If portsmouth go completely bust

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

If portsmouth go completely bust

Postby ashton287 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Someone said to me today that they read in a paper, didnt say which one, that if portsmouth go completely bust before the end of the season that we lose 6 points that we've got from our games with them is this true?
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Re: If portsmouth go completely bust

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Yes... True.... But then so would many other teams
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:03 pm

ashton287 wrote:Someone said to me today that they read in a paper, didnt say which one, that if portsmouth go completely bust before the end of the season that we lose 6 points that we've got from our games with them is this true?
Tut tut, you've been reading posts by silly people on another forum haven't you.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Manx Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:05 pm

King Kev wrote:
ashton287 wrote:Someone said to me today that they read in a paper, didnt say which one, that if portsmouth go completely bust before the end of the season that we lose 6 points that we've got from our games with them is this true?
Tut tut, you've been reading posts by silly people on another forum haven't you.

???

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:07 pm

King Kev wrote:

Bluemong?????
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:07 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

???
I read a post on bluemoon earlier about this. The poster was saying that somebody had told him that they had read somewhere that the points would be deducted... but nobody could find a link to this alleged article.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that it's a load of made up bollocks.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:09 pm

It wont happen anyway, administration, but not bust before the end of the season.

Even the administrators have to keep it as a going concern to sell it.

Surely, even with the premier league, uefa, fifa being as bent as they are, you dont think they could be that unfair? You keep the points you have got, and anyone yet to play them get 3 points if it goes tits up
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ashton287 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:14 pm

King Kev wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
King Kev wrote:

???
I read a post on bluemoon earlier about this. The poster was saying that somebody had told him that they had read somewhere that the points would be deducted... but nobody could find a link to this alleged article.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that it's a load of made up bollocks.

no my cousin rang me, he said it was out of a paper but probably just hiding his shame
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:21 pm

It can't be true surely. If we get 6points took off us how can that be fair since liverpol lost to Portsmouth so they would remain on the same points but we get 6 took of us????
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby King Kev » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:24 pm

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:It can't be true surely. If we get 6points took off us how can that be fair since liverpol lost to Portsmouth so they would remain on the same points but we get 6 took of us????
It's bluemoon bollocks mate, don't worry.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:29 pm

King Kev wrote:
Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:It can't be true surely. If we get 6points took off us how can that be fair since liverpol lost to Portsmouth so they would remain on the same points but we get 6 took of us????
It's bluemoon bollocks mate, don't worry.

I'm not worried mate as they won't go bust until after the season has finished, but i just thought it was a shit rule if true.
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:45 am

Think about it chaps...FFS! If Pompey were to go bust say tomorrow, there are still 14 games for them to play.

They can't award every team they have to play the points, as they may not have won and this may be unfair to one club, which has lost points over two games.

In addition to this they shouldn't give a win and say a 3-0 scoreline as again this is unfair.....one club could stay up or go down on the back of results/goals awarded.

If Pompey went bust all points and goals would be scrapped.
Last edited by Manx Blue on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Manx Blue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:54 am

Manx Blue wrote:Think about it chaps...FFS! If Pompey were to go bust say tomorrow, there are still 14 games for them to play.

They can't award every team they have to play the points as they may not have wone and this may be unfair to one club, which has lost points over two games. In addition to this they shouldn't give a win and say a 3-0 scoreline as again this is unfair.....one club could stay up or go down on the back of results/goals awarded.

No they wouldnt, it is a win for all the games yet to play
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:55 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:Think about it chaps...FFS! If Pompey were to go bust say tomorrow, there are still 14 games for them to play.

They can't award every team they have to play the points as they may not have wone and this may be unfair to one club, which has lost points over two games. In addition to this they shouldn't give a win and say a 3-0 scoreline as again this is unfair.....one club could stay up or go down on the back of results/goals awarded.

OK we'll see

Manx Blue

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 am

Manx Blue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

OK we'll see

Its in the rules unfortunately
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:01 am

johnpb78 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

OK we'll see

Post the rule then!!

Manx Blue

Postby gillie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 am

The paper the OP was refering to is the Sun and the article was about Rafa's gaurantee that the dippers would finnish 4th.If Pompey go bust us and the likes of Arsenal would lose 6 points therefore the dippers would overtake us and be on the Arse coatails.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:11 am

Manx Blue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

OK we'll see

Post the rule then!!

Bloody hell!!! Now you are pushing it

Trust me
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:26 am

John...I'll Give you a scenario...Chelsea get a win and a draw from "a Club" over the course of the season. Manchester United get a win in their first game and have to play "A Club" on the last day of the season. They need to win to claim the title, but the club goes bust on the day before the last game of the season.

So you are telling me then that a club could win the title (or get relegated) on the basis of points and possibly goals being awarded for games that didn't take place. With respect, absolute poppycock and balderdash Sir!

Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:31 am

Case in Point....When Boro didn't fulfil the fixture against Blackburn in 1998, they were deducted 3 points and they had to play the game...Rovers didn't get the points

Manx Blue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum