Robinho 'Doesn't Turn Up' For Away Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Robinho 'Doesn't Turn Up' For Away Games

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Maybe he wasn't the problem after all?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Re: Robinho 'Doesn't Turn Up' For Away Games

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Nope blame him,he's shit,he's playing in Brazil because he is fucking gash.

Dont miss him,dont miss his invention,dont miss his creativity,granted the lad wasnt fit but hey who gives two shits? Bellers was such an inspiration today.

Sorry but we need players like him in the sqaud.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Steve » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm

Thankyou for this. I thought I was fighting this battle alone off this board the last 3 months. A relief to know I'm not the only one.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby btajim » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Bring back the Elano or Hughes threads! They've both fuclin gone...

I'm personally pleased that the Brazil clique has been removed from the Club. Robinho turning up to Santos in a Helicopter populated by himself and Pele was something I'd expect from Hollywood Movie Stars. Not Professional Footballers. It stank of pretention and arrogance. Two traits I despise.

Jo didn't last at Everton, either.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 pm

I think the problem is we have too many big buck players who aren't prepared to stick their neck out for the cause. There were loads out there today. Robinho was often one.It's a problem that will never go away until we get a strong manager who's got YEARS to stamp his authority.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:30 pm

King Kev wrote:Maybe he wasn't the problem after all?

I dont think he was ever THE problem, he was just the most obvious symptom of it

Fucking bizarre this away lark....
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:32 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

I dont think he was ever THE problem, he was just the most obvious symptom of it

Who would you say was the most obvious symptom today?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:38 pm

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

De Jong. Playing him and Barry together is far to fucking negative against these lesser teams.
StrikeAnywhere
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 pm

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I dont think anyone stood out as any better or any worse than the rest, it was a bad show all round.

Had Robbie been playing, I dont think he could have been singled out from that mess.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:41 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Had Robbie been playing, I dont think he could have been singled out from that mess.
Have to disagree. Had Robinho been playing today and we put the same sort of performance in the fans and press would have murdered him.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:42 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

I dont think anyone stood out as any better or any worse than the rest, it was a bad show all round.

Had Robbie been playing, I dont think he could have been singled out from that mess.

Ah but he would have, I mean what Bellamy did today was on par with even Robbies worst games away from COMS
StrikeAnywhere

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 pm

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Had Robbie been playing, I dont think he could have been singled out from that mess.
Have to disagree. Had Robinho been playing today and we put the same sort of performance in the fans and press would have murdered him.

This.........Then people would look at how well Petrov played when he came on because he wore a lovely scarf.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby StrikeAnywhere » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
King Kev wrote:

This.........Then people would look at how well Petrov played when he came on because he wore a lovely scarf.

hmmm to be honest Mancini's scarf > Petrovs... just my opinion thou
StrikeAnywhere

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:53 pm

King Kev wrote:

Do you not think though, that the issue with Robinho was down to the contrast between the incredible form he showed at home last season, vs the abject performances he put in away from home the week after.

I dont think we have a player whose form is so markedly different as his was, and he was rightly criticised for it. I dont think (personally) I could have singled him out today, even the media would have struggled to pillory him as it was so poor across the board.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Do you not think though, that the issue with Robinho was down to the contrast between the incredible form he showed at home last season, vs the abject performances he put in away from home the week after.

I dont think we have a player whose form is so markedly different as his was, and he was rightly criticised for it. I dont think (personally) I could have singled him out today, even the media would have struggled to pillory him as it was so poor across the board.
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one mate. Rob had his faults but was unfairly singled out for criticism many times by fans and press alike. Today would have had them jumping up and down with excitement and the prospect of having another go at him.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:58 pm

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one mate. Rob had his faults but was unfairly singled out for criticism many times by fans and press alike. Today would have had them jumping up and down with excitement and the prospect of having another go at him.

Not to mention the cries of what a waste of money from the home support and certain sections of the other parts of the stadium.
Last edited by lets all have a disco on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:59 pm

today was about just not having the focus and concentration required. errant passes. poor touches. Everyone was operating a little too slowly, and chucking the ball around in haste -- often right at a Hull player to get deflected back to another orange shirt. it wasn't pretty.

Ade, Tevez, Bellers, Barry, Bridge, NDJ, Zabba...all had really poor matches. You can't carry that many players who aren't in form in a match against a team that was buoyed by their draw vs Chelsea, and wanted another scalp. We have yet to show ourselves to match the level of preparedness of the opponent in terms of attitude and focus on certain match days...that has to change and i'm sure Mancini feels the same way. It's embarrassing. We didn't look anything like a team today. it was as if this group had barely played together.

Shame we didn't get some midfield cover this window, because we are toothless, pedestrian, and fearful in midfield as of late. We need to do something about that.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:04 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Not to mention the crys of what a waste of money from the home support and certain sections of the other parts of the stadium.

The home fans will always home in on him until he proves himself. He never did, so any stick he got from the home fans was justified. With regards city fans, I think the fans would simply have been more bothered why Robinho played ahead of other options when he obviously wasnt going to turn up. Mancini has answered that question for us, which speaks volumes.

We will see in the morning, but I bet we come in for a collective clobbering and attempts at humiliating not the players, but the club's "lofty ambitions" - no doubt Gary Cook's boasts will be mentioned, so i'd go for the press saying its all his fault
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Gloryhunter123 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:29 am

WHO DOES TURN UP ??

I RECKON YOU CAN ALL ANSWER THAT ONE
Gloryhunter123
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Sparky haters !
My favourite player is: Swp

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:30 am

StrikeAnywhere wrote:these lesser teams.

this is probably the mentality that fucks us up.

since when did we have the right to just turn up and win?
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum