Bellamy knee injury

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bellamy knee injury

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Some players can become legends in some eyes very quickly on. Ali Bernarbia? Who in all realism was a success in Div 1 and very average in the prem.

Its the work ethic mixed with pure talent and passion for the city cause. I think he will be fondly remembered here forever and that is enough to be a legend in some eyes.

OK fair enough. I just feel it is way over the top to be describing Bellamy as a legend for city. He hasn't earned that title in my opinion. BTW I'm not anti-Bellamy, never have been. But a legend ?

Ali B?
Original Dub

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:56 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Some players can become legends in some eyes very quickly on. Ali Bernarbia? Who in all realism was a success in Div 1 and very average in the prem.

Its the work ethic mixed with pure talent and passion for the city cause. I think he will be fondly remembered here forever and that is enough to be a legend in some eyes.

OK fair enough. I just feel it is way over the top to be describing Bellamy as a legend for city. He hasn't earned that title in my opinion. BTW I'm not anti-Bellamy, never have been. But a legend ?

Ali B?

We'll have to agree to disagree over that one as well to be honest. Perhaps my entry criteria are more stringent :-)
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ali B?

We'll have to agree to disagree over that one as well to be honest. Perhaps my entry criteria are more stringent :-)

Fine by me mate!

For the record, Ali B is not a legend in my eyes.

Bellamy is on the right road though IMO. I think its got to do with the level we're playing at and such an important player in our development into a top four side will always have more of a place in my heart than a fantastic flair player who helped take us from Div 1 to the prem.

Its all about opinions though I suppose ...
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 am

Just thought I'd mention, in case no one's seen it; the MUEN is reporting he's got the all clear. It was just a strain of the medial ligament & he should be in contention for weekend.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Vhero » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/February/Bellamy-out-of-Bolton-game

This is why Bellers wont finish his contract at City,His knees are goosed.

Are you surprised? When you play out of your skin and above what is clearly your level like that chap has for half a season some things bound to go. Just shows the commitment the guy has had for the team just wish the rest of the team other than Tevez would take a note from him and do the same.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby btajim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Legend is a word overused these days. In Series 3 of Skins, Cook describes his chain smoking, binge drinking, Hawaiian shirt wearing, regularly farting Uncle as a "Legend" and JJ simply asks why and to who? That struck a chord with me.

A Legend is someone who achieved something significant and sometimes against expectation / the odds. Bellamy has definitely got all the makings of a Cult Hero, mind. Fans love a grafter, they love someone who's a bit dirty yet still capable of doing their job on the field. Bellers is a Cult Hero.

Colin Bell is a Legend.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Beeks » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Just seen this...sorry wax on wax off guy

Suppose I got carried away with the 'legend' tag

But i'm half welsh so i've always been a Bellers fan even when he wasn't at City...so he was a legend to me anyway

I and a couple of others were the only ones on here that were buzzing when we signed him while everyone else moaned about his 10 mil price tag...I've followed him throughout his career and knew what he could bring to the team

Ok...maybe not quite a legend yet...but if his legs last to our first trophy...you can bet your arse we would have won it with more than a little help from our Bellers...Cymru Am Byth ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Bellers was never gonna be a 40 game a season player, we knew this 13 months ago. His contributions this season alone have been staggering for someone with his injury problems. With Jinky signed and Petrov fit I hope Bobby uses Bellamy a little more sparingly and smartly in order to make sure he is available when we really need him.

And I like the nickname Jinky, better than Schlong or Two's.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Slim wrote:Bellers was never gonna be a 40 game a season player, we knew this 13 months ago. His contributions this season alone have been staggering for someone with his injury problems. With Jinky signed and Petrov fit I hope Bobby uses Bellamy a little more sparingly and smartly in order to make sure he is available when we really need him.

Fucking right.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Slim wrote:Bellers was never gonna be a 40 game a season player, we knew this 13 months ago. His contributions this season alone have been staggering for someone with his injury problems. With Jinky signed and Petrov fit I hope Bobby uses Bellamy a little more sparingly and smartly in order to make sure he is available when we really need him.

Who's Two's??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:26 pm

MEN reporting that Bellers knee injury is nothing much really and should be back training this week..

slight pull of medial ligs in his RIGHT knee
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:31 pm

brite blu sky wrote:MEN reporting that Bellers knee injury is nothing much really and should be back training this week..

slight pull of medial ligs in his RIGHT knee

Ted Hughes wrote:Just thought I'd mention, in case no one's seen it; the MUEN is reporting he's got the all clear. It was just a strain of the medial ligament & he should be in contention for weekend.

;-)
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:44 pm

oops missed that..

anyway good news is good news and deserves to said at least twice ;)
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Grob » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Bellemy has been less and less effective as this season has worn on.

Likely to do with his knees of course.

We cant rely on him to be anything more than a supporting cast member.

Johnson will likely take on more of his work.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:29 am

btajim wrote:Legend is a word overused these days. In Series 3 of Skins, Cook describes his chain smoking, binge drinking, Hawaiian shirt wearing, regularly farting Uncle as a "Legend" and JJ simply asks why and to who? That struck a chord with me.

A Legend is someone who achieved something significant and sometimes against expectation / the odds. Bellamy has definitely got all the makings of a Cult Hero, mind. Fans love a grafter, they love someone who's a bit dirty yet still capable of doing their job on the field. Bellers is a Cult Hero.

Colin Bell is a Legend.

Lol i think thats more of an ironic use of legend. I might call someone a legend if they had done something crazy and funny whilst pissed!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum