Touré For The First Goal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Touré For The First Goal

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:35 pm

I really wish he'd have attacked the ball rather than just sticking his arse out!

He's as brave as a kitten that lad!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Touré For The First Goal

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:38 pm

His best years are well behind him, if he was still top class,he would be playing for Arsenal.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:40 pm

How about Toure for the second goal too. Heading it straight down the middle into the D. I was always taught to head it back where it came from out for a throw in and not into the middle of the pitch directly in front of the goal.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:44 pm

I dont rate him at all in is time here.
His organisation of the back 4 and communication is poor. he's not brave or strong enough. He's guilty of sloppy passing and lapses in concentration far too often.
I thought Boyata Kompany looked far more solid and organised. If Kompany was fit i'd drop Toure in a heartbeat.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 pm

What did he cost us again?? £16million?? Wenger must be pissin himself laughing.. Manc needs to get on it in the summer.We need a whole new defence. A creative attacking central Midfielder would do well as well..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CitizenYank » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:45 pm

viking the Odd wrote:His best years are well behind him, if he was still top class,he would be playing for Arsenal.

In the US, we call these players, "high priced beef."
Never touch the clowns. Let the clowns touch you!
CitizenYank
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City, P Timbers

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:03 pm

How about Bellers coming out quicker and making a challenge rather than waggling his foot at it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:07 pm

For years he played for a team that spent most of the game attacking the opposition. He's always been protected by a better team. Now he has to do more defending and this is exposing the fact that..... well... he just isn't very good at it...... anyone who has watched Cote D'Ivoire in the past would have noticed he looked worse than when he played for Arsenal.

I still believe the biggest decision Hughes made was selling the captain (Dunne), replacing him with Toure, and just for good measure making Toure captain. It was a misjudgement by Hughes, and now Toure is club captain, which makes it very hard to drop him.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:10 pm

He was on a yellow, he had was marking Hasselink, what, was he meant to mark fucking Altidore aswell???

As for the 2nd goal it would not of even been for a corner if it werent for Bridge getting both outpaced and outmuscled by Fagan.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Make all the excuses for him you want. It won't change the fact that we have a centre-half who is scared of being hit by the ball.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 pm

King Kev wrote:Make all the excuses for him you want. It won't change the fact that we have a centre-half who is scared of being hit by the ball.

The same guy who was head and shoulders MoM in our last home game versus Pompey.Fickle is the right word for Football fans imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:33 pm

gillie wrote:
King Kev wrote:Make all the excuses for him you want. It won't change the fact that we have a centre-half who is scared of being hit by the ball.

The same guy who was head and shoulders MoM in our last home game versus Pompey.Fickle is the right word for Football fans imo.

So one good game means he can play shit from then on and a bad word cant be said about him??? He's beeen shite.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:34 pm

gillie wrote:

Just seen it again on FF.

The guy was clearly going to shoot, he should have had no other thought but to throw himself at the ball - it is his job afterall. Not berating him for it, but he could and really should have done better.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 pm

gillie wrote:

Yes he was the Man Of The Match v Portsmouth, I even voted for him myself. However I have been pretty consistent in my view of him from day 1. That fact that he had 1 good game against the worst team in the league doesn't change my opinion.

My understanding of 'fickle' is somebody who is not consistent in their opinions and keeps changing their mind? Not guilty your honour.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:37 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
gillie wrote:

Just seen it again on FF.

The guy was clearly going to shoot, he should have had no other thought but to throw himself at the ball - it is his job afterall. Not berating him for it, but he could and really should have done better.

All I was trying to say is that someone should have been on Altidore but yes maybe Toure should of thrown himself at the ball but as should have Bellamy and Ade for their second. As I said elsewhere we played like cowards.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:12 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:How about Bellers coming out quicker and making a challenge rather than waggling his foot at it.

i agree. for me that was more ridiculous because Bellers literally had to move OUT of the way of the shot for Boatard to get a clear shot on goal, and Bellers obliged! pissed me off so badly...he just needed to get a foot on it...and he should have.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 am

Yes, his attempted block for the first goal was not confident enough. He looked to me like he didn't really believe he could block the ball and just wanted to put the bloke off, which clearly was not what the situation required.

For the second, it is hard to get much height and distance on a defensive header if you are moving away from the ball, as Toure was. To get real power you need your momentum taking you towards the ball and Toure's was not. One thing he could have done is flick the ball backwards, over the heads of everyone in the box, and out for a throw-in on the oppostite side of the field from where the corner was taken. But I am sure an international defender who has won loads of pots and loads of caps is fully aware of this. It is hardly revolutionary stuff.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

King Kev wrote:
gillie wrote:

Yes he was the Man Of The Match v Portsmouth, I even voted for him myself. However I have been pretty consistent in my view of him from day 1. That fact that he had 1 good game against the worst team in the league doesn't change my opinion.

My understanding of 'fickle' is somebody who is not consistent in their opinions and keeps changing their mind? Not guilty your honour.

KK my point was that there always seems to be a need for blame but lets face it the whole team was woeful today.Yes he could have thrown himself at the ball but he did'nt and the systematic errors are and have been present all season we just need to cut out these errors and we are going to be a very hard team to beat.But imo our real flaw lies in midfield we have no one who can put thier foot on the ball and dictate a game.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:34 am

Just watched it on football First. When the ball is played into the bloke with the daft name, Altiore is being marked by Boyata. He makes a little circular reverse run, but Boyata watches the ball.The result is Altiore is free to score. Just down to the kids naivite.For the second, Boeteng will wait a long time to get that lucky again. just one of those things. So, the worry is not the defence, Hull barely made a chance, though clearly Mancini doesn't fancy Ned. There are three good defenders to come back and Boyata can resume learning the game. He is a great prospect. To me the worry is our attacking play. Ade and Tev played yet again like complete strangers and Ireland has lost his running power, mainly cos there is no space to run into. Tevez is always in it. Which is fine when he's on song. But today he was a poor man's Dickov if its possible to imagine.Lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Steve » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:40 am

I thought everyone was raving about Toure a few days ago? I personally think it takes over a season to learn of a defenders true ability, so I'm on the fence, but I'm sure I was reading totally the opposite last week
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum