Man city carrots £1,000,000 each

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Man city carrots £1,000,000 each

Postby Patrick » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Perhaps this has been covered somewhere else - but i hope it works....

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... n-carrot-/?

MANCHESTER City have offered first-team regulars at Eastlands the staggering sum of up to £1 million a man to take the club into the Champions League and win the FA Cup.
The huge bonuses will be paid, on top of sky-high salaries, if City finish in the top four, ahead of Champions League-chasing rivals Liverpool, Spurs and Aston Villa and win the club’s first trophy since 1976 in May.
City’s bonus structure easily outstrips any other Premier League club. New boys Patrick Vieira and Adam Johnson have joined City on a relatively-modest £38,000-a-week but both can triple their pay on appearances made, goals created and scored.
City’s players are all on £3,000 per point, but qualification for the Champions League would send players’ earnings rocketing.
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Re: Man city carrots £1,000,000 each

Postby ENIAM NAM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:15 pm

I am sure they are on some sort of win bonus, but this has been denied on the OS
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 pm

bonus' are fantastic, how many £'s are the fans being given off their tickets next year for their undying loyalty. I have no doubt that City would be in the bottom half and have no chance of the winning the FA Cup if nobody turned up.

obscene money
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:57 pm

Patrick wrote:Perhaps this has been covered somewhere else - but i hope it works....

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/vie ... n-carrot-/?

MANCHESTER City have offered first-team regulars at Eastlands the staggering sum of up to £1 million a man to take the club into the Champions League and win the FA Cup.
The huge bonuses will be paid, on top of sky-high salaries, if City finish in the top four, ahead of Champions League-chasing rivals Liverpool, Spurs and Aston Villa and win the club’s first trophy since 1976 in May.
City’s bonus structure easily outstrips any other Premier League club. New boys Patrick Vieira and Adam Johnson have joined City on a relatively-modest £38,000-a-week but both can triple their pay on appearances made, goals created and scored.
City’s players are all on £3,000 per point, but qualification for the Champions League would send players’ earnings rocketing.

Mcfc1632 and Socrates will be having heart attacks at the thought of giving that cash away, Platini will be hoping we get the 4th spot and the fa cup!!!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby AlpsMaster » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Employment research has shown that there are only two groups of workers where performance related pay definitely works: taxi drivers; and professional footballers.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ashton287 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:30 pm

good, if if gets the job done then i dont care. Our earning will sky rocket from the CL alone and then theres shirt sales in london.

imagine having AC Milan, barcelona and maybe even rangers (woooo) at eastlands next season.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby john68 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:35 am

Didn't someone post that this has been denied by the club?

Yet some are discussing it as if it is a fact.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby blues-clues » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:49 am

john68 wrote:Didn't someone post that this has been denied by the club?

I may have got this completely wrong but I thought these sorts of bonuses were not allowed to be introduced part way through the season??? Wasn't there a similar issue with Chelsea a few years ago and UEFA said it was not permitted to change the structure of players contracts on an ad hoc basis like this. May be dreaming but I am sure there was something that outlawed this sort of thing. As the OS have denied it, it is a dead story anyway but even if they wanted to I am not sure the owners can do it.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:35 am

blues-clues wrote:

I may have got this completely wrong but I thought these sorts of bonuses were not allowed to be introduced part way through the season??? Wasn't there a similar issue with Chelsea a few years ago and UEFA said it was not permitted to change the structure of players contracts on an ad hoc basis like this. May be dreaming but I am sure there was something that outlawed this sort of thing. As the OS have denied it, it is a dead story anyway but even if they wanted to I am not sure the owners can do it.

I would have thought they couldn't change everybody's contracts from say £100k a week, to £50k a week basic, plus £10k per appearance, £10k per week etc, however, they can renegotiate players contracts at any time, hence the extensions that happen. I would be surprised if bonuses aren't already in their contracts, with a substantial one for CL qualification.

As for the bonus, it's no different than the boss of a small firm taking his workforce for a meal if they win a big contract, just that professional footballers wouldn't be as impressed by a chinese buffet and all the beer you can drink. Actually, now I think about it...

I'm more surprised the Express has gone for Vieira on a relatively modest £38,000 a week rather than 'foreigners coming over here, doing our jobs and killing Diana'
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Somerset Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:42 am

Brown envelopes, used £20 notes, simple!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:18 pm

I did John. Link attached.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-pap ... mmer-plans

Elsewhere, the Express floats the faintly ludicrous and incorrect back-page notion that City's players have a "£1million-a-man carrot" to take the club into the Champions League and win the FA Cup.

Sounds exciting, but it's an exclusive that doesn't hold water. Better luck next time, chaps ...
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Vhero » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:57 pm

It's a great idea why spend 30 million on a single player when you can give your entire team a massive boost for the same price. We need top 4 this year more than anything thanks to these new rules coming in we cannot afford to wait around and to be honest this is our best chance.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

if they are on this sort of money to get us to 4th place and a fa cup win, then the money is safe after todays game
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Not much of an incentive based on today,s performance.

Sums up today,s modern footballer!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 pm

£300 a week basic,

£1000 per appearance

£1000 a goal

£1000 a clean sheet

£500 per assist

£500 if you run over xx miles per game/certain stats per position

£1,000,000 each for winning some silverware

They are wages the common man could understand!!!! They would also motivate the selfish lack luster spoilt bastards we saw today.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby ruralblue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Is a million an incentive to any footballer (or City player) anymore these days. When you have so much money that you don't know what to do with it what difference does incentives give?

The only incentive they should need is playing for the shirt on their backs and bringing some glory to City
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Return to The Maine Football forum