Official Hughes v Mancini thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Official Hughes v Mancini thread

Postby Blue2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:51 pm

Hughes is a rag twat, Mancini isn't
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Kyle wrote:This is an interesting phenomenon. If Hughes were in charge after todays game, there would be so much more of shit storm on here. I think they are very similar managerial wise, if anyone is the better manager in my opinion it is Hughes.

Keeping - Hughes

Shay is still the same as he was under Hughes, but Hughes gets the nod because he signed him.

Defence - Exactly the same.

Still complete shit. I think Hughes was more apt to put out a consistant pairing making it possible for form in the long run, with Mancini it is still up in the air what the future of our defence holds.

Attack - Hughes

I hate the way Mancini instructs the wide players to tuck in. It drives me absolutly mad and many of our goals from under hughes came from our width.

Signings - Hughes

Although this is less of a factor due to amounts of windows and board genorosity, in my opinion a Kaka or Terry fiasco is more understandable then a Gago fiasco.

Tatics - Even

I would give the nod to Hughes solely on consistancy, but it is even because I like the way Mancini gives more of an opportunity to the younger players then Hughes did. What drives me mad is although hughes seemed stubborn tatically, he seemed to know the posistions that players should be in better then Mancini. Petrov should never slot in on the right, and Ireland is not a wide player.

I think that this board has been a better place since hughes left because the hughes out brigade has finally shut up and allowed some peace. To say that we are in a better posistion then we are in under Hughes is just completly foolish. I think that the people who didn't like hughes didn't like him because of how he was as a manager but just because he played for the rags. The amount of conflict came from people not being able to look past that, not where we were going or the belief in continuity (which is a proven fact with resources and a half way decent manager). So overall, people who like to bitch will always bitch and hughes never really had a chance from day one.

Hughes would have had a compelte shit storm, because we would have seen 18 months of this shit.

Mancini is still on his honeymoon, and some people have raised some pretty difficult questions about his methods, whilst others have straight out said they are fucked off with it. He has to improve on today, a month from now, and our season should be pretty much decided, see what people think of him then????

And as for Hughes playing for the rags, play a different tune mate. There were perhaps 1/2% who were after Hughes cos he was a rag. Most didnt like him because his results were fucking crap. If Mancini's continue to be as bad as they have this last month, he will get the same
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:58 pm

We can't seem to win, can we? Under Hughes we were very aggressive in our approach whilst under Mancio, we play 10 at the back and have to move out like a Formation Swimming Team!

I'm wondering if Mancio has been set an agenda of sorting the leaks out rather than play his own game; over-compensating in a way?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Kyle » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:00 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Kyle wrote:This is an interesting phenomenon. If Hughes were in charge after todays game, there would be so much more of shit storm on here. I think they are very similar managerial wise, if anyone is the better manager in my opinion it is Hughes.

Keeping - Hughes

Shay is still the same as he was under Hughes, but Hughes gets the nod because he signed him.

Still complete shit. I think Hughes was more apt to put out a consistant pairing making it possible for form in the long run, with Mancini it is still up in the air what the future of our defence holds.

Attack - Hughes

I hate the way Mancini instructs the wide players to tuck in. It drives me absolutly mad and many of our goals from under hughes came from our width.

Signings - Hughes

Although this is less of a factor due to amounts of windows and board genorosity, in my opinion a Kaka or Terry fiasco is more understandable then a Gago fiasco.

Tatics - Even

I would give the nod to Hughes solely on consistancy, but it is even because I like the way Mancini gives more of an opportunity to the younger players then Hughes did. What drives me mad is although hughes seemed stubborn tatically, he seemed to know the posistions that players should be in better then Mancini. Petrov should never slot in on the right, and Ireland is not a wide player.

I think that this board has been a better place since hughes left because the hughes out brigade has finally shut up and allowed some peace. To say that we are in a better posistion then we are in under Hughes is just completly foolish. I think that the people who didn't like hughes didn't like him because of how he was as a manager but just because he played for the rags. The amount of conflict came from people not being able to look past that, not where we were going or the belief in continuity (which is a proven fact with resources and a half way decent manager). So overall, people who like to bitch will always bitch and hughes never really had a chance from day one.

Hughes would have had a compelte shit storm, because we would have seen 18 months of this shit.

Mancini is still on his honeymoon, and some people have raised some pretty difficult questions about his methods, whilst others have straight out said they are fucked off with it. He has to improve on today, a month from now, and our season should be pretty much decided, see what people think of him then????

And as for Hughes playing for the rags, play a different tune mate. There were perhaps 1/2% who were after Hughes cos he was a rag. Most didnt like him because his results were fucking crap. If Mancini's continue to be as bad as they have this last month, he will get the same

Mancini has lost just as many games as Hughes has. Hughes beat Arsenal, Chelsea, and drew to liverpool away. Mancini beat scum at home, and had no other victories against good opponents while losing to Everton and Hull fucking city. I understand fully your point and we will see down the road, but if Hughes was still in charge we would be no worse off then under mancini. But like you said, only time will tell and I fully understand that.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 am

Kyle wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Keeping - Hughes

Attack - Hughes

Signings - Hughes

Tatics - Even

Mancini has lost just as many games as Hughes has. Hughes beat Arsenal, Chelsea, and drew to liverpool away. Mancini beat scum at home, and had no other victories against good opponents while losing to Everton and Hull fucking city. I understand fully your point and we will see down the road, but if Hughes was still in charge we would be no worse off then under mancini. But like you said, only time will tell and I fully understand that.

I 100% agree, I dont think we would be any worse off had we kept Hughes, but on the other hand I can see why the club felt it necessary to make a change, it may not pay off but I can see why they may have felt there was no harm in trying.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:24 am

He has to finish 4th. full stop. he stated it and the club implied it by sacking hughes.

Tall order given recent performances!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:48 am

How long is it since Sparky was sacked and Mancio appointed? and with it peace broke out on this board?

And yet, already, we have a thread comparing the two, threatening to open up the wounds again ......... and, somewhat absurdly, throwing Mourinho's name into the mix.

We lost a game - get over it.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:53 am

Kladze wrote:How long is it since Sparky was sacked and Mancio appointed? and with it peace broke out on this board?

And yet, already, we have a thread comparing the two, threatening to open up the wounds again ......... and, somewhat absurdly, throwing Mourinho's name into the mix.

Aside from that, do you think he has done well?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:59 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Kladze wrote:How long is it since Sparky was sacked and Mancio appointed? and with it peace broke out on this board?

I think it's way to early to judge.
Players becoming accustomed to new training techniques and tactics; Injuries playing a part; and, maybe, a manager still acquainting himself with the exact nature of premier league football.

Give it until end of March and we'll have a much clearer idea imo.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 am

He's got until the Bolton game!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:06 am

Kladze wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I think it's way to early to judge.
Players becoming accustomed to new training techniques and tactics; Injuries playing a part; and, maybe, a manager still acquainting himself with the exact nature of premier league football.

Give it until end of March and we'll have a much clearer idea imo.

End of March - no 6th March, 1 month from today and we will have played Liverpool and Spuds at home. I think that is the time when he earns his money as we should know where we are going.

Hopefully, 2 wins against them, and a decent performance against stoke (assuming we beat Bolton) and we will be on the riogth track.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:32 am

i think, basically, any fuckwit could have this squad where we're sitting today in the table.

tin hat on.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:i think, basically, any fuckwit could have this squad where we're sitting today in the table.

tin hat on.

cheers

Who is the one who will move it forward then? Mancini or a.n.other?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby SORTED » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:14 am

Compare Hughes to Jose post summer as I have a feeling Mancini is merely a stop gap. My money is on Mourinho coming in.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:19 am

SORTED wrote:Compare Hughes to Jose post summer as I have a feeling Mancini is merely a stop gap. My money is on Mourinho coming in.

I can only see that happening

I will be gutted if it doesnt
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Kyle » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:31 am

SORTED wrote:Compare Hughes to Jose post summer as I have a feeling Mancini is merely a stop gap. My money is on Mourinho coming in.

That would be shitty for mancini though, two jobs, two times overtaken by mourinho. I am not a big Mourinho fan, no one can argue with results but it would definetly take me a long while to get used to his personality.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:48 am

You can't just take over a club & have them playing your way instantly. If you can it's more luck than planning. The better the players the easier it is but people were fucking stupid re Hughes & some around the net have been fucking stupid re Mancini both from a positive & negative angle. People talking about the 'huge improvements' v Wolves= fucking nonsense. Some are calling him a clown now.

It makes me fucking sick to read the bullshit that people put out about this kind of thing though; Mancini naive, Hughes naive, they've forgotten more about football whilst having a shit than any of you lot or me will ever know.

Hughes had learned the players better than Mancini because he was with them longer. He tried them in different positions, tried to sign players to improve things & moved others on. Then got sacked about 20% through the plan. Now Mancini has to do it to fit his master plan around Hughes' players as Hughes did with his inferior starting point from Sven's shower & Mancini will probably get dumped if he understandably struggles. Or alternatively he may not be good enough but how the fuck do we know for sure?

I've had 40 odd years of this fucking shit & some have had worse. Tactical experts on here who know exactly what's needed? Kiss my fucking arse.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby halnone » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:55 am

it's way too early to start comparing Hughes and Mancini. At the end of the season we can all see how things went
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You can't just take over a club & have them playing your way instantly. If you can it's more luck than planning. The better the players the easier it is but people were fucking stupid re Hughes & some around the net have been fucking stupid re Mancini both from a positive & negative angle. People talking about the 'huge improvements' v Wolves= fucking nonsense. Some are calling him a clown now.

It makes me fucking sick to read the bullshit that people put out about this kind of thing though; Mancini naive, Hughes naive, they've forgotten more about football whilst having a shit than any of you lot or me will ever know.

Hughes had learned the players better than Mancini because he was with them longer. He tried them in different positions, tried to sign players to improve things & moved others on. Then got sacked about 20% through the plan. Now Mancini has to do it to fit his master plan around Hughes' players as Hughes did with his inferior starting point from Sven's shower & Mancini will probably get dumped if he understandably struggles. Or alternatively he may not be good enough but how the fuck do we know for sure?

I've had 40 odd years of this fucking shit & some have had worse. Tactical experts on here who know exactly what's needed? Kiss my fucking arse.

i agree with that well-deserved emotional rant. Do you agree with my position tho that say a Sam Allardyce or Neil Warnock or Alan Curbishley, etc would have us in about the same league position that Hughes or Mancini has had us in?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:32 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You can't just take over a club & have them playing your way instantly. If you can it's more luck than planning. The better the players the easier it is but people were fucking stupid re Hughes & some around the net have been fucking stupid re Mancini both from a positive & negative angle. People talking about the 'huge improvements' v Wolves= fucking nonsense. Some are calling him a clown now.

I agree. I cant believe we have a Mancini v Hughes thread going on! Yes we played like shit today. Okay. We all know Mancini has a lot of work to do. I'm sure he does as well.

Anyone even contemplating the idea of replacing Mancini after 5 weeks is out of their fucking minds! If we keep sacking managers every 12, or even 6 months, it doesnt matter how much money we spend or how many superstars we buy, no manager will ever win anything! No matter who he is.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum