Ireland to Rags?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ireland to Rags?

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:44 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490

Stephen Ireland is set to leave Eastlands, with Roberto Mancini determined to splash out on a new attacking midfielder this summer.
It leaves the tantalising question of whether City will allow the 23-year-old to join Manchester United, whose manager Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer.
Liverpool and Spurs would also be interested in the Irishman.
Mancini failed in a bid to sign £7million Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga on transfer deadline day because of work permit problems, but he is now lining up Real Madrid and Argentina playmaker Fernando Gago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0enomOMIO
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Ireland to Rags?

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Blue Toy wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1249129/Manchester-U***d-ready-pounce-City-boss-Roberto-Mancini-prepares-sell-Stephen-Ireland.html?ITO=1490

Stephen Ireland is set to leave Eastlands, with Roberto Mancini determined to splash out on a new attacking midfielder this summer.
It leaves the tantalising question of whether City will allow the 23-year-old to join Manchester U***d, whose manager Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer.
Liverpool and Spurs would also be interested in the Irishman.
Mancini failed in a bid to sign £7million Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga on transfer deadline day because of work permit problems, but he is now lining up Real Madrid and Argentina playmaker Fernando Gago.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0enomOMIO

What a load of bollox.
Playmaker Gago? I thought he was a defensive midfielder?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Superman doesnt go from player of the seaon to shit in one season.

ITS THE SYSTEM.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Blue2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:52 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:Superman doesnt go from player of the seaon to shit in one season.

ITS THE SYSTEM.

He went from shite to player of the season, so why not?
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:59 pm

I think he has been affected more than most by the managerial change he just cant get used to his new role.It's a learning curve but we all know Stevie will apply himself to getting things right and the report that he will be gone in the summer is what Chinners serves up every day BOLLOX.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blue2 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:02 am

gillie wrote:I think he has been affected more than most by the managerial change he just cant get used to his new role.It's a learning curve but we all know Stevie will apply himself to getting things right and the report that he will be gone in the summer is what Chinners serves up every day BOLLOX.

Gillie he has been crap all season, including the time when Hughes was in charge.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:04 am

This is one of the funniest thing's ive read, there is no way it will happen his form has just dropped it not the end for him at city ffs.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:09 am

Blue2 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Superman doesnt go from player of the seaon to shit in one season.

ITS THE SYSTEM.

He went from shite to player of the season, so why not?

I put it down to a more mature confident Irleand than a freak improvement.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:12 am

This just sounds like mischief tal ben haim

However, as blue2 says, he was also poor for Hughes this season

He had a great season last year and seemed to form a unique understanding with Robinho. Nobody can hide from the fact that he has been very poor this time round, and it is very worrying. We were all talking about the improvement Hughes brought from Ireland, but he seems to have gone backwards.

I hope to hell we can find a way to make him work like that again, but I have to say that both he and SWP have been dreadful all season and I personally would be looking for replacements. If they are good enough they will come through the challenge. Its what being at an top club is all about.

I dont know much about Gago, but I had also heard he was both a defensive, but also creative type player - but may be very wrong on that. What you have to question, is that if we knew we wanted a creative midfielder, why we left it till the last day of the window.

If true, very bad on behalf of the club, as i'm sure the manager made it clear what he wanted ages ago, and the club should have supported him because its what we needed today and in recent weeks, and the club should have supported the manager
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby blootoof » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 am

Even though he's been a bit shit this season, he aint and never will be that much of a cunt.

End of thread.
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 am

Ah the gutter press already stirring shit again... now that Robinho is gone they need to find someone else to write shit about. Obviously they won't chose Bellamy cause he will just sue the fuck out of them so they pick Ireland now.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:23 am

blootoof wrote:Even though he's been a bit shit this season, he aint and never will be that much of a cunt.

End of thread.

He is a rag

Like I said though, its a troublemaking story
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Steve » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:28 am

gillie wrote:I think he has been affected more than most by the managerial change he just cant get used to his new role.It's a learning curve but we all know Stevie will apply himself to getting things right and the report that he will be gone in the summer is what Chinners serves up every day BOLLOX.

He doesn't have a role yet, that's the problem!
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Geo123 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:07 pm

You can be sure if united signed him fergie would play him in his proper position (where scholes played for years) and hed piss all over barry and de jong
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby ashton287 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:02 pm

Geo123 wrote:You can be sure if U***d signed him fergie would play him in his proper position (where scholes played for years) and hed piss all over barry and de jong

mancini just doesnt seem to know what an attacking midfielder is though, he wants 4 defenders 4 defensive midfielders and then 2 strikers to smash te ball upto.

i could see him going at the end of the season but not to the rags. Then again i can see barry getting fucked off at the end of the season if he doesnt sort his shit out aswell and i dont think Vieira will be getting a new contract next season.

if he went to the rags this seasons home shirt would be getting put in the dryer for a few hours.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Geo123 wrote:You can be sure if U***d signed him fergie would play him in his proper position (where scholes played for years) and hed piss all over barry and de jong

I know what you mean mate but why do you think he's having such a problem hitting form this season?

It's not as if he's being asked to play right back or something? The Stevie I saw last year would still be pulling out great performances even if out wide or lying deeper. I know it's not ideal and it requires a different approach from him but I honestly think he's good enough (easily) to perform in these different midfield roles

What's going on do you think?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby btajim » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:18 pm

He used to link up with Robinho very well so that could account for an apparent loss in form.

Wright-Phillips De Jong Ireland and Johnson in a flat 4 man midfield against Bolton? But now Tevez and Adebayor look able to bang Goals in for fun - the previous contribution from Ireland (last season especially) may not be as vital as it once was when they can get service from elsewhere.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby ashton287 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:19 pm

ant london wrote:

I know what you mean mate but why do you think he's having such a problem hitting form this season?

It's not as if he's being asked to play right back or something? The Stevie I saw last year would still be pulling out great performances even if out wide or lying deeper. I know it's not ideal and it requires a different approach from him but I honestly think he's good enough (easily) to perform in these different midfield roles

What's going on do you think?

he trained really hard in the off season before last worked hard all year for us then instead of having a rest in the off season he worked all the way through again and has fatigued himself is what i think because the passing is still there its the effort level from last season that he hasnt maintained
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ruralblue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:23 pm

Wouldn't want to see him go anywhere, and the stories of him going to the rags are from jackanory journo's. I think he his suuffering from Micah syndrome and just needs grounding and maturity growth. He was hyped up so now expectation is high and the bling and lifestyle maybe has gone to his head a bit. I think with time and patience and the right system we will see the Ireland we all enjoyed seeing last year.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 pm

I said it in the other thread - play him as an out and out central playmaker or sell him.

He has the ability to be one of the best in the country in that position, I hope its with us. The way he is this season reminds me of how he was under Sven - good one week, annonymous the next. Hughes said he was playing in a different role earlier this season and that seemed to affect him. Mancini seems a lot more defensive minded and like Trappatoni, doesn't seem to employ an out and out playmaker.

Arsenal would probably be his most likely destination.

How much would we get for him?
Original Dub

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum