IRELAND AND GIVEN.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: IRELAND AND GIVEN.

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:54 pm

edge275 wrote:The Ireland conundrum is simple. Play him in an advanced midfield role and reap the rewards.

I'm with you all the way chief. Some players are very adaptable and maybe he just isn't. Top class playmaker who can't play in other positions.

No crime in that. Play him where he's best or sell him to a club that will play him where he's best.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
King Kev wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:IRELAND.
SORRY MATE BUT IM LOSING MY PATEIENCE WITH YOU. YOUR PLAYING CRAP AND HAVE DONE SO FOR FUCKING MONTHS ON END AND IT,S GOT LITTLE TO DO WITH WHERE MANCINI PUTS YOU AS YOUVE BEEN DIRE NO MATTER WHERE YOU HAVE PLAYED.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR GAME?

THE MAGIC HAS GONE....
I was disappointed (but not surprised) to see a thread on here last week dedicated to something that Nani had done for the scum.

I was waiting for a thread about the fantastic 40 yard ball our very own Stevie Ireland had played to Adebayor for our first goal. It seems that people were too busy wanking over the mune to even notice what Superman had done.

Finally somebody else is getting as stressed out with Ireland as me (Carl) as for the 40 yard ball I agree it was a great/fantastic ball but you can't really excuse how shit he been playing for 1 fucking good ball? I am just happy people are starting to see how fucking shocking Ireland has been this season and not trying to make excuses for the guy (except for Kev obviously as obviously 1 good ball all season means we should play him every game eh?).

As for Given I never really noticed him not coming off the line but yeah that's gonna cause some serious problems. I have been too busy watching our defence trying to stop average attackers and fail. Boyata hasn't been upto the task and really who can blame him being shoved into the team at such a young age. Ned has a ton more experience and should be played ahead but Mancini thinks Boyata is better and experience obviously means fuck all.

Do you ever learn? Your hatred for Ireland is absolutely unbelievable - "your happy people can see how shocking he is"?

You're a right mong sometimes Vhero, you really are. You have a fucking avatar of your hero who fucked off to Santos and defined the word "shocking" this season. You never once said you believed he was playing shite, yet you haven't shut up about Ireland being TERRIBLE.

He is below form, especially compared to his POTY season last time (when you still tried to tell us he was shit), but in no way is he shocking. He has a few assists and a couple of goals. He was shite this week, but you conveniently forgot that last week he set up the goal that broke the deadlock AND he saved us conceding by being on his own goal line.

I know he can play a lot better and I really wish he would be played in a central attacking role because he's a fantastic playmaker, but you can't wait for threads that criticise him so you can have your little rants and it pisses me right off. There you go again accusing the club and fans of "making excuses" for him. I'm only going to say this to you one more time mate - THE INJURIES AND SICKNESSES WERE REAL. THEY WERE VERY REAL.

Now do yourself a favour and take down that deserter that you think is such a hero from your signature.

As for Given - I wouldn't swap him for anyone. I've seen him behind a solid defence that know each other inside out and he is world class, no doubt about it.

The problem isn't Given, its the poxy defence that changes from week to week and constantly leaks goals.

I'd play Ireland against Bolton in a central attacking role and if he's wank, drop him. I fear he has no place under Mancini because he doesn't favour systems that employ playmakers it would seem. Just like Trappatoni and many other Italian coaches.

Put it this way - if Stephen Ireland goes on the market, it wouldn't suprise me in the least to see him arrive at Arsenal or U***d and prosper.

Either play him as a playmaker or sell him, its quite simple IMO.

I didn't forget the set up for the goal I never once said I did but I unlike you ain't fucking wanking about it get over your fucking high horse. He ain't the first player to do this and won't be the fucking last it's not a miracle ball and I bet anybody on the pitch that day could have made that ball and if they couldn't they are in the wrong fucking game mate as on their wages I would expect more. As for my signature I'm fucking sorry I havn't had time to change it because YOU said so but I don't give a flying fuck what you think but like I said previously his name alone has done more for this club than Ireland has ever done as he helped us get to where we are today and if you deny that then you are fucking delusional. Sure he was shite on the pitch this season but so is Ireland and yeah I don't deny Ireland has had injurys but FOR FUCK SAKE mate if they are really making him that shit then he shouldn't be playing. By what your saying it's okay we should play him and basically be a man down because he's carrying the remains of an injury?? Sorry but this is the fucking premier league mate and it's all cut throat 1 loss could mean the difference between Europe not next season so if he's not fit enough for the first team that's why we have a reserve team. So stop the fucking excuses for the lad and get off your high horse. I am glad Robinho is gone for now as hopefully he will come back a better player as I didn't want him to play neither as he was bad too.
I am sick of your terrorising me on every fucking post I make on here lately you really want me to leave that badly huh over an opinion? If you don't like hat I say then block me FFS its easy enough I blocked Doom Merchant a long time ago and never looked back as we never agreed on anything.

Also I apologize for using the word Shocking about Ireland he hasn't been that bad in the last 2 games he has been bad just not shocking however I was comparing him to last season and the difference is shocking. My grammer is terrible because of my disability but WTF nobody gives a shit they like to fucking have a go anyways so keep on having a go I am fucking sick of this board anyway. All I ever do on here is be nice to you guys provide streams try to help with PC tech advice and help with console shit hell I even fixed a guys laptop from this board but fuck it I am sick to death of the treatment I get on here because of my bad grammer people just jump to conclusions I can only take so much. No wonder the club choose Bluemoan over this fucking place with the attitude of the so called LEGENDS of this fucking place.

Rant over.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby edge275 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Original Dub wrote:
edge275 wrote:The Ireland conundrum is simple. Play him in an advanced midfield role and reap the rewards.

I'm with you all the way chief. Some players are very adaptable and maybe he just isn't. Top class playmaker who can't play in other positions.

No crime in that. Play him where he's best or sell him to a club that will play him where he's best.

Thinking about it, it's criminal not playing him where he is best. I truly believe he would massively improve our team by playing him where he should be.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:19 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
King Kev wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:IRELAND.
SORRY MATE BUT IM LOSING MY PATEIENCE WITH YOU. YOUR PLAYING CRAP AND HAVE DONE SO FOR FUCKING MONTHS ON END AND IT,S GOT LITTLE TO DO WITH WHERE MANCINI PUTS YOU AS YOUVE BEEN DIRE NO MATTER WHERE YOU HAVE PLAYED.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR GAME?

THE MAGIC HAS GONE....
I was disappointed (but not surprised) to see a thread on here last week dedicated to something that Nani had done for the scum.

I was waiting for a thread about the fantastic 40 yard ball our very own Stevie Ireland had played to Adebayor for our first goal. It seems that people were too busy wanking over the mune to even notice what Superman had done.

Finally somebody else is getting as stressed out with Ireland as me (Carl) as for the 40 yard ball I agree it was a great/fantastic ball but you can't really excuse how shit he been playing for 1 fucking good ball? I am just happy people are starting to see how fucking shocking Ireland has been this season and not trying to make excuses for the guy (except for Kev obviously as obviously 1 good ball all season means we should play him every game eh?).

As for Given I never really noticed him not coming off the line but yeah that's gonna cause some serious problems. I have been too busy watching our defence trying to stop average attackers and fail. Boyata hasn't been upto the task and really who can blame him being shoved into the team at such a young age. Ned has a ton more experience and should be played ahead but Mancini thinks Boyata is better and experience obviously means fuck all.

Do you ever learn? Your hatred for Ireland is absolutely unbelievable - "your happy people can see how shocking he is"?

You're a right mong sometimes Vhero, you really are. You have a fucking avatar of your hero who fucked off to Santos and defined the word "shocking" this season. You never once said you believed he was playing shite, yet you haven't shut up about Ireland being TERRIBLE.

He is below form, especially compared to his POTY season last time (when you still tried to tell us he was shit), but in no way is he shocking. He has a few assists and a couple of goals. He was shite this week, but you conveniently forgot that last week he set up the goal that broke the deadlock AND he saved us conceding by being on his own goal line.

I know he can play a lot better and I really wish he would be played in a central attacking role because he's a fantastic playmaker, but you can't wait for threads that criticise him so you can have your little rants and it pisses me right off. There you go again accusing the club and fans of "making excuses" for him. I'm only going to say this to you one more time mate - THE INJURIES AND SICKNESSES WERE REAL. THEY WERE VERY REAL.

Now do yourself a favour and take down that deserter that you think is such a hero from your signature.

As for Given - I wouldn't swap him for anyone. I've seen him behind a solid defence that know each other inside out and he is world class, no doubt about it.

The problem isn't Given, its the poxy defence that changes from week to week and constantly leaks goals.

I'd play Ireland against Bolton in a central attacking role and if he's wank, drop him. I fear he has no place under Mancini because he doesn't favour systems that employ playmakers it would seem. Just like Trappatoni and many other Italian coaches.

Put it this way - if Stephen Ireland goes on the market, it wouldn't suprise me in the least to see him arrive at Arsenal or U***d and prosper.

Either play him as a playmaker or sell him, its quite simple IMO.

I didn't forget the set up for the goal I never once said I did but I unlike you ain't fucking wanking about it get over your fucking high horse. He ain't the first player to do this and won't be the fucking last it's not a miracle ball and I bet anybody on the pitch that day could have made that ball and if they couldn't they are in the wrong fucking game mate as on their wages I would expect more. As for my signature I'm fucking sorry I havn't had time to change it because YOU said so but I don't give a flying fuck what you think but like I said previously his name alone has done more for this club than Ireland has ever done as he helped us get to where we are today and if you deny that then you are fucking delusional. Sure he was shite on the pitch this season but so is Ireland and yeah I don't deny Ireland has had injurys but FOR FUCK SAKE mate if they are really making him that shit then he shouldn't be playing. By what your saying it's okay we should play him and basically be a man down because he's carrying the remains of an injury?? Sorry but this is the fucking premier league mate and it's all cut throat 1 loss could mean the difference between Europe not next season so if he's not fit enough for the first team that's why we have a reserve team. So stop the fucking excuses for the lad and get off your high horse. I am glad Robinho is gone for now as hopefully he will come back a better player as I didn't want him to play neither as he was bad too.
I am sick of your terrorising me on every fucking post I make on here lately you really want me to leave that badly huh over an opinion? If you don't like hat I say then block me FFS its easy enough I blocked Doom Merchant a long time ago and never looked back as we never agreed on anything.

Also I apologize for using the word Shocking about Ireland he hasn't been that bad in the last 2 games he has been bad just not shocking however I was comparing him to last season and the difference is shocking. My grammer is terrible because of my disability but WTF nobody gives a shit they like to fucking have a go anyways so keep on having a go I am fucking sick of this board anyway. All I ever do on here is be nice to you guys provide streams try to help with PC tech advice and help with console shit hell I even fixed a guys laptop from this board but fuck it I am sick to death of the treatment I get on here because of my bad grammer people just jump to conclusions I can only take so much. No wonder the club choose Bluemoan over this fucking place with the attitude of the so called LEGENDS of this fucking place.

Rant over.

Wow.

First of all I said fuck all about your grammar, so I dunno what that's all about.

Secondly, your attitude towards Ireland is the polar opposite to your attitude towards Robinho. You were in this thread slating Ireland and in another thread proclaiming how you have defended Robinho to the hilt.

Why don't you replace "Ireland" with "Robinho" in the above post - you will see that more excuses were made for Robinho than Ireland when it came to injuries and sicknesses.

And I don't follow you around slating you, but everytime you rant about our player of the year, I will pull you up on it. Critisim is one thing and he is certainly not above it this season, but you seem to revel in it and you were the same last season.... you keep saying we're "wanking" over him, but it wouldn't suprise me one bit if you actually do masterbate to a poster of Robinho, even after he deserted us and proclaimed his love for Santos, saying he wants to stay for four years.

The disrespectful cunt. Whatever it is you reckon Robinho did for this club off the pitch is has undone by forcing his way out.

Now chill the fuck out I've said it to you the last time you started crying - you reap what you sow.

If you don't like the response you get on certain subjects, then don't ask for one by posting in those threads.

Life can be so simple sometimes.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:22 pm

edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Thinking about it, it's criminal not playing him where he is best. I truly believe he would massively improve our team by playing him where he should be.

I agree 100% mate with this. The first logical thing anybody on the boards actually said not an excuse and makes sense. We know Ireland can play in position but he obviously cannot play out of it. We don't know why as we are not personal friends with the guy but it really does seem he can only play in 1 position and if we can't afford to play him there then bench him or move him on as it's not fair on the lad or the team to keep playing him out of position where he will keep playing badly.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Vhero wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I agree 100% mate with this. The first logical thing anybody on the boards actually said not an excuse and makes sense. We know Ireland can play in position but he obviously cannot play out of it. We don't know why as we are not personal friends with the guy but it really does seem he can only play in 1 position and if we can't afford to play him there then bench him or move him on as it's not fair on the lad or the team to keep playing him out of position where he will keep playing badly.

And just like that, Vhero steps back, has a reasoned look at the situation and as a result, posts a very reasoned post.

I agree completely.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

First of all I said fuck all about your grammar, so I dunno what that's all about.

Secondly, your attitude towards Ireland is the polar opposite to your attitude towards Robinho. You were in this thread slating Ireland and in another thread proclaiming how you have defended Robinho to the hilt.

Why don't you replace "Ireland" with "Robinho" in the above post - you will see that more excuses were made for Robinho than Ireland when it came to injuries and sicknesses.

And I don't follow you around slating you, but everytime you rant about our player of the year, I will pull you up on it. Critisim is one thing and he is certainly not above it this season, but you seem to revel in it and you were the same last season.... you keep saying we're "wanking" over him, but it wouldn't suprise me one bit if you actually do masterbate to a poster of Robinho, even after he deserted us and proclaimed his love for Santos, saying he wants to stay for four years.

The disrespectful cunt. Whatever it is you reckon Robinho did for this club off the pitch is has undone by forcing his way out.

Now chill the fuck out I've said it to you the last time you started crying - you reap what you sow.

If you don't like the response you get on certain subjects, then don't ask for one by posting in those threads.

See I read the first sentence and realize you don't read anything I write no wonder your so fucking confused. You never said anything about my grammer but clearly misread everything I write and use it against me. I don't get why you think I like Robson so much but I am fucking sick of it (check the other post for my explanation) no wait I do again read my first sentence of this. So you don't only misread what I put you don't read it at all? I give up trying now with you you obviously have A 1 track mind and nothing I can say will change it. You can think what the fuck you want about me I am sick to death of trying to tell you different you are obviously ignoring want and reading what you want. So enjoy your little rants from now on as I am not gonna bother arguing with you any more as your not fucking worth my time.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

See I read the first sentence and realize you don't read anything I write no wonder your so fucking confused. You never said anything about my grammer but clearly misread everything I write and use it against me. I don't get why you think I like Robson so much but I am fucking sick of it (check the other post for my explanation) no wait I do again read my first sentence of this. So you don't only misread what I put you don't read it at all? I give up trying now with you you obviously have A 1 track mind and nothing I can say will change it. You can think what the fuck you want about me I am sick to death of trying to tell you different you are obviously ignoring want and reading what you want. So enjoy your little rants from now on as I am not gonna bother arguing with you any more as your not fucking worth my time.

Vhero, how come you don't ever post any landmark posts? Like 1k, 5k, 8k etc?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:33 pm

edge275 wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

Because what's the point mate lol I was thinking of doing something at 10k but it's only posting :p
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

Last edited by Original Dub on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub

Postby edge275 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Vhero wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

Because what's the point mate lol I was thinking of doing something at 10k but it's only posting :p

Do one for 10k.
edge275

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
edge275 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

And just like that, Vhero steps back, has a reasoned look at the situation and as a result, posts a very reasoned post.

I agree completely.

I always thought this way mate but as usual you always took everything I said out of context I guess I do put too much emphasis on everything I type but I can't help it and don't realize doing it sometimes. I can't put what I want to type into words most the time and try to get around it and completely fuck it up to get it completely blown out of proportion on here.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

Dont you think you was a little hypocritical saying I loved Robinho because I had him in my sig yet you have Ireland in yours thouh after all this?
Last edited by Vhero on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Forget about it chief, we're all city fans.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:Forget about it chief, we're all city fans.

Fair enough ignore my above post if you saw before I edited as I shall ignore yours which you edited. Also trust me never meant to bring up my disability and wasn't using it just clearing that now if you got the wrong idea mate. Was trying to explain why I have trouble getting things across to you.
Last edited by Vhero on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 pm

edge275 wrote:
Do one for 10k.

Hmmm I never read anybody's threads on the big posts will have to check what others do to get ideas.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

I posted that before I read your last post.

We're overlapping on posts, I've basically just asked you to forget about it and that we're all city fans at the end of the day - if you look at the thread.

Apologies for jumping down your throat - I appreciate the fact that you can't always put into words what you are thinking and i'm the last person who would take the piss out of a disability... that's why I got annoyed, because I felt you were accusing me of that.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Wow.

I posted that before I read your last post.

We're overlapping on posts, I've basically just asked you to forget about it and that we're all city fans at the end of the day - if you look at the thread.

Apologies for jumping down your throat - I appreciate the fact that you can't always put into words what you are thinking and i'm the last person who would take the piss out of a disability... that's why I got annoyed, because I felt you were accusing me of that.

Nah mate I would never think you would take this piss out of it nor anybody on here to be fair as it's not your fault you read shit I put and take it face value and that's the problem. I honestly do try to get shit across on here but its hard for me without writing a fucking book. Without spell checker on firefox I would be fucked aswell I tell ya! I wish I never brought up the disability shit now as I never thought anybody intentionally takes the piss out of me because of it I just need people to stop for a minute and let me explain what I am trying to say about something which is reasonable right? I don't ask for anybody's sympathy or anything and don't expect to be treated different I just hope people understand that I don't always mean what I write lol.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Vhero » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Also if you read the Bollox you will find out I want Ireland to stay lol. If I hated him that much I wouldn't want him here. I still think he has a lot to offer. I want home-grown to exceed a lot more than a foreign import.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby edge275 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Vhero what is your disability called if you don't mind me asking?
edge275

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum