Ratings against Hull

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ratings against Hull

Postby Redna » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Given-4 Can't kick, can't get to airballs but a descent stopper.
Zabaleta- 3 It's just not his nose that is broken
Boyata-4 He's young and made a descent game afterall
Kolo-5 Didn't shine but didn't rust. Another overpaid .....
Bridge-3 Defends a little bit better then spanish Gaz but going forward absolutely wank. Why even take a boot on the right foot.
Schlong- 4 Tried but failed
Ireland- 2 Never got in to the game and someone must have been taking his kryptonite this season. Superman my arse.
Barry-2 Maybe he should be off to his namesake Bury FC. Third tier player at most.
Tevez-4 First touch of heroin atticted wanker.
AdebaYER-4 Scorer but lazy as an unpaid street worker refurbishing non-excisting pavements.
Bellers-3 Totaly useless in this one. Looked like an OAP without a proper funding.

Subs Viera-2 He's fat , he's clumpsy and a total waste of money. If a hasbeen needs a face. Use his.
AJ-6 Looked like the only one eager to get something out of this game. He's also soon gonna be spoiled.
Petrov- 5 Had the ball twice and that earns him a five.
Mr Icecreamseller- 2 Negative football with a bunch of clowns is not what you expect but as always he's not our man either, cos there is no man for us. We are written losers all over.

I'm a bit to negative atm but I'm feeling lost.
CTID!!
Last edited by Redna on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Re: Ratings against Hull

Postby Beanieboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:14 pm

hmmm, maybe a little too soon to start this thread?
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Redna » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Beanieboy wrote:hmmm, maybe a little too soon to start this thread?

You are right mate. But I needed to vent my feelings as smashing empty cans won't do it either. Calm, calm calm.
CTID!!
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beanieboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Redna wrote:
Beanieboy wrote:hmmm, maybe a little too soon to start this thread?

You are right mate. But I needed to vent my feelings as smashing empty cans won't do it either. Calm, calm calm.
CTID!!

Haha, same feeling allround atm i think,...a little editing in half an hour or so should do
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Jon London » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Barry was our best player. The only one drawing fouls and passing to a player in blue and not miss controlling the ball. Johnson was very good too and looked the main threat for the last twenty minutes.

The biggest disappointment was Bellers - just not the same since Hughes left. Zabellata was rubbish too and how we missed Micah just for a foraging run to get the crowd going.

Still in our hands for 4th and as they say "you sometimes learn more from a defeat than when you win"
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:24 pm

They were all shit that's my rating!!!!
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Given- 5 Not really much he could do for the goals. Miscomunication with his defence a few times and should have come out quicker

Zabaleta- 4 - Gave away stupid free kicks and broke our momentum, time and time again. Stupid.

Boyata 5 - Did well in parts, got sloppy in others.

Toure 5 Not a goo performance as a Captain. He needs to organise and drive the team on in games like this but he didn't. HE doesnt have the fight or passion I want to see in a captain.

Bridge-6 Thought he had a solid game back and broke well to nearly score at the end of the 1st half. Good to have him back.

Schlong- 4 Seemed caught away from the play too often. Hull played around him - he was sussed out by Brown.

Ireland- 3 Really poor. though he is being played out of position. Was barely ever on the right in the first half. Poor and lazy passing.

Barry-3 Slow, poor passing, pushed off to ball too often. No fight.

Tevez 5 Never got a chance to get into the game.

Ade 5 Scored but a lazy performance. Poor control? Off side far too much. Look along the line for fuck sake? How hard is it?

Bellamy 4 Nothing worked for him. Shouldn't have gone off for Vieira though.

Subs

Vieira 5 Adds class and experience in the midfield. Should have started in place on Barry and should have come on for Barry.

Johnson 6 - Really impressed. Dangerous delivery. Looked direct and eager to affect the game.

Petrov - Not enough time to rate.

Mancin- 2 - Appallingly negative and unbalanced tactics. A squad with our players shouldnt be lining up like this against a team like Hull. We let them come at us, stretch us and play the game at their tempo.
If this is how Mancini is going to play in the Premiership, then it isnt going to work out. This isn't Serie A Roberto.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:28 pm

How can you analyze the garbage that was on the field today?
I mean, the only part of the game that was even watchable was the
first twenty minutes of the second period!!
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Redna wrote:Subs Viera-2 He's fat , he's clumpsy and a total waste of money. If a hasbeen needs a face. Use his.

Vieira's fat ?! Think your widescreen must've reverted to normal and scrunched the picture up
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby bergomi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:48 pm

Watched the game.

1st half: A very bad show. An absent midfield, the attack cut-off from the remaining team which was forced to play in defense practically all the time. No creativity, not one single good pass and very slow moving in the midfield.

2nd half: Until the changes for Ireland and Bellamy practically the same - then a big improvement. Finally the midfield positioned itself and started connecting the team in one big moving entity. Finally then came the dangerous actions, still not as good as expected, but a big improvement nonetheless.

I think the main problem in City is the midfield. No ideas, slow, rarely any off the ball movement, practically no running into space, no direct passes, just predictable.

Given-5- Nothing special, some mistakes and insecurities.
Zabaleta-5,5- Just not what you'd expect from a left-back. Some mistakes... less talking and more running
Boyata-6- Despite some childish mistakes, did a very good job, some really good interventions and passionate.
Kolo-5,5- Disappointment since he's the captain. He did his little job, but did nothing to lift the squad up.
Bridge-5,5- Did his little job, some mistakes and nevery really pushed up, never tried to really press or go attacking their side.
De Jong-5- A ghost. Anybody seen him? I'm disappointed since I thought he was your best one in the midfield.
Ireland-5- Poltergeist. I thought he was overrated, now I am sure. Practically useless.
Barry-6- Despite not liking his style he was the only one in the midfield package that ran, battled, broke actions of the opposition and he at least tried to create something - others didn't do even their job.
Tevez-5,5- Today didn't get his chances since the whole attack was cut off. Maybe a little too static.
Adebayor-6- A goal, battled, tried something, ran all over the attack. He wasn't dangerous and didn't get any good balls, but at least he showed some desire to score.
Bellamy-5,5- Absent, cut off on the left side of the midfield, too low to be dangerous and at the same time useless in midfield because he doesn't have the abilities for a midfielder and because of this the team suffers.

Subs
Viera-6 - Good and despite his slowness he connected the game, stopped other playing frenetically with offering himself as an option to be passed too and he finally was one able to construct the game, to deliver balls etc...
Johnson-6- Very impressed. This may be a veeeery good arrival, since he was more dangerous in 30 minutes then Ireland/Bellamy together in the whole game.
Petrov- no vote
bergomi
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Inter
My favourite player is: Wesley Sneijder

Postby Redna » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:54 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
Redna wrote:Subs Viera-2 He's fat , he's clumpsy and a total waste of money. If a hasbeen needs a face. Use his.

Vieira's fat ?! Think your widescreen must've reverted to normal and scrunched the picture up

You might have a point there as I'm having problem with my local network( I should be paying soon I know) but he's big and renders to fat, isn't he?
CTID!!
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't think anyone came out with any credit today. Any player would be lucky to score 5 in my opinion.

Bridge just booted the ball long every chance he got. Not actually sure he's better than Garrido.

Ireland, admittedly he wasn't in his favourite position, was rubbish yet again. He appears to be completely inflexible where it comes to playing in different positions.

All round disappointing. Although credit to Hull, they did play very well (by their standards) and earned the victory.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Given - 6 - Nothing he could do about the goals, kicking was ok, came out for a few crosses which is an improvement.

Zabaleta - 5 - Woeful. His vision must be impaired when going for tackles because he never seems to get the fucking ball.

Boyata - 5 - Really showed his inexperience in that first half. We were very lucky his mistakes didn't cost us more goals. Much better in the 2nd thou.

Toure - 6 - Thought he did well enough in a losing cause. Unlucky to have his header go right to Boateng who his a freakish volley. As a captain thou he could do better marshalling the troops. Babysitting Boyata did not help.

Bridge - 6 - Happy to see him back. Was at fault for the corner which led to the goal other than that decent enough on his comeback.

Ireland - 5 - One sublime ball to Bridge at the end of the 1st half is all I can remember Stevie doing well. He is not a right midfielder and this square peg/round hole bullshit is really hampering us.

De Jong - 4 - Oblivious for most of the game, a headless pit bull to Gelson Fernandes headless chicken. Why we play 2 defensive mids is beyond me against lesser teams. It starts us on the back foot from the word go and we seem to take forever to get a foot hole in the game.

Barry - 6 - Better than he was against Pompey but still far from his best. Did some nice things in and around their box but to be honest his play in midfield is very average.

Bellamy - 5 - Never was allowed to get in the game, some terrible passes should of been yanked at half time for Petrov or Johnson. Hope it was just a blip as he has been superb all year.

Tevez - 5 - First half was poor like the rest, slightly better in the second. Has gone off the boil since Ade has come back and even his workrate has been less.

Ade - 6.5 - I thought he did well, won a lot of flick ons and was the most dangerous of the attacking trio. Got a poachers goal, I just hope that partnership with Tevez can start too flourish and soon.

Johnson - 7 - Can't fault him. Some lovely crosses, was always dangerous and really put in. Good debut for the young lad.

Vieira - 6 - Decent enough thou a baffling sub by Mancini. Looked a little slow and behind the play but I'll put that down to match fitness.

Petrov - N/A - Not on long enough.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Return to The Maine Football forum