Terry dropped as England captain

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Terry dropped as England captain

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:41 pm

Has to be the right decision, but Rio is not the right replacement!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Rio will be lucky to get a game, he's usually crocked or banned after 90 minutes!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby crossan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:45 pm

its ok in a few months there will be a media campaign to bring back the wronged family man as captain....................
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Feed The Goat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:48 pm

I was under the impression this vannessa bird was bridges ex bird so terry nailed a single lady. I know he is married so shouldn't be doin it. But he hasn't rang in sick and waited for bridge to go training before going round to slip waynes bird a length. I know plenty of men that have had affairs and not lost there job. We now have a smackhead leading the national team to the world cup.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Whos the new vice captain?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Think Gerrard was 3rd choice , so must be him
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:59 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Last week, it was reported that he had been shagging this bird for 4 months. Bridge has split up with his Mrs at the end of December. So clearly he was shagging Bridge's Mrs. But it keeps being reported as though it WAS (at the time) Bridge's EX Mrs.

My Mrs asked me last night (aside from the infidelity) why it was such a big problem when he was shagging Wayne Bridge's ex Mrs. It keeps being reported that he had an affair with a team mate's ex girlfriend. She asked therefore what has this got to do with his captaincy of England? This implies to most that she was not attached at the time.

Given Terry's attempt to browbeat everyone with a super injunction, would it be too far fetched to assume that the media have been "instructed" to use EX-mrs to lessen the impact of the story to the lay person.

I find the media restrictions on the whole affair as the most distasteful aspect of the whole thing, how he thought he could hide behind legal means to prevent this from coming out. Next, we will have the fucking taleban taking out injunctions to prevent the reporting of their atrocities to women.

Thanks for clearing up the timeline. When it was first reported, I thought what's the big deal and why are they dragging in Bridge if it was his Ex. Haven't read anywhere that Terry was shagging her while she was still with Bridge. Wonder how long has that been going on and when did Bridge find out about it. I presume she was still living in London while Bridge spent more time in Manchester ?
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby ronk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:I was under the impression this vannessa bird was bridges ex bird so terry nailed a single lady. I know he is married so shouldn't be doin it. But he hasn't rang in sick and waited for bridge to go training before going round to slip waynes bird a length. I know plenty of men that have had affairs and not lost there job. We now have a smackhead leading the national team to the world cup.

Now ex. Then girlfriend.

It's funny you should say that, I've seen exactly that alluded to, which is as far as you'd go with no proof against someone so litigious and brazen.

I imagine he'll be coming out with an emotional apology soon, now that he's been hurt.

This isn't too bad for Terry, he saves face. It would be much worse for him if he'd been stripped of the captaincy for football reasons. His narcissism need not be affected.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:04 pm

They were just on SSN saying they hope this hasn't pressed the self destruct button on what are probably England's best chance of winning the World Cup since 1966.

forgive me if I'm wrong, but every single time you qualify for the world cup it is your "greatest chance of winning it since 1966"??!
Original Dub

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:forgive me if I'm wrong, but every single time you qualify for the world cup it is your "greatest chance of winning it since 1966"??!

you should see it over here about a week before the thing starts.

one year before the coupe du monde we are contenders in the eyes of the media, which builds up until finally just before the first game we are dead certs to lift the trophy and everyone else might as well just piss off home. it's fucking hilarious really.

remember when we beat russia 3-1 during euro 08 qualifiers? some twunt in the sun predicted McLaren would take us "to the semis of euro 08, maybe even beyond".
The Man In Blue

Postby Vhero » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Fucking shocked Rio is captain what the fuck is the point of taking captaincy from Terry for that yet giving it to Rio "I didn't didn't take drugs honest!" Ferdinand?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Vhero wrote:Fucking shocked Rio is captain what the fuck is the point of taking captaincy from Terry for that yet giving it to Rio "I didn't didn't take drugs honest!" Ferdinand?

his team mates might trust him.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Vhero » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Vhero wrote:Fucking shocked Rio is captain what the fuck is the point of taking captaincy from Terry for that yet giving it to Rio "I didn't didn't take drugs honest!" Ferdinand?

Its a bad mark on the country though as good as he was he shouldn't even be playing for England. They trust probably Gerrard mate and half the rest of the team so your point is kinda moot.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Just seen this, can't belive is gone to Ferdinand another tosser as captain great.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby crossan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:

THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANYONE ELSE'S MISSUS MESSING WITH THAT THICK WARTY NOSED TWAT IS THERE?
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Blue2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:29 pm

For a job like this I would rather have a man who is a leader and an adulterer rather than one that is a fuckwit and drug test dodger.

If the crime is such a major one then he shouldn't play for Engalnd again, but they wont drop him form the squad will they? No, because he is too important to the team. As I said earlier, I don't like the guy, but this this is a bit hypocritical.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Taking the armband from Terry to give it to Ferdinand is a bit of a joke, isn't it? I mean, taking it away from Terry is ok but then the replacement should have been Gerrard or even better Lampard, surely not Ferdinand...
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:47 pm

Blue2 wrote:For a job like this I would rather have a man who is a leader and an adulterer rather than one that is a fuckwit and drug test dodger.

If the crime is such a major one then he shouldn't play for Engalnd again, but they wont drop him form the squad will they? No, because he is too important to the team. As I said earlier, I don't like the guy, but this this is a bit hypocritical.

Capello has more promoted the 2iC as opposed to making a fresh appointment. Personally, I felt they just made an example out of Rio Ferdinand to prove no-one was above the law.

I trusted Fabio to make the right decision and he did. I'm a huge fan of his style of Management and it's sadly lacking in Football now. England have had a complete facelift under his tenure. Wembley is looking wonderful, the Shirt is a classic and the Team themselves are playing with confidence. I think Capello is the best England Manager since Bobby Robson.

Needless to say, I'm proud that my adopted home Country are taking part in the next World Cup and am pleased that the Media will struggle to whip up a storm now Terry has been axed as Captain. It's about time the cheating Son of a Drug Dealer and Shoplifter got his comeuppance. He'll hate that.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Blue2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:53 pm

btajim wrote:
Blue2 wrote:For a job like this I would rather have a man who is a leader and an adulterer rather than one that is a fuckwit and drug test dodger.

Capello has more promoted the 2iC as opposed to making a fresh appointment. Personally, I felt they just made an example out of Rio Ferdinand to prove no-one was above the law.

I trusted Fabio to make the right decision and he did. I'm a huge fan of his style of Management and it's sadly lacking in Football now. England have had a complete facelift under his tenure. Wembley is looking wonderful, the Shirt is a classic and the Team themselves are playing with confidence. I think Capello is the best England Manager since Bobby Robson.

Needless to say, I'm proud that my adopted home Country are taking part in the next World Cup and am pleased that the Media will struggle to whip up a storm now Terry has been axed as Captain. It's about time the cheating Son of a Drug Dealer and Shoplifter got his comeuppance. He'll hate that.

They won't find it hard Jim, we now have a drug test dodger in the role who was fined £50k and banned for 8 months.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bluej » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:00 pm

I'm glad Terry got sacked off but Wio - really?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum