Team for Bolton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Team for Bolton

Postby david yearsley » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Are Richards and Lescott available for Tues?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby play like we dream » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:01 pm

We have to win. Can't wait. A blue moon night. Tevez to strike again and again. Revenge is ours. Those who do not follow the City will be ashamed.
play like we dream
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: NDJ

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:10 pm

why are people slating veira? Commentator said he changed the game on saturday. Although IMO it was johnson that did that on the little bit i saw on a shitty stream in work.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby ronk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:56 pm

The Brazilian Genius wrote:----------------Given ----------------

Richards Toure Lescott Bridge

------------Vieira Barry ------------

SWP------------------------------Johnson

-------------Ade Tevez-------------

Although I believe this will be too much width for Bobby Manc.... expect NDJ, Barry & Vieira all to play!!!

That's what I'd pick. Possibly Petrov starting with Johnson coming off the bench. Other centre halves depending on the fitness situation.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sandman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 am

-----------Giv-----------
Zab---Tre---Ono---Bdg
------Vra-------Djg------
Jsn--------------------Pet
--------Ade---Tev-------

If we still struggle at the back then Kompany for Ade.
sandman

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 pm

ronk wrote:
The Brazilian Genius wrote:----------------Given ----------------

Richards Toure Lescott Bridge

------------Vieira Barry ------------

SWP------------------------------Johnson

-------------Ade Tevez-------------

Although I believe this will be too much width for Bobby Manc.... expect NDJ, Barry & Vieira all to play!!!

That's what I'd pick. Possibly Petrov starting with Johnson coming off the bench. Other centre halves depending on the fitness situation.

I THINK JOHNSON SHOULD START MATE-----FROM WHAT WE SAW OF HIM AGAINST HULL I THINK HE IS A STAR IN THE MAKING.

PETROV IS NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS HIM AND SHOULD START ON THE BENCH......AND IM STARTING TO GET A LITTLE BIAS AS WELL AS I DONT THINK MUCH OF PETROVS ATTITUDE....AND HE,S JUST AS LAZY AS ROBHINO WAS..PROBABLY MORE LAZY.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:59 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:There is no way Vieira can play in a 442.

That's what I fear. De Jong has done nothing to warrant being dropped but the two won't start together in many of the formations we can stick out.

City can choose from (according to the MuEN): Given, Taylor, Boyata, Lescott, Sylvinho, Bridge, Garrido, Onuoha, Richards, Toure, Zabaleta, A Johnson, Barry, Vieira, De Jong, Ireland, Kompany, Petrov, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Tevez.

[center]Given

Zabaleta Onuoha Toure Bridge

SWP Vieira Barry Johnson

Tevez Adebayor[/center]

I wanted to stick Ireland in a central role instead of Barry - but Mancini has hinted that he's making changes. This is the Team I think we will see - it's not mine.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Given

Zabaleta Toure Lescott Bridge

SWP Vieira Barry Johnson

Tevez Adebayor
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

I had Lescott in but Bobby now says he will be bench Tues or maybe even not until Saturday. Bellamy we now know is out. So Ned it is. Johnson has got to start. Apparently it is 'normal' that Boyata plays like a frightened deer 5 or 6 games in from his debut! Maybe it is.

Barry looked class in his short time at left back on Saturday and I remember he was very accomplished there for Villa, despite him not liking it. Is it too radical to suggest keeping him there if Vieira is fit? Especially seeing all the stick he on gets here in midfield.

Given
Zabba Toure Ned Barry
SWP Vieira DeJong/Ireland Johnson
Tevez Adebayor
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Bring Back 4.4.2! What am I missing , havent we just played that with Ade and Tevez and watch it fail?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:29 pm

john@staustell wrote: Apparently it is 'normal' that Boyata plays like a frightened deer 5 or 6 games in from his debut! Maybe it is.

fucking hell mate, that is ridiculously harsh.

He wasn't good the other day but he was no worse than a lot of his colleagues who have umpteen scores of games and years more under their belts than him.

He looks no more nervous than Nedum did at that stage for me, in fact probably less so considering he isn't getting the luxury of being "eased in" at right back like Onuoha and Micah both did
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:45 pm

ant london wrote:
john@staustell wrote: Apparently it is 'normal' that Boyata plays like a frightened deer 5 or 6 games in from his debut! Maybe it is.

fucking hell mate, that is ridiculously harsh.

He wasn't good the other day but he was no worse than a lot of his colleagues who have umpteen scores of games and years more under their belts than him.

He looks no more nervous than Nedum did at that stage for me, in fact probably less so considering he isn't getting the luxury of being "eased in" at right back like Onuoha and Micah both did

Just quoting Bobby mate, answering the SKY bloke's question (well I may have done the deer bit :) ).

But we have a terrible tendency as fans to make allowances - allowances for age, allowances for the fact he's a City academy player and allowances for the fact he's just started in the team (Boyata or anyone else).

At the end of the day this is the big league, playing with the big boys, no prisoners, big money, huge hopes and expectations. So forget all the allowances and look at the man in front of you. We need to win, and bigtime.

If we have players in the team that aren't top 4 good, right now not at some future point, we wont get it.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:06 pm

------------Shay-----------

Zaba--Nedum---Toure---Bridge

SWP---Vieira---NDJ-----AJ

--------RSC----Tevez-----

really i would like toure out of the side. Vinnie should be first chioce CB but obv injured.

RSC for Ade if fit.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:08 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:------------Shay-----------

Zaba--Nedum---Toure---Bridge

SWP---Vieira---NDJ-----AJ

--------RSC----Tevez-----

really i would like toure out of the side. Vinnie should be first chioce CB but obv injured.

RSC for Ade if fit.

I follow your thinking mate, except I might put in Barry for Bridge. But Ade has just got 2 in 2 and only Taggart would be potty enough to drop someone for that. Ade, then RSC in the second half.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm

i get yr point john, but even though he's got a couple of goals i have not been impressed with ade at all. maybe it has something to do with the ACN tragedy, but he was pretty gash for months before that.

RSC gives the team a lot more. hopefully he'll last more than five minutes this time.

would not have barry at LB, bridge is a good player imo.
The Man In Blue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:18 pm

I have a feeling that Toure is going to be cntre half when he is fit but personally I would prefer Lescott if fit plus Vinnie if fit and either of them with Toure if only 1 is fit.

Barry for left back scares me as he is so slow. Bridge is the man there. Not sure what role Mancini sees for Vieira either. We desperately need some real link from midfield to attack which is missing at the mo.Plus we have Tevez and Ade who seem to be struggling to hit it off.I still feel our best formation is 4.3.3 but Mancini doesnt seem to like it.

As for Boyata I saw plenty of posts praising him and righlty so to a point. He did ok for his lack of experience and youth but the praise did go a little too far and now we start to see the critcism going a bit too far the other way. I thik he will be at his best witrh a a strong attacking partner like Vinnie much more than a sweeper type quiet center back like Kolo.Good prospect and good cover but not quite ready yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Gary Cahill is out for the season with a blood clot to the arm. So at least we'll be safe from another one of his piledrivers!

Also means they have a very weak spot in the centre of defensive now. Let's hope we have the ambition to attack at home.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:31 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Let's hope we have the ambition to attack at home.

-------------Given----------------

Boyata Ned Toure Bridge

Zaba---NDJ--Barry---Vieira----Garrido

-------------Tevez------------------
The Man In Blue

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:34 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Let's hope we have the ambition to attack at home.

-------------Given----------------

Boyata Ned Toure Bridge

Zaba---NDJ--Barry---Vieira----Garrido

-------------Tevez------------------

Sweet suffering Jesus, I'd fucking SNAP if that team came out - can you imagine??!
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:37 pm

[center]Giv
Zab Tou Ono Bdg
Jsn Vra Djg Pet
Ade Tev[/center]
sandman

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum