Danny Wilson

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Danny Wilson

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 am

Someone posted in another thread about young Danny Wilson at Rangers being a talented lad. If he is, his name's in good company. Danny Wilson was Ryan Giggs's dad, played stand-off half for Swinton Rugby League team in the '70s-early '80s. He could swivel his hips and send four players one way while he went the other. Brilliant player (it's where Giggs got his stuff from), flawed human being.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Re: Danny Wilson

Postby Burt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:35 am

BobbyJ1956 wrote:Someone posted in another thread about young Danny Wilson at Rangers being a talented lad. If he is, his name's in good company. Danny Wilson was Ryan Giggs's dad, played stand-off half for Swinton Rugby League team in the '70s-early '80s. He could swivel his hips and send four players one way while he went the other. Brilliant player (it's where Giggs got his stuff from), flawed human being.

That's why the song about Giggs birth certificate was made methinks mate:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby M147WN » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:37 am

Hmmm .. our Danny Wilson is the supporters liason officer.
he's a smashing fella!
I've met him a few times and he's one of the best!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Sheikhermaker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:01 am

Slightly OT I know, but its a shame what happened to Swinton in the 70's when the league's were re-jigged. Considering their history and success, its unbelieveable that clubs like Swinton, Widnes, and Leigh to name but a few, are excluded from the top flight of Rugby League as it is now, by a franchise system, yet less successful but more 'glamorous' clubs are in and guaranteed survival at their expense.

I dearly hope football doesn't follow this path. The day we have no promotion/relegation system in the Football League, I'll be offskies.
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Return to The Maine Football forum