Robinho 'Doesn't Turn Up' For Away Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho 'Doesn't Turn Up' For Away Games

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:36 am

Robbie wanted to go, its no-one else's fault but his own that he is gone - get over it.

Whilst we're on the subject of living in the past, hughes probably would have got a draw yesterday.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 am

Robinho was often singled out unfairly but was also often the worst player on the pitch in away games & turned in pathetic displays. One or two outstanding displays in key games during a season would have silenced that but he failed to produce any. Tbf to the rest of the players it's not often they play that badly, particularly Bellamy. We'd only lost 1 before Spurs.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 am

Steve wrote:Thankyou for this. I thought I was fighting this battle alone off this board the last 3 months. A relief to know I'm not the only one.

Trust me mate you wasn't alone with this.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Socrates » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:26 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
StrikeAnywhere wrote:these lesser teams.

this is probably the mentality that fucks us up.

since when did we have the right to just turn up and win?

Precisely. Even if we get to the point where the squad really is as good as we like to think it is now these aren't games you can take for granted. Chelsea only just squeaked a draw there, it isn't such an easy place to go. We couldn't even beat them at home a few months ago so why we think we have the Sky-fairy given right to muller them away from home I have no idea? Look back through the record books, teams that finish 4th lose against teams like Hull all the time.

They are not a "lesser" team they are a Premiership team, every season there are 18, 19 or even 20 teams in the Prem that nobody can say for sure they can beat on a given day. Nobody. The judgement has to be how do you bounce back from these setbacks! Because they will always happen. It's only when you get a sequence of bad results that you need to start asking questions. As happened when Keegan and Hughes went on their long runs of mostly draws. Some of the hysteria I'm reading on the board this morning is ludicrous.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Socrates wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:
StrikeAnywhere wrote:these lesser teams.

this is probably the mentality that fucks us up.

since when did we have the right to just turn up and win?

Precisely. Even if we get to the point where the squad really is as good as we like to think it is now these aren't games you can take for granted. Chelsea only just squeaked a draw there, it isn't such an easy place to go. We couldn't even beat them at home a few months ago so why we think we have the Sky-fairy given right to muller them away from home I have no idea? Look back through the record books, teams that finish 4th lose against teams like Hull all the time.

They are not a "lesser" team they are a Premiership team, every season there are 18, 19 or even 20 teams in the Prem that nobody can say for sure they can beat on a given day. Nobody. The judgement has to be how do you bounce back from these setbacks! Because they will always happen. It's only when you get a sequence of bad results that you need to start asking questions. As happened when Keegan and Hughes went on their long runs of mostly draws. Some of the hysteria I'm reading on the board this morning is ludicrous.

You're talking like someone who didn't actually see the performance. The last 2 games have been two of our worst performances for a long long long time. It's that which worrys me not particularly the result because as you say it; happens (they got a draw with a dodgy last min pen at COMS without having a shot in the match). We need to put in a decent performance & quickly though or the season will be gone. Stoke will be licking their lips at the prospect of playing us twice in 4 days after watching this & we really need to build some confidence v Bolton before they get stuck into us because we need to beat them twice.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Well Robinho went missing yesterday. So it has to be his fault that we lost.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Vhero wrote:
Steve wrote:Thankyou for this. I thought I was fighting this battle alone off this board the last 3 months. A relief to know I'm not the only one.

Ah hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You're fucking hilarious.

God bless you for defending Robinho and fighting his cause. But that's what you do with our best players isn't Vhero?

Robinho was the worst player on the pitch on almost every away day and that's why he got singled out. There is no conspiracy here. World class footballers make journos shut the fuck up by being glaringly brilliant on the pitch.

Name one world class player that got hounded out of England by the press when their performances were actually fantastic? It doesn't happen. Robinho gave them all the fuel they needed.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

God bless you for defending Robinho and fighting his cause. But that's what you do with our best players isn't Vhero?

Robinho was the worst player on the pitch on almost every away day and that's why he got singled out. There is no conspiracy here. World class footballers make journos shut the fuck up by being glaringly brilliant on the pitch.

Name one world class player that got hounded out of England by the press when their performances were actually fantastic? It doesn't happen. Robinho gave them all the fuel they needed.

Your fucking quality mate I said he wasn't alone as I thought he was as bad at home as he was away but yet again you take my shit out of context and twist it to get your result so well done. Does that make you feel better? You really are an idiot you see me with an avatar and sig of a player and think I think he plays well because of it your fucking deluded mate. I did it because he was our biggest name nothing more but your an ass and see what you want to see and make up this shit in that head of yours. It must be a lovely place to live in there eh? Robson was bad I do not disagree but he wasn't the only one on away days he was singled out by journos because of his price most of the time and if you think any different well I guess that's opinion but I think its deluded. Journos wanted him to fail from the day we signed him as we broke the transfer record to sign him and we don't wear fucking red mate there hatred is unreal so unless he plays like a fucking god he was gonna get slated every fucking week. The worst thing is when people like yourself a so called fan never gave him a fucking chance even though he was our highest goal scorer last year. You just wank over Ireland all the time who lets be fair was getting comments like "ill drive him to the training ground myself" the season before Robbie signed. Sorry but as much as I want a player to succeed, especially a home grown I am not gonna start wanking over a player after 1 good season. Hughes that mistake with Santa Cruz and look where that fucking ended up.

So before you bring up my love for Robinho one more time how about you take a tall glass of STFU and get real as I don't think he is our best player by far. Nor is he my favourite of the present nor of all time.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Your fucking quality mate I said he wasn't alone as I thought he was as bad at home as he was away but yet again you take my shit out of context and twist it to get your result so well done. Does that make you feel better? You really are an idiot you see me with an avatar and sig of a player and think I think he plays well because of it your fucking deluded mate. I did it because he was our biggest name nothing more but your an ass and see what you want to see and make up this shit in that head of yours. It must be a lovely place to live in there eh? Robson was bad I do not disagree but he wasn't the only one on away days he was singled out by journos because of his price most of the time and if you think any different well I guess that's opinion but I think its deluded. Journos wanted him to fail from the day we signed him as we broke the transfer record to sign him and we don't wear fucking red mate there hatred is unreal so unless he plays like a fucking god he was gonna get slated every fucking week. The worst thing is when people like yourself a so called fan never gave him a fucking chance even though he was our highest goal scorer last year. You just wank over Ireland all the time who lets be fair was getting comments like "ill drive him to the training ground myself" the season before Robbie signed. Sorry but as much as I want a player to succeed, especially a home grown I am not gonna start wanking over a player after 1 good season. Hughes that mistake with Santa Cruz and look where that fucking ended up.

So before you bring up my love for Robinho one more time how about you take a tall glass of STFU and get real as I don't think he is our best player by far. Nor is he my favourite of the present nor of all time.

Hmmm.... more "wanking" going on about Ireland I see. I'll just let that one pass...

You say I never gave Robinho a chance? Don't be so fucking silly. "Our highest goal scorer from last season".... yet you won't defend our BEST PLAYER FROM LAST SEASON?

It makes no sense and it makes you a hypocrite. You slate those who criticise Robinho and in the same breath you revel in slating our player of the year.

Astonishing.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:32 pm

I slate his performance on the field this season nothing more if I find he deserves it as I would anybody as I have Robinho too but since Robinho hasn't played as much don't blame me. I don't revel Robinho at all like I tried saying time and time again. I had a sig and avatar of him which I explained why. I won't repeat myself again to you i'm not a fucking robot. Also I don't always post eveything I think on here about everybody I apologize for that next time I will make sure everybody gets the correct amount of criticism just to make you happy okay?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Hmmm.... more "wanking" going on about Ireland I see. I'll just let that one pass...

You say I never gave Robinho a chance? Don't be so fucking silly. "Our highest goal scorer from last season".... yet you won't defend our BEST PLAYER FROM LAST SEASON?

It makes no sense and it makes you a hypocrite. You slate those who criticise Robinho and in the same breath you revel in slating our player of the year.

Astonishing.

Your arguing is interrupting my wanking over Ireland.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 pm

Sorry about that Edge, I'll keep it down - peddle away there!
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:34 pm

edge275 wrote:
Your arguing is interrupting my wanking over Ireland.

Fair enough mate I apologize :( No more I promise.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:58 pm

edge275 wrote:Your arguing is interrupting my wanking over Ireland.
Have you finished yet?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 pm

King Kev wrote:
Have you finished yet?

No.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:15 pm

edge275 wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Have you finished yet?

No.

Wanker
Original Dub

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:24 pm

edge275 wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Have you finished yet?

No.

Blimey!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:32 pm

King Kev wrote:
edge275 wrote:
King Kev wrote:
Have you finished yet?

No.

Blimey!

He must have a picture of OD and Vhero making up, in his head!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby peg-6 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:40 am

Robinho marked his return to Santos with a brilliant back-heeled winner

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=738373&sec=global&cc=4716

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RctvijIlk2g

good to see him scored again. Great finish too.
peg-6
Robinho's Step Over

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum