Hart open to Blues stay

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Hart open to Blues stay

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Birmingham City's on-loan goalkeeper Joe Hart has revealed he would be interested in spending another season on loan at St Andrews.

The 22-year-old is currently on a season-long lstay with Alex McLeish's side after slipping down the pecking order at Eastlands.

Shay Given's arrival from Newcastle relegated Hart to bench duty and former boss Mark Hughes allowed him to leave on loan.

Hart has gone from strength to strength with Blues and is a strong candidate to make Fabio Capello's England squad for the World Cup finals.

The talented shot-stopper has enjoyed his time with Birmingham and has confirmed he would be interested in staying for another year.

"I was obviously struggling for a game at Manchester City," he told the Daily Mail.

"Birmingham made their intentions clear. They have given me a chance.

"There wasn't much goalkeeping movement last summer and I really wanted to stay in the Premier League.

"I'd be open to staying another season on loan but I need to see what Manchester City think at the end of the season.

"I'm here and 100 per cent focused on Birmingham until then."

Hart began his career with Shrewsbury Town and he admits spending time in the lower leagues makes him appreciate his time at the top.

The Blues ace has played alongside some of the best in the business and concedes that seeing their dedication ensures his feet remain on the ground.

"You don't really appreciate what professional football is about when you are a young boy," he continued.

"You think it's still a game. Then you enter the professional world and realise how serious and intense it really is.

"At that level, it's as serious as the Premier League. It means a lot to the boys. You need to win. You need to do well. Players need their appearance and win bonuses.

"It made me grow up quickly and realise just what sort of world this is. I ended up doing a proper apprenticeship at Shrewsbury. I had a great teacher in Nigel Vaughan, our youth team coach.

"So I appreciate everything I've got now. I know where I've come from and I won't forget it. When you are around the great players - like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand or Shay Given, David James - you watch and learn and see how they don't take anything for granted.

"They work their socks off every day because it could be snatched off them. So I'm going to work hard and try to enjoy every minute of it. I feel I get more out of it when I enjoy it. All I want to do is play."

from skysports.com

I wouldnt mind letting him stay for another year, and it will give him prem experience for when he dose come back to us. He will deffo turn out to be a top class keeper for us.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Hart open to Blues stay

Postby Burt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:36 pm

I was ok with that until he states Dumbo Ferdinand hasn't taken anything for granted. Errrrrrrrm, has he forgot that he's a convicted drugs cheat?!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CityGer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 pm

I'd like us to loan him out again and would be very reluctant to let him leave on a permanent deal. I just wonder if he'll be angling for move though as Given probably has 3/4 more years in him and Joe may want to build something elsewhere. Hope not, he is already a very good keeper and will be top class.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby edge275 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Burt wrote:I was ok with that until he states Dumbo Ferdinand hasn't taken anything for granted. Errrrrrrrm, has he forgot that he's a convicted drugs cheat?!

How's the gary glitter holts?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby john68 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:46 pm

There is a possibility that in the next 12 months or so Hart may improve to a point where he is a better option than Given.
Having 2 keepers playing regularly in the Prem every week is great for us and great for hart's development.
He's done well at Brum and improved.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Return to The Maine Football forum