Terry dropped as England captain

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Terry dropped as England captain

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Blue2 wrote:
btajim wrote:I trusted Fabio to make the right decision and he did. I'm a huge fan of his style of Management and it's sadly lacking in Football now. England have had a complete facelift under his tenure. Wembley is looking wonderful, the Shirt is a classic and the Team themselves are playing with confidence. I think Capello is the best England Manager since Bobby Robson.

Needless to say, I'm proud that my adopted home Country are taking part in the next World Cup and am pleased that the Media will struggle to whip up a storm now Terry has been axed as Captain. It's about time the cheating Son of a Drug Dealer and Shoplifter got his comeuppance. He'll hate that.

They won't find it hard Jim, we now have a drug test dodger in the role who was fined £50k and banned for 8 months.

I can't remember the last time I saw anything about Jar Jar in the Press. At the end of the day, he's served his punishment and is now available to represent his Country again.

If anything, someone who seems streetwise will be able to show Kids that it's possible to receive a second chance and take it. Once the Terry stuff dies down and he proves himself to everyone that he's able to rise to the challenge then he'd be a consideration for Captain once again. I doubt it'll happen though!
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby david yearsley » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:20 pm

The puritanical bollox coming out of what in continental Europe would be considered a "non -story" is embarrassing at times . If one is attempting to go down that road then Fat Frank was prolly the obvious choice. Once again the nation´s insatiable appetite for titilation and hypocritical pontificating over the kind of things which go on every day and in every walk of life have won the day. Capello was left in an invidious position and has acted swiftly and in doing so has helped to nip things in the bud. Problem is most of this stuff is "alleged" and the woman involved in this little triangle seems to be completely exhonorated. Thank god she´s decided to keep schtum for the time being - takes two to tango and painting Terry as some kind of anti-Darwinian failure of evolution is frankly risible. How many great academics and philosophers allowed their pricks to rule their brains I wonder? J.T. is a fool, of that there is no doubt but perhaps rule 1 should be "don´t get fuclin caught!"
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 pm

God job Sven isn't the manager. THat would be fun watching them trade stories !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby btajim » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:14 pm

david yearsley wrote:The puritanical bollox coming out of what in continental Europe would be considered a "non -story" is embarrassing at times .

Fabio Capello is originally from Croydon? He made the decision. No-one made it for him. If anything, the National sides of Italy or Spain don't suffer with the second rate support that England do.

Besides, it'd be the press that'd ruin it for England if John Terry was still in charge. The Daily Mail would be throwing £5 notes at the residents of his native Barking to get stories about his past and The Sun would be going through the used condoms in his dustbins. Capello doesn't want that sort of media circus to get any kind of influence on the Team and was very right to drop him.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 pm

my faith in human nature is retsored. I now just need to declare my Fatwā that any decent thinking man who meets Terry should slap the twat.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:32 pm

So we've promoted the aptly named 'vice' captain?

Terry had to go, you would have had the world's press hounding him about his extra carricular activities rather than talking about football. Also it looks like there's a lot more stuff bubbling under the surface, maybe gambling related etc as some on here have posted. The hacks will be avidly looking for the next expose right through past the world cup & it would have been ridiculous.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ronk » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 pm

It's impossible to me to have much sympathy for Terry in this situation. He's gotton off very lightly. The captaincy is an honour to someone who's supposed to be an example to the players. Taking it away for a scandal isn't a big deal. If anything it will aid his notoriety. He's done incredibly well with the media considering he used a super-injunction, something that can bring lengthy jail terms.

There's been no shortage of England fans who actually defend what he's done and have practically come out against Bridge. It's one thing to say that he did wrong but he should be let away with it, it's another thing to play the victim.

Yes, there's been some unhealthy interest in his private life but he brought it on himself, through his indiscretions and his hypocrisy. He won Dad of the Year, FFS. Build yourself up as a family man and you'd better live up to it.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby blootoof » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:43 pm

crossan wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Vhero wrote:Fucking shocked Rio is captain what the fuck is the point of taking captaincy from Terry for that yet giving it to Rio "I didn't didn't take drugs honest!" Ferdinand?

his team mates might trust him.

THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANYONE ELSE'S MISSUS MESSING WITH THAT THICK WARTY NOSED TWAT IS THERE?

We'll find out Sunday, the papers have got more shit on him.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:46 pm

blootoof wrote:
crossan wrote:
Vhero wrote:Fucking shocked Rio is captain what the fuck is the point of taking captaincy from Terry for that yet giving it to Rio "I didn't didn't take drugs honest!" Ferdinand?

THERE IS NO CHANCE OF ANYONE ELSE'S MISSUS MESSING WITH THAT THICK WARTY NOSED TWAT IS THERE?

On Wio?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:15 pm

The task of trying to find a player that others might respect amongst a bunch of cheats, liars, prima donnas, granny shaggers, adulterers, coke fiends, friendly skippers and overpaid hype merchants is impossible. By changing the captain Mr Capello has achieved nothing more than confirming he, like every other England manager there has been in my football watching lifetime, is easily susceptible to pressure from the media.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby blootoof » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:47 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
blootoof wrote:
crossan wrote:

On Wio?

My bad, I meant Terry. Oh and his wife. Also Cashley Cole(either about Bettin or fuckin or both?). And somethin about half the Chelsea squad.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:53 pm

blootoof wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
blootoof wrote:

On Wio?

My bad, I meant Terry. Oh and his wife. Also Cashley Cole(either about Bettin or fuckin or both?). And somethin about half the Chelsea squad.[/quote]

Why they only going after Chelsea players? Is this the rag press sensing a chance to sabotage Chelseas season and hand it to the Rags?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby blootoof » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 am

Why they only going after Chelsea players? Is this the rag press sensing a chance to sabotage Chelseas season and hand it to the Rags?

I know she's a slag mate but I don't think she got round to the United squad ;)
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:The task of trying to find a player that others might respect amongst a bunch of cheats, liars, prima donnas, granny shaggers, adulterers, coke fiends, friendly skippers and overpaid hype merchants is impossible. By changing the captain Mr Capello has achieved nothing more than confirming he, like every other England manager there has been in my football watching lifetime, is easily susceptible to pressure from the media.

Well he could have entered into a pissing contest with the world's media just to give John Terry the satisfaction of being captain but it would have been the worst decision of all time & would serve no purpose. The only thing the England captain actually does is act as a figurehead, if that figurehead is going to spend the next 6 months dodging questions about shagging his team mate's girlfriend then how exactly does that help England win a world cup?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sheikhermaker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 am

How good would it have been for Bridge to be a regular and to have been in contention for the captaincy. Imagnine the scandal if he had have got it!?
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby ronk » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:02 am

Sheikhermaker wrote:How good would it have been for Bridge to be a regular and to have been in contention for the captaincy. Imagnine the scandal if he had have got it!?

Struggling to.

Do we live in a world where the cheated's reputation is more damaged than the cheater?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby edge275 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:07 am

I totally back Fabio in stripping the captaincy of Terry. But to then give it camel lips defeats the object. I know this won't go down well but in my opinion the captaincy should go to Rooney.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Sheikhermaker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:18 am

ronk wrote:
Sheikhermaker wrote:How good would it have been for Bridge to be a regular and to have been in contention for the captaincy. Imagnine the scandal if he had have got it!?

Struggling to.

Do we live in a world where the cheated's reputation is more damaged than the cheater?

Think my post may have been a bit ambiguous, had a few San Miguels tonight!

I would have loved it if Bridge replaced Terry as captain. I don't think Wayne Bridge's reputation should be damaged by this, he's done nothing wrong, conducted himself well in the media and kept a low profile. I keep hearing rumours about more scandal coming out over the weekend about Chelsea though, I'm hoping its a scandal which happened after Bridgey left, and even if not, that it doesn't involve him.
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:18 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:The task of trying to find a player that others might respect amongst a bunch of cheats, liars, prima donnas, granny shaggers, adulterers, coke fiends, friendly skippers and overpaid hype merchants is impossible. By changing the captain Mr Capello has achieved nothing more than confirming he, like every other England manager there has been in my football watching lifetime, is easily susceptible to pressure from the media.

Well he could have entered into a pissing contest with the world's media just to give John Terry the satisfaction of being captain but it would have been the worst decision of all time & would serve no purpose. The only thing the England captain actually does is act as a figurehead, if that figurehead is going to spend the next 6 months dodging questions about shagging his team mate's girlfriend then how exactly does that help England win a world cup?

Do you think this JT thing will continue? Because the next time another half news story comes around I bet you people forget about Terrygate in an instant.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby CityGer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 am

edge275 wrote:I totally back Fabio in stripping the captaincy of Terry. But to then give it camel lips defeats the object. I know this won't go down well but in my opinion the captaincy should go to Rooney.

Lips and suitability for the role aside, Capello can hardly strip the captaincy from love cheat Terry and give it to love cheat and mature prostitute user Rooney.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum