GARETH BARRY ANALYSIS

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: GARETH BARRY ANALYSIS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:38 pm

irblinx wrote:
King Kev wrote:He offers nothing to the team, has been crap for weeks and needs a spell on the bench.

Or under the surgeon's knife if the rumours are true

Doug seems to have confirmed that this is not true

Today, as with most games he is slow over the ground, slow to read the play, doesnt tackle and his distribution was poor.

Barry seems to be a total enigma. He was the summer signing that I was most excited about. One of the most consistent players in the premier league for a decade at Villa, maybe he has been the man the team has been built around at Villa, so all other signings were there to do the things that he isnt very good at. He doesnt have that luxury here, so it appears his deficiencies are being cruelly exposed.

The analysis thread may turn into what appears to be Barry bashing, but you could repeat the exercise for the same player vs Bolton at home or for that matter any other game this season w, and I doubt that the comments would be much more positive.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Goataldo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:49 pm

Can't judge him as I went to the pub to watch the match and they were showing United. It's Chorlton for God's sake, Death Star's only up the road but nah let's watch it in the pub with our Delia Smith scarves on. Apparently it's hard to get tickets if you can't read, write, think or speak properly.

I did meet one United fan in the pub who'd been to the game though. He appeared at half time, saying the Portsmouth drum was too loud, and he was sick of away fans singing more than them, and that the atmosphere was 'shite'. You couldn't make it up! Every cloud eh....

I realise I'm off-topic but hopefully have illustrated why.
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby ruralblue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:04 pm

If he has this Op how long will he be out afterwards, without rushing him back. Is he putting this off cause world cup year??, if so then at this rate will he get picked for the england team on the basis of the majority of his recent (since we played Villa) appearances.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:09 pm

ruralblue wrote:If he has this Op how long will he be out afterwards, without rushing him back. Is he putting this off cause world cup year??, if so then at this rate will he get picked for the england team on the basis of the majority of his recent (since we played Villa) appearances.

If someone is a top, and I mean top notch player, injury causing him to be playing so far below what he is supposedly capable of as he has for the last 4 months, he would have been operated on by now.

If it had been an issue, he could have had the opportunity to have an op if we had another DM signed up with Vieira in the first few days of the transfer window. All this bollocks about last minute bids suggest it wasnt a priority, and points to Doug being correct about him NOT being unfit
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:30 pm

johnpb78 wrote:The analysis thread may turn into what appears to be Barry bashing...
Precisely the reason why I wasn't keen on Barry being the subject of this analysis. He has been shit for many weeks now and it was pretty obvious that it would turn out like this. It is just confirming what most of us already know.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

He also looks like a Subbuteo figure in the team photo.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:33 pm

How many good games has Barry played for City? IMO not many. Today he was no worse than normal but he should have made more of an impression on a match we wanted to win. Doesn't he get selected regular for England??

He was supposed to be able to tackle and create. Most of the time he seems to be on the floor trying to keep or win possession. Not many chances created. Has no pace. Good that he has a left foot which allows flexibility for the team but he needs to improve. I thought he was going to be a leader for the team, I don't see this at the moment.

If he is not injured his form is a serious worry and one that Mancini should have addressed early in the transfer window not at the end!

Would love him to come good in a City shirt though and he was one of the first to sign on for the 'project'.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:...Doesn't he get selected regular for England??....
I have a theory that he had a bad experience during our pre-season tour and doesn't want to go back to South Africa.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby eastlandsblue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:50 pm

from where I was sat, he was to slow in closing the attacker down. Was to blame for the 1st goal, and gave the ball away to often. When he went to LB, he seem more at ease. Rather than call him crap, Id give him the next 2wks off, than assess him again. Personally I think he's a much better then were seeing
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:40 am

Overall I thought Bazza had a decent game. For me Bazza is a ball player who likes to break up and then set up the attack. The problem we've got is that we play to defensive which means when he is looking for an outletor two, there is nothing on offer. He ends up playing it square or to a player who has no real motivation to get forward.

Playing him and Nigel doesn't help the team either!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:44 am

There is surely something wrong with gareth, either mental or physical. But atleast he is trying to do a box to box job. he doesn't enrage me like nige who to my eyes is a complete bullshitter. the hard man who never makes a tackle unless its a certainty. the defensive midfielder who other teams bypass time after time. a weightlifter masquerading as a footballer. at his worst utter gash. at his best, totally and utterly mediocre without a brain cell in his head. Nah, like him really lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:49 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:There is surely something wrong with gareth, either mental or physical. But atleast he is trying to do a box to box job. he doesn't enrage me like nige who to my eyes is a complete bullshitter. the hard man who never makes a tackle unless its a certainty. the defensive midfielder who other teams bypass time after time. a weightlifter masquerading as a footballer. at his worst utter gash. at his best, totally and utterly mediocre without a brain cell in his head. Nah, like him really lol

All's I'll say is, 'I disagree'!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:51 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:There is surely something wrong with gareth, either mental or physical. But atleast he is trying to do a box to box job. he doesn't enrage me like nige who to my eyes is a complete bullshitter. the hard man who never makes a tackle unless its a certainty. the defensive midfielder who other teams bypass time after time. a weightlifter masquerading as a footballer. at his worst utter gash. at his best, totally and utterly mediocre without a brain cell in his head. Nah, like him really lol

suspect its a regular, he mentioned "good paul dickov" in another thread
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I remember that one, now who the hell was that? 2 posts did have me wondering, wonder if one of the mods could check out the ISP ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:05 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I remember that one, now who the hell was that? 2 posts did have me wondering, wonder if one of the mods could check out the ISP ;-)

Is it slim, or CARL im certain its slim for what its worth
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:49 am

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:The analysis thread may turn into what appears to be Barry bashing...
Precisely the reason why I wasn't keen on Barry being the subject of this analysis. He has been shit for many weeks now and it was pretty obvious that it would turn out like this. It is just confirming what most of us already know.

Tbh I've studied players in the past after criticising them & found more good points than I'd realised & it's changed my opinion somewhat.

In this case although I didn't particularly study Barry, I thought he was utter shite & this thread seems to be confirming I didn't miss anything! Drop him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nige » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 am

he just wont carry the ball at any point in the game. His first and only option is spin, stop and pass. This wasnt the barry we saw at the start of the season or in a Villa or England shirt. he has it in his locker but one of three things is keeping it locked away.

1) bobby manc demanding he plays in a certain way.
2) physical issue like a nagging injury or carrying too much weight
3) mental issue - has all his confidence been swallowed up by the Villa fans?

1 week rest and play ireland in there with NDJ. one of our CM players has to carry the ball which Stevie can do.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:54 am

Nige wrote:he just wont carry the ball at any point in the game. His first and only option is spin, stop and pass. This wasnt the barry we saw at the start of the season or in a Villa or England shirt. he has it in his locker but one of three things is keeping it locked away.

1) bobby manc demanding he plays in a certain way.
2) physical issue like a nagging injury or carrying too much weight
3) mental issue - has all his confidence been swallowed up by the Villa fans?

1 week rest and play ireland in there with NDJ. one of our CM players has to carry the ball which Stevie can do.

110% agree with resting him and playing Ireland there, this wll also get Stevie back on track
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:33 pm

I think you'll find that if we pair him with a holding mid who a can hold rather than standing twenty yards off, b play a waited pass a stride infront rather than a million miles an hour at your knees when you aint ready to recieve it, and can jink and move forwards when he has the ball thus disrupting the opposing line of four or five , you will find that Gareth looks a decent, albeit not wonderful(he never was) player again.Nige's limitations are why Bobby Manc was in the market and why he brought in Vieira, imo. A holding MF who knows how to fall over instead of constantly being penalized would be nice, but hey, why think when you can bare your teeth? But maybe those who criticise Barry so vehemently think its Nige whose been playing all those weighted through balls to Bellers, lol . However, if running round like a headless chicken passing the ball into impossible stuations before anyone has had a chance to gather breath is what's required, didn't we have a bloke from switzerland who did that rather well?lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby the_georgian_genius » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Waste of time analysing Gareth Barry, said that in the voting thread.
the_georgian_genius

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum