Our Mentality

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Our Mentality

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Away from home has got to change, it is no suprise that we have been shite under 3 different managers now on the road. The one thing that has impressed me about Mancini tho was what he said today "our mentality away from home has to change or we won't get in the top 4". It's spot on, we always want the game to be a nice stroll in the park where we dominate and don't have to put the effort in.

Untill we can put a string of results together on the road we will achieve nothing. Look at Villa and Spurs they continue to get good results and this is now starting to give them an advantage on us, any result we get at home will always be cancelled out by a poor away one.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Our Mentality

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:06 pm

We have always been the same since we came into the Prem.

Soft touch away from home.

Until we break this mould we are not going to finish Top 4 and that includes this season.

Stoke will be rubbing their hands!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:09 pm

The thing is, when we go on the attack, we look dangerous all the time. However, we didn't start attacking today until the 40th minute and allowed Hull to take control of the game early on.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:15 pm

could not agree more..

in the first half today we were in the same form as everton.
i voted boyata motm for his late run in the firsthalf, seemed to me to be the catalyst to us waking up a bit. and was brave of him to that after being caught out earlier.

the commentator on the US stem i was watching said he thought that city showed no respect to Hull and tbh i think he is probs bang on the money.

We look seriously dangerous at times and rightly so with that line up of players, but you have to command space on the pitch to play the way you want to, and to command that space means you have to earn it, from the off.. in each and every game. We seem to not to like to have to do that..

pre-maddonas?
prima donnas?
lazy?
not set up right?
just not taking the oppo seriously enough?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby viking the Odd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:20 pm

We have the confidence of a hedgehog crossing the M52.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:12 pm

If the mentality was not right today why did Mancini wait to make changes? Vieira could have come on first half. Why did Johnson play on the right, he should have been on the left.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:17 pm

I know we have had this debate before, notably last season.

But when there is grass on the pitch, and as Bobby says, it is rectangular and has lines in all the right places, why does a professional footballer's attitude change. Add to that, why does a Manchester City footballer's attitude change more than most.

Away from city for a moment - its almost universally accepted that you have a better home record than away - WHY - They dont gas the cunts in the dressing room, so why do away teams often start out like they have been on fucking mogodon?

I know there are variables, such as not rolling the pitch today after the rugby 5/6 days ago, but we should be strong enough, and certainly have talent enough to get over this.

I just dont get it, I really dont. I know its a different level, but I used to love playing away, because there was a big fucking puddle on the wing on our home pitch and as a winger, I invariably played shit one half of the match. I also went to away games where supporters would trip me up running down the wing, but I just ran half a yard further away from them. Apparently a bit of singing gets on the players back enough to turn out shit does it - fucking bollocks.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Bojinov's left foot wrote:If the mentality was not right today why did Mancini wait to make changes? Vieira could have come on first half. Why did Johnson play on the right, he should have been on the left.

This is something that i can't understand with Mancio why does he play left wingers on the fuckin right wing all the time.It just baffles the fuck out of me!.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:45 pm

gillie wrote:
Bojinov's left foot wrote:If the mentality was not right today why did Mancini wait to make changes? Vieira could have come on first half. Why did Johnson play on the right, he should have been on the left.

This is something that i can't understand with Mancio why does he play left wingers on the fuckin right wing all the time.It just baffles the fuck out of me!.

Agreed it is a mind boggling tactic. Ok every now and then to catch teams on the fly its fine but its becoming really annoying when a player like Sweep is sat on the bench itching to get involved!
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:50 pm

-----------------------Given
Richards----Kompany-----Lescott--------Bridge

SWP--------Ireland-------De Jong------A Johnson

-------------Tevez-------Adebayor----------------

Easy this management lark.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Too much money.... i have thought it all season, when things was getting bad with hughes i didnt belive it was hughes fault. I thought it was because we have paid stupid amounts of money to the players and they have no hunger , they have no motivation. Yes they play brilliant football when the team they play allow them to play brilliant football. When a team like stoke think their going to give us a game. These rich footballers think oh this is too much hard work, ive got a cars to buy later i dont want to bruise my leg. You can see it in their play.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:24 pm

StrikeAnywhere wrote:
gillie wrote:

Agreed it is a mind boggling tactic. Ok every now and then to catch teams on the fly its fine but its becoming really annoying when a player like Sweep is sat on the bench itching to get involved!

Johnson can play on both flanks though.

The way we approach some away games is that we have 'already made it' and we expect teams to roll over like they do against rags etc. When they don't and raise their game and get in our faces we can't deal with it. Hull had us on the back foot for the majority of the first half and those are words I would never thought I would had to type.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:29 pm

bluej wrote:
StrikeAnywhere wrote:
gillie wrote:

Johnson can play on both flanks though.

The way we approach some away games is that we have 'already made it' and we expect teams to roll over like they do against rags etc. When they don't and raise their game and get in our faces we can't deal with it. Hull had us on the back foot for the majority of the first half and those are words I would never thought I would had to type.

You thought you would never have to type when?

This season
Last season

Although we didnt lose under Hughes, we went behind in most games before waking up to scrape a draw. Its embarrassing.

I reckon most of the bottom half of the table in their predictions have 3 points pencilled in against us, and are disappointed if they only get a draw.

I dont like the phrase "hard to beat" as it infers that you are actually fucking horrible to watch like Bolton, but in Hughes' case, we were hard to beat away, and as frustrating as it is that we didnt win some of those games, it is the first step to going on to winning those games. We are now seemingly not so "hard to beat"
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Return to The Maine Football forum