Official Sunday games and Robinho has come on thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Official Sunday games and Robinho has come on thread

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:59 am

ha verho you persistence there was absolute gold. Made me laugh, cheers.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:31 am

You are never offside if you are behind the ball.*

*the rules of any game played at old trafford are an exception and may be invented by the referee on the spot to suit the needs of the home side in any given situation.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ant london » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:06 am

Blue Toy wrote:Shut the fuck up you arsehole commentator with your 46 second "GOALLLL" shite he's our fucking player not yours.

And Robbie don't kiss your badge you tit.

Very naive sentiments I'd say

I certainly don't expect to ever see him at Eastlands in a City shirt again
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:41 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I always thought that if the ball is played forward in that position the player who receives the ball is offside and for Robinho's goal the ball is clearly passed forward not back. To me thats offside.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one who didn't know that part of the offside rule lol
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 am

Vhero wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:I always thought that if the ball is played forward in that position the player who receives the ball is offside and for Robinho's goal the ball is clearly passed forward not back. To me thats offside.

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one who didn't know that part of the offside rule lol

that part is incorrect though lol. like tokyo said providing you're behind the ball when it is played you are onside
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Robinho is such a little disrespectful cunt. We have him as one of the highest paid players in world football, in the best league in the world, with fans chanting his name whenever he does anything half expected from a professional footballer and not only does he not have the balls to stay and fight and try to become one of the best in the world, he fucks off at the drop of a hat to a shite league, proclaims that he wants to stay for four years and then kisses the badge after his first goal.

Stupid boy, no bottle and your career will disappear like a fart in the wind the way you're going.

Shame.
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:47 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Vhero wrote:

that part is incorrect though lol. like tokyo said providing you're behind the ball when it is played you are onside

I literally just wet myself laughing in disbelief at the last 2 pages of this thread.

I always wondered why at the ground, when someone is scythed down by a city player, or a city player is caught a mile offside, the crowd go wild as though the referee is bent. I always laugh as people are going red in the face with rage. I always thought it was because people just have blue tinted specs on.

I am truly and honestly shocked that it turns out I give people much more credit than they deserve, and this thread should serve as a warning in heated debates to not assume that the person arguing the toss knows what they are talking about.

ps, Robinho is probably too far up his own arse to realise that city fans will be watching the game. Shame, real shame.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum