Your team to play Bolton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Your team to play Bolton

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 am

I would play

- - - - - - - - - - - - Given

- - Zaba - - Onouha - - Toure - - Bridge

- - - - - - - - Vieria - - de Jong

- - - - SWP - - - - Ireland - - - - Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - Tevez
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Your team to play Bolton

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:01 am

I am more than likely going to get blasted for this, but fucl it.

I personally would not have de Jong anywhere near the team at home. I think a midfielder who never gets forward is a liability. Can anyone remember him even having a shot on target in his 12 months with us? I can't. I am not criticising the lad because perhaps he is doing what he is told to do, but I'd like four midfielders who can both attack and defend. My four can do that and, supplemented by Tevez who will work his nads off regardless, we should be coping ok defensively. A proper midfield will also help the full-backs, who have been seen by some as a weak area in the team this year. Width on both sides should allow us to stretch Bolton on our wide pitch.

Time has come for Boyata to go back to the reserves and apply the lessons he has learnt in his first-team spell. We need Bellamy for the FA Cup tie. I would not risk Richards or Lescott if not fully fit. Gareth Barry needs a rest.

I am sorry, Mr. Chairman. I am unfortunately not available to take over as manager in the summer.

So the team for me:

Given

Zabaleta - Onuoha - Toure - Bridge

SWP - Ireland - Vieira - A.Johnson

Tevez - Adebayor
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 am

----------Given
Zab---Ned---Toure---Garrido
----------Vieira
AJ---SWP---Ireland---Petrov
-----------Ade

Bridge
Boyata
Bellamy
Barry
Tevez
De Jong
Taylor
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby ant london » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 am

are we playing another match vs Bolton this week?

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=30230&start=25
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:16 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I am more than likely going to get blasted for this, but fucl it.

I personally would not have de Jong anywhere near the team at home. I think a midfielder who never gets forward is a liability. Can anyone remember him even having a shot on target in his 12 months with us? I can't. I am not criticising the lad because perhaps he is doing what he is told to do, but I'd like four midfielders who can both attack and defend. My four can do that and, supplemented by Tevez who will work his nads off regardless, we should be coping ok defensively. A proper midfield will also help the full-backs, who have been seen by some as a weak area in the team this year. Width on both sides should allow us to stretch Bolton on our wide pitch.

Time has come for Boyata to go back to the reserves and apply the lessons he has learnt in his first-team spell. We need Bellamy for the FA Cup tie. I would not risk Richards or Lescott if not fully fit. Gareth Barry needs a rest.

I am sorry, Mr. Chairman. I am unfortunately not available to take over as manager in the summer.

So the team for me:

Given

Tevez - Adebayor

Mate, I couldn't agree more with this if I tried.

That side will murder Bolton, no question about it. They can all play ball and we'd pass Bolton into millions of pieces.

Also, my biggest critism for Mancini so far is overlooking SWP. He is more valuable to the side than most people understand.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby AlpsMaster » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I am more than likely going to get blasted for this, but fucl it.

So the team for me:

Given

Tevez - Adebayor

I don't disagree with your argument that we don't necessarily need to play such a defensive midfield at home against lesser teams, but NDJ did hit a fantastic shot on target away at Scunny which forced an excellent save to deny him his first goal. Admittedly that's the only one I can remember.
AlpsMaster
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:55 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

So the team for me:

Given

Tevez - Adebayor

That side will murder Bolton, no question about it. They can all play ball and we'd pass Bolton into millions of pieces.

Also, my biggest critism for Mancini so far is overlooking SWP. He is more valuable to the side than most people understand.

Not sure I agree with that mate. SWP is sensational at times but his 'give the ball away' stats must be appalling, and sometimes he still looks like little boy lost out there. One thing we cannot be doing is giving the ball away so much if we want to push onto the CL etc, so I would suggest that is why Bobby is over looking him.

Given
Zabba Toure Lescott Bridge
AJ Vieira Barry Bellamy
Tevez Ade
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 am

"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby coxy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:12 am

We need the cover that NDJ gives, he`s the only one who gets stuck into the opposition,so for me;

Given
Zab Toure Lescott Bridge

NDJ
SWP Vieira Ireland

Tevez Ade
coxy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:32 am

john@staustell wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

So the team for me:

Given

Tevez - Adebayor

Not sure I agree with that mate. SWP is sensational at times but his 'give the ball away' stats must be appalling, and sometimes he still looks like little boy lost out there. One thing we cannot be doing is giving the ball away so much if we want to push onto the CL etc, so I would suggest that is why Bobby is over looking him.

Given
Zabba Toure Lescott Bridge
AJ Vieira Barry Bellamy
Tevez Ade

SWP had most succesfull dribbles in whole league last season so statistic seem to confirm my opinion. EVERY winger loses ball every now and then. If no one would try, we'd have 10 De Jong's and Barry's passing the ball sideways.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 am

I reckon Mancini will play.

Given---Zaba---Toure----Boyata----Bridge------Barry----De Jong----Vieria---Johnson---Ireland----Tevez
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 am

lets all have a disco wrote:I reckon Mancini will play.

Given---Zaba---Toure----Boyata----Bridge------Barry----De Jong----Vieria---Johnson---Ireland----Tevez

11 goalkeepers, now that is defensive ;-)
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby dikdik » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:05 am

Agree strongly with above
We cannot wait for Adebayor to turn up in matches. Apart from his brilliant explosive start in August, September he has failed to convince me that he is a top four player.
PLUS
I genuinely believe he and Tevez are getting in each others way.
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 am

AlpsMaster wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Can anyone remember him even having a shot on target in his 12 months with us? I can't.

I don't disagree with your argument that we don't necessarily need to play such a defensive midfield at home against lesser teams, but NDJ did hit a fantastic shot on target away at Scunny which forced an excellent save to deny him his first goal. Admittedly that's the only one I can remember.

So, just to make it clear, he has had one shot on target, and that against a mid-table team from the division below, in 12 months. That we can remember.

Can someone, preferably one of you that thinks NdJ is wonderful (cos I know there are loads of you), what exactly this man is doing when we have got the ball? Because it certainly isn't trying to score.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 am

dikdik wrote:I genuinely believe he and Tevez are getting in each others way.

Not so much as getting in each others way but their games do not suit each others. Tevez likes to drop deep, very deep sometimes.

Adebayor likes to go out to the wings. So we often get the situation where Tevez has won the ball in the middle passed it out to Adebayor on the wing who then has nobody to pass to in the box - ocassionally Bellamy might get there but he is then outnumbered 4 to 1.

We lack a spear at the front of the attack. Roque Santa Cruz (for all his injury faults) is a fantastic spear. When fit he gets goals. We scored two tap-in's when we played against Sunderland. We never score tap-ins as we don't get enough players into the six yard box.

You'll only find Tevez and Adebayor in the six yard box if there is a corner or set piece.

The other day someone made a fantastic point that Tevez is having a negative effect on Ireland as he is doing his job in the midfield. Ireland loves to give throughballs but at the moment nobody is in the position to receive these eye through the needle passes. Bridge, against Hull was the only player in our team to make such a run. That also needs to be considered.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:55 am

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:I reckon Mancini will play.

11 goalkeepers, now that is defensive ;-)

I was gonna include Fernandes till i realised he had been sold.

I'd also maybe play Ned in the middle aswell,hey why not?

Joking aside,GO 4-4-2 AT HOME MANCINI YOU FUCKING WEAPON.

Given----------Zabs---Toure---Onouha-----Bridge----SWP---Vieria---Ireland-----A Johnson--Ade---Carlos.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:28 am

As we're still patching up holes left by 1st choicers, this isn't my ideal team. But;

------------------Given

Zabba---Nedum------Toure---Bridge

SWP-----Viera--------Ireland---Johnson

---------Tevez---------Ade

But I still think we're better suited in the 451 formation when we're at full strength

------------------Given

Richards---Toure----Lescott(Vinny?)---Bridge

SWP---Ireland--Viera--Barry(De Jong?)---Johnson

-----------------Tevez (Ade?)

We play much better football in this formation, but that is as long as we play 1 DF 1 B2B and 1 AM and not 2 DF's and 1 running round not knowing what they are doing.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:37 am

An interesting one would be to try & guess what team Mancini will pick. I can't even begin to guess.

I could imagine him starting Vieira, Barry & DeJong but equally just Vieira & an attacking formation. I'd go for the latter, resting Bellamy with Johnson on the left but I've not got a scooby what Mancini will do. Could just as easily start with Petrov on the right, SWP on the left & Johnson in the middle behind Tevez or Ade or both or RSC if he's fit.

No idea.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum