**MCFC V Hull Official Match Thread**

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: **MCFC V Hull Official Match Thread**

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Was amazed to see the stats from yesterday:

[center]Hull City Team Statistics Manchester City

2 Goals 1

1 1st Half Goals 0

3 Shots on Target 5

4 Shots off Target 5

2 Blocked Shots 6

4 Corners 8

14 Fouls 14

5 Offsides 6

2 Yellow Cards 4

0 Red Cards 0

61.9 Passing Success 71.1

18 Tackles 31

88.9 Tackles Success 90.3

41.8 Possession 58.2

51.6 Territorial Advantage 48.4[/center]

I saw those stats too and could only think that sometimes the stats don't quite tell the full story. However, both Hull goals could have been blocked by City players . Toure hid and adebayor wouldn't put his body in the way. I've seen players like Richards, Dunne, De Jong do this.

However the stats don't tell you how bad our corners were , or how pool Bellamy played. Ade was not interested in the game and Ireland and Barry were well below par. Oh and Toure ..... shocking.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 pm

zuricity wrote:

2 Goals 1

1 1st Half Goals 0

3 Shots on Target 5

4 Shots off Target 5

2 Blocked Shots 6

4 Corners 8

14 Fouls 14

5 Offsides 6

2 Yellow Cards 4

0 Red Cards 0

18 Tackles 31

41.8 Possession 58.2

I saw those stats too and could only think that sometimes the stats don't quite tell the full story. However, both Hull goals could have been blocked by City players . Toure hid and adebayor wouldn't put his body in the way. I've seen players like Richards, Dunne, De Jong do this.

However the stats don't tell you how bad our corners were , or how pool Bellamy played. Ade was not interested in the game and Ireland and Barry were well below par. Oh and Toure ..... shocking.

Would Jamie carragher stand there and turn away like a frightened kitten when someone kicks the ball? NO WAY. Carragher is not the greatest of defenders but he certainly gives his all and never shirks a challenge. If he was centre back yesterday he would have blocked that shot. It angers me that these players are paid all that money to not do what they are paid for. Our captain and defender did not defend at the crucial moment and its not on.

Regarding the stats, they are quite alarming and show that we pass the ball around and keep possession in our own half. Passing backwards and sidewards whilst going nowhere is not good enough either.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:

2 Goals 1

1 1st Half Goals 0

3 Shots on Target 5

4 Shots off Target 5

2 Blocked Shots 6

4 Corners 8

14 Fouls 14

5 Offsides 6

2 Yellow Cards 4

0 Red Cards 0

18 Tackles 31

41.8 Possession 58.2

Would Jamie carragher stand there and turn away like a frightened kitten when someone kicks the ball? NO WAY. Carragher is not the greatest of defenders but he certainly gives his all and never shirks a challenge. If he was centre back yesterday he would have blocked that shot. It angers me that these players are paid all that money to not do what they are paid for. Our captain and defender did not defend at the crucial moment and its not on.

Regarding the stats, they are quite alarming and show that we pass the ball around and keep possession in our own half. Passing backwards and sidewards whilst going nowhere is not good enough either.

It was pathetic wasn't it? Whats the point of a centre back who isnt willing to throw himself in front of the ball? I know one thing for sure - Dunnie would have...
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby walmai » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:24 pm

bluej wrote:
walmai wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
walmai wrote:Image

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/typical

Typical of me, or of you?

City

Would still back you to get that 4th slot.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:07 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:

2 Goals 1

1 1st Half Goals 0

3 Shots on Target 5

4 Shots off Target 5

2 Blocked Shots 6

4 Corners 8

14 Fouls 14

5 Offsides 6

2 Yellow Cards 4

0 Red Cards 0

18 Tackles 31

41.8 Possession 58.2

It was pathetic wasn't it? Whats the point of a centre back who isnt willing to throw himself in front of the ball? I know one thing for sure - Dunnie would have...

I've seen Dunney throw himself in front of those for us but I've also seen him turn away. Most modern day players do from time to time, it's a pet hate of mine.

The area around the 'D' has been a weakness for us all season, people often get on the ball there from set pieces but also from open play like the 1st goal. You'd think one of Barry or DeJong would have that sewn up but they never do. I recon that's possibly what Vieira's for.

Kris Kamara & Peter Taylor reconed City's defending of the corner was tactically wrong in that we had two on the posts who then ran out when the ball was headed. Their opinion was that there's no point in doing that as you don't usually get offsides in those situations & had they stayed on the posts Hull wouldn't have scored.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum