Mancini sweet on Balotelli

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Mancini sweet on Balotelli

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:00 pm

He is a 19 year old Striker and is highly regarded in italy appreantly? He is 1.89metres tall and a very good player.
Would anyone love to have him at Manchester City?
Would be improve our squad?
And does anyone think he looks a bit like micah richards :)
The sky sports news picture of him makes him look a lot more like Micah richards and a more clearer and better one than i have found.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 37,00.html

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has confirmed his interest in Inter Milan starlet Mario Balotelli.

The Italian tactician, who helped nurture the teenager's talents at Giuseppe Meazza, says he would sign him in an instant.

Balotelli has been in and out of favour under Jose Mourinho, although the Portuguese boss' desire to keep him remains unchanged.

When asked whether Mancini would be interested in signing Balotelli, he confirmed he would jump at the chance to bring him to Eastlands.

"I'd gladly take him right away," he told La Repubblica. "Mario is potentially a world class player, especially considering his age, as he already changes a game.

"I don't know about his current behaviour, but I've never had reason to complain when working with him."

No problem
Meanwhile, Inter boss Mourinho insists he does not have a problem with Balotelli and is only judging him for his on-field performances.

"Balotelli? I'm always concerned about his performance on the pitch, nothing more," he told Inter Channel.

"I liked him against Chievo, against Milan, against Juventus and against Fiorentina. Against Fiorentina he only had to realise that when the team is in difficulty, he must forget everything [else] - absolutely everything.

"He has been picked and he will not be going to the stands; there is not a problem with Balotelli and there has never been a problem with Balotelli."

Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Mancini sweet on Balotelli

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Watched the game on Wednesday parallel to the Spurs vs Leeds game and this kid is very good indeed. Had a great game
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:15 pm

zuricity wrote:Watched the game on Wednesday parallel to the Spurs vs Leeds game and this kid is very good indeed. Had a great game

Inter Milan are actually playing today against Cagliari so whilst i am watching the Birmingham vs Wolves game on the tv i might have that one on a stream. Hopefully he will be playing.
Blueboylewis

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 pm

A complete troublemaker. Not a very good player either. We would do well to stay well clear.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby xavi6 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm

No thanks. Arrogant little prick who causes more trouble than he's worth.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:08 pm

He is actually starting on the bench for Inter along with Mariga.
Blueboylewis

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:He is actually starting on the bench for Inter along with Mariga.

Cheers Lawro.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:30 pm

Is he the lad who said that Italians (or Italian crowds or something like that) were all racist?

(to be fair....he wasn't far wrong either way ;-) )
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:22 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:A complete troublemaker. Not a very good player either. We would do well to stay well clear.

He is not a trouble maker, he just likes to rile the opposition fans up, and according to Mourinho he isn't so focused in training, but that was last year, I've not heard him say this anymore about Mario. At 19, he is still a bit tactically raw in the sense that at times he is a bit egoistical, or he may not track back all the time. However he is one of the most talented prospects I've seen recently across the whole Europe. Physically strong, fast, can cross, can shoot from long range and can also take free kicks, is deadly in one-on-ones.

Definitely a yes from me.

ant london wrote:Is he the lad who said that Italians (or Italian crowds or something like that) were all racist?

He is. To be honest he plays a part in that as he likes to rile the opposition fans up wth his antics, however those who target him with racist insults through the game are pricks of the first class.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:28 pm

the skys is the limit for this guy and if mancini thinks he can work with him at i can do is back him 100%
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:30 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:A complete troublemaker. Not a very good player either. We would do well to stay well clear.

He is not a trouble maker, he just likes to rile the opposition fans up, and according to Mourinho he isn't so focused in training, but that was last year, I've not heard him say this anymore about Mario. At 19, he is still a bit tactically raw in the sense that at times he is a bit egoistical, or he may not track back all the time. However he is one of the most talented prospects I've seen recently across the whole Europe. Physically strong, fast, can cross, can shoot from long range and can also take free kicks, is deadly in one-on-ones.

Maybe you've not been keeping up
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... F2yXZY9QLg

The fact is that many City fans didn't like Robinho's lack of effort. Balotelli makes Rob look like a Vassell/Dickov super-clone. He has none of the raw talent that Robbie possesses either.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Maybe you've not been keeping up

The fact is that many City fans didn't like Robinho's lack of effort. Balotelli makes Rob look like a Vassell/Dickov super-clone. He has none of the raw talent that Robbie possesses either.

What about that differs from what I said? He angered Mourinho by not tracking back for a corner, and it's exactly what I said, that he doesn't track back at times.

As for talent, he may not regularly do fancy step-overs (it's not like he hasn't the ability to do them, mind you) but what he does is almost always effective.
CityFanFromRome

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:52 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:

What about that differs from what I said? He angered Mourinho by not tracking back for a corner, and it's exactly what I said, that he doesn't track back at times.

As for talent, he may not regularly do fancy step-overs (it's not like he hasn't the ability to do them, mind you) but what he does is almost always effective.

Surely your comment that he wasn't arsed in training but now, because you've not heard Jose say anything about him, means you think his attitude has improved? That story clearly shows it hasn't.

We'll see what happens, but I'm prepared to go on record and say that if he comes here fans will want him out within one month in. Hardly anything new recently I know.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:01 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:He is actually starting on the bench for Inter along with Mariga.

Cheers Lawro.

No problem :)
Blueboylewis

Postby Wooders » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:02 pm

No Italian strikers - we take enough risks with players we bring in as it is
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:04 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:

Definitely a yes from me.

ant london wrote:Is he the lad who said that Italians (or Italian crowds or something like that) were all racist?

He is. To be honest he plays a part in that as he likes to rile the opposition fans up wth his antics, however those who target him with racist insults through the game are pricks of the first class.

Thanks CFFR,

I didn't want to question the statement about him being a troublemaker, off the cuff statements appear too readily on this board. I think you lend it more credibility being in Rome and probably seeing more than all of us. However, reports here in Switzerland have been positive about him and i've watched him a few times. Two of my team mates are big Inter fans and they rate him quite highly. I think he, despite his slender appearance, is quite a strong guy and as i mentioned earlier, he stood out in the cup game last wednesday.
Last edited by zuricity on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blueboylewis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:04 pm

He came on for Inter with 7 minutes left but didnt make an impact. Inter won 3-0
Blueboylewis

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:26 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:

Surely your comment that he wasn't arsed in training but now, because you've not heard Jose say anything about him, means you think his attitude has improved? That story clearly shows it hasn't.

We'll see what happens, but I'm prepared to go on record and say that if he comes here fans will want him out within one month in. Hardly anything new recently I know.

What I meant is that I think his attitude in training has improved as Mourinho hasn't commented on his lack of effort there anymore.

I'm not saying he will be a success for sure here, but I think he has all the tools to be, that's all. ;)
CityFanFromRome

Postby bergomi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:41 pm

He has a cocky character... always provokes opposition players and fans... not only without the ball, but with the ball - he practically led the team (goals, free kicks, corner kikcs, assists,...) at 17 years when Ibra was injured. Look at some of his goals: a deadly free kick, precise and powerful shot, energetic, fast despite his height (189cm), knows how to play striker or left/right forward positions. Believe me, he's the perfect mix - his only problem is that he doesn't like defensive jobs and at times goes in stupid tackles just to bicker with opposing players. All Interisti love him, all other fans in Italy hate him - and more they do, more he punishes them on pitch. When he'll stop having sudden attacks of childishness he'll become a Di Canio-type of player. And Inter wouldn't sell him if not for a very big price since everybody at the club knows how good he is.
bergomi
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Inter
My favourite player is: Wesley Sneijder

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:45 pm

bergomi wrote:He has a cocky character... always provokes opposition players and fans... not only without the ball, but with the ball - he practically led the team (goals, free kicks, corner kikcs, assists,...) at 17 years when Ibra was injured. Look at some of his goals: a deadly free kick, precise and powerful shot, energetic, fast despite his height (189cm), knows how to play striker or left/right forward positions. Believe me, he's the perfect mix - his only problem is that he doesn't like defensive jobs and at times goes in stupid tackles just to bicker with opposing players. All Interisti love him, all other fans in Italy hate him - and more they do, more he punishes them on pitch. When he'll stop having sudden attacks of childishness he'll become a Di Canio-type of player. And Inter wouldn't sell him if not for a very big price since everybody at the club knows how good he is.

do you think he can translate that in england mate?
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum