Mancini's Assessment

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini's Assessment

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Is it me or is he too much of a nice guy to really motivate this team? bunch of overpaid twats
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:52 pm

StrikeAnywhere wrote:Is it me or is he too much of a nice guy to really motivate this team? bunch of overpaid twats

He didnt fuck about getting rid of Robinho whichever way the story is dressed up. I do like the decisiveness with which that decision appears to have been made.

As I have made a couple of posts on the subject tonight, it has crossed my mind that Mancini is having some of the same apparent motivational issues that Hughes did which makes me wonder about the players. Today's performance made me think back to that first half against Burnley, where even the most mild mannered sat around me were going fucking mad about the "overpaid wankers" stealing a living.

Only time will tell.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 am

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Oh dear! If he thinks that was playing very well then we have serious serious problems.

It seems to have escaped him, that based solely on the second half, it would still have been a 1-1 draw.

For a top 4 team, these are the games you absolutely have to win, draws are not good enough - so sorry Bobby, I think you are completely wrong.
Chelsea only got a draw there, I reckon they will finish in the top 4.

It's a very fair point and one which is often overlooked. Chelsea scraped a point. And in all our analyses - throughout football - we never make allowances for the fact there is another team on the pitch trying their best to win at home. Bad day - they had 2 goals from chances which they will miss next time. Tevez and Ade left their shooting boots at home in the last 10 minutes when both had easy chances. That's the way football is.

Johnson clearly needs to be on the field though, not the bench. That boy will cause havoc at home.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:44 pm

Why didn't he come out and say it was his fault, why does he not take responsibility.....

Sorry, but these questions were being asked about the last fella.
Original Dub

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:Why didn't he come out and say it was his fault, why does he not take responsibility.....

And the fella before him and the fella before him, and the fella before him, etc etc

What's with the fixation on hughes with some City fans??
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:02 pm

john@staustell wrote:
King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Oh dear! If he thinks that was playing very well then we have serious serious problems.

It seems to have escaped him, that based solely on the second half, it would still have been a 1-1 draw.

For a top 4 team, these are the games you absolutely have to win, draws are not good enough - so sorry Bobby, I think you are completely wrong.
Chelsea only got a draw there, I reckon they will finish in the top 4.

It's a very fair point and one which is often overlooked. Chelsea scraped a point. And in all our analyses - throughout football - we never make allowances for the fact there is another team on the pitch trying their best to win at home. Bad day - they had 2 goals from chances which they will miss next time. Tevez and Ade left their shooting boots at home in the last 10 minutes when both had easy chances. That's the way football is.

Johnson clearly needs to be on the field though, not the bench. That boy will cause havoc at home.

Just like Chelsea scraped a draw in the last minutes. City were trying for that draw and we had a couple of chances.
We don't make it easy for ourselves though being overrun in midfield and I can only think that Mancini is still not happy with the midfield. We are losing in midfield. We will always make chances , even if Teves blasts a few of them wide, or Bellamy fluffs them, but we seem to be losing or giving up too much in midfield and I don't think the duo of Barry and De Jong is working. So , I would remove Barry, he simply is not playing well at all, he offers nothing going forward and is very slow.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:11 pm

King Kev wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Why didn't he come out and say it was his fault, why does he not take responsibility.....

And the fella before him and the fella before him, and the fella before him, etc etc

Comparisons will be drawn chief, he only left us recently. In much the same way that Hughes was compared to Sven, Mancini will be compared to Hughes. And it won't stop for at least a year, so you may have to learn to live with it I'm afraid.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:17 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Comparisons will be drawn chief, he only left us recently. In much the same way that Hughes was compared to Sven, Mancini will be compared to Hughes. And it won't stop for at least a year, so you may have to learn to live with it I'm afraid.

Aye that's it. When Hughes came in, we drew comparrisons to Sven.

That's all.
Original Dub

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Pissed off, i said we'd lost at hull. So should have stuck a few hundred on it!!

I'll say it again, the only football Ive seen was 45 mins against wolves. The results masked the performances and the honeymoon was over way before hull. Nobody remember the everton away game??? how shite are we away!!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby pepsi_dave » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Nick wrote:Pissed off, i said we'd lost at hull. So should have stuck a few hundred on it!!

I'll say it again, the only football Ive seen was 45 mins against wolves. The results masked the performances and the honeymoon was over way before hull. Nobody remember the everton away game??? how shite are we away!!

I seem to recall that Everton totally played us of the park, and because they were Bloody Brilliant, not because we were poor!!!!
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:
Nick wrote:Pissed off, i said we'd lost at hull. So should have stuck a few hundred on it!!

I seem to recall that Everton totally played us of the park, and because they were Bloody Brilliant, not because we were poor!!!!

Hull and Portsmouth played us off the park as well. Are these bottom of the table teams all playing brilliantly against us, or is it us playing so poorly we're making bad teams look much better than they are?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
pepsi_dave wrote:

Hull and Portsmouth played us off the park as well. Are these bottom of the table teams all playing brilliantly against us, or is it us playing so poorly we're making bad teams look much better than they are?

Don't think Hull were particularly great, we were just very poor. Disagree about Portsmouth, although we didn't play that well it was still a comfortable win. Everton did play well, though.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby crossan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 am

Give the guy a break,the majority of the players are not his,Vieria and Johnson have only been here 5 minutes,we have to be patient,we have a tough game against Bolton tomorrow and yes we need to win but we also have the FA Cup game against Stoke so we still have to targets to aim at,give Mancini a little big more time for crying out loud.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Scatman » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 am

crossan wrote:Give the guy a break,the majority of the players are not his,Vieria and Johnson have only been here 5 minutes,we have to be patient,we have a tough game against Bolton tomorrow and yes we need to win but we also have the FA Cup game against Stoke so we still have to targets to aim at,give Mancini a little big more time for crying out loud.

Did someone once say that about Hughes? Will we be saying the same about the next one when Macini gets sacked in the summer?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:52 am

The Hughes reflections are wholly relevent to the debate.
The whole point in sacking Hughes was that he was considered clueless and unable to push this sqUAd on to the top in the time THIS SEASON.
Mancini was brought in to do the job NOW.
In that respect there has been little or no change.

Whilst I have always argued that any manager should have time, the fact is that Mancini has NOT got time, he was brought in to ensure a top 4 place THIS SEASON...a job that Hughes was considered not good enough to do.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:06 pm

crossan wrote:Give the guy a break,the majority of the players are not his,Vieria and Johnson have only been here 5 minutes,we have to be patient,we have a tough game against Bolton tomorrow and yes we need to win but we also have the FA Cup game against Stoke so we still have to targets to aim at,give Mancini a little big more time for crying out loud.

No mate I'm sorry but we don't have to be patient. We used to pretend we were being patient but it was lies & Mancini was appointed to bring the neccessary improvement between us being in the position we are now & in the top 4. I'd rather keep him & let him build a team provided this Pearce shite stops but it's irrelevant because he's here for instant success. How can they sack Hughes for not quite being on target then Keep Mancini if he misses it?

There's another reason he needs instant improvement. As Cook has already told us they line up potential managers as a matter of course, clearly they're doing that now. If one of them is Mourinho, a point may soon come where he wants a commitment. If we're not performing at that time, we may do the same we did with Sven & Hughes once again; effectively sack the manager whilst leaving him in charge.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Given, Richards, Onuoha, Bridge, SWP, Ireland, Barry, De Jong, Ireland, Tevez and Adebayor would walk straight in to any Premiership squad. I really don't think Mancini needs to bring in 14 players to ensure we're competing for Top 4. Our side is full of Internationals.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:23 pm

btajim wrote:

Given, Richards, Onuoha, Bridge, SWP, Ireland, Barry, De Jong, Ireland, Tevez and Adebayor would walk straight in to any Premiership squad. I really don't think Mancini needs to bring in 14 players to ensure we're competing for Top 4. Our side is full of Internationals.

Not ANY squad mate. We need a championship-winning squad, not a Premier squad. Given, Barry, Tevez and maybe Adebayor and DeJong would go to top 4 teams of those you name. Richards maybe one day, Ireland (twice!), Onuoha, Bridge and SWP (tried that)no. Not the Ireland of this season anyway.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby viking the Odd » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:33 pm

This is a easy one, he was brought in to take us to top 4,and champions league football, if he fails,and he will,he will be sacked,and the next manager will be brought in at the end of the season.
He was not backed in the transfer window,he has to do it with the players others have brought in before, Mr Mancinni is on a hiding to nothing. I still wish him the best of luck,but he will be booed shortly, and his demise will shorely begin.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Ferguson, Wenger & Mourinho. 3 of the best managers in the world. Do they ever admit it was their fault they lost? Do they fuck. Whoever said that needs to think about it.
Mancini needs to stop fucking about. thats what he's doing. Experimenting. Well its not the time to do it. do that preseason.
Roberto - we need a left back at leftback
we need a rightback at rightback
we need a right winger on the right wing
we need a left winger on the left wing
we need 2 central midfielders.

Ireland is a CM, not a right winger. SWP is the right winger
Barry is a CM, not a left winger. Johnson or Petrov are our left wingers.
Zabaleta is only cover for CM, his best position is RB

iT IS CLEAR AS FUCKING DAY TO SEE WHERE OUR PROBLEM LIES. BALANCE.

Playing Ireland on RW leaves RW unmanned, as he drifts inside. he needs to put the right people in the right places and we'll be fine.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum