Bellamy knee injury

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bellamy knee injury

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:50 am

The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Bellamy knee injury

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:59 am

Hmmm blessing in disguise perhaps? Bellamy has not been very good for a few games now. This will force Mancini to pick Johnson, SWP or Petrov to start...

My guess is he will play Petrov and Johnson and bring on SWP if it does not work out.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:59 am

Explains his performance on Saturday. Never seen him so quiet and ineffective for us before, he must have been trying to play through it.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/February/Bellamy-out-of-Bolton-game

This is why Bellers wont finish his contract at City,His knees are goosed.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/February/Bellamy-out-of-Bolton-game

You're unusually negative today son!
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm

I think he'll finish his contract but clearly we shouldn't rely on him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Even if he left now...he's still done enough to be a legend at this club...but I still think he will be here to see us lift a trophy...the guy may be crocked...but he would have to be crippled to stop him in his tracks
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:13 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Even if he left now...he's still done enough to be a legend at this club...

Can you explain how ?
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Blue Blood » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:20 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Explains his performance on Saturday. Never seen him so quiet and ineffective for us before, he must have been trying to play through it.

That.

Hopefully we'll see Jinky play on the left tomorrow. I thought he looked very handy when he came on against Hull.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Mike J » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:27 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Explains his performance on Saturday. Never seen him so quiet and ineffective for us before, he must have been trying to play through it.

That.

Hopefully we'll see Jinky play on the left tomorrow. I thought he looked very handy when he came on against Hull.

i know its supposed to be his nickname but please stop calling him that, i beg of you!!!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby btajim » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Even if he left now...he's still done enough to be a legend at this club...

Can you explain how ?

Works incredibly hard and scored a couple of Goals during a derby Match last year. Injuries aside, I've been unable to find fault with him.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Cant believe people criticising him. We have used him far, far too much because we have had big games and a lack of other available talent. At the start of the season we would've been happy for him to play one in two. He just needs to rest, and others need to step up to the mark.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:14 pm

btajim wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Can you explain how ?

Works incredibly hard and scored a couple of Goals during a derby Match last year. Injuries aside, I've been unable to find fault with him.

Yeah he was fantastic in that derby at the swamp. Also scored some very important goals in the prem and Europe for us, but the fact that he never stops trying and has been available a lot more than people thought he would is the icing on the cake.

Love the little whining bastard.
Original Dub

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Just cant be arsed being posotive pal,Dunno why.

Just feel Mancini's City isnt working as well as it should be,the honeymoon is over already and the sex isnt that good hell even the hand jobs are a bit shit and that hooker we was suppose to see in London went out of business.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:57 pm

john@staustell wrote:Cant believe people criticising him. We have used him far, far too much because we have had big games and a lack of other available talent. At the start of the season we would've been happy for him to play one in two. He just needs to rest, and others need to step up to the mark.

Not sure if you meant me with this post but I didn't mean to criticize Bellers. He has been one of our best players so far this season, just the last two games or so he was a bit ineffective (working hard nontheless) so I reckon he could do with a rest perhaps and Johnson, SWP and Petrov will get a go.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby john@staustell » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:59 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Cant believe people criticising him. We have used him far, far too much because we have had big games and a lack of other available talent. At the start of the season we would've been happy for him to play one in two. He just needs to rest, and others need to step up to the mark.

Not sure if you meant me with this post but I didn't mean to criticize Bellers. He has been one of our best players so far this season, just the last two games or so he was a bit ineffective (working hard nontheless) so I reckon he could do with a rest perhaps and Johnson, SWP and Petrov will get a go.

No mate, just skimming through the posts quickly, not even reading the names! But looking again, no definitely not you!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:

Just cant be arsed being posotive pal,Dunno why.

Just feel Mancini's City isnt working as well as it should be,the honeymoon is over already and the sex isnt that good hell even the hand jobs are a bit shit and that hooker we was suppose to see in London went out of business.

Well matey, truth is, the season was going nowhere with Hughes in charge, it was already fucked when Mancini took over. Seems to be very stop start with Mancini, but at least we're winning games. Another draw and I'd have ended it.
Lets see what the Sheik does at the end of the season. One way or another though, we'll be on some mad Euro trip next season. Be it Champs or Europa, it'll be a buzz.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Can you explain how ?

Yeah he was fantastic in that derby at the swamp. Also scored some very important goals in the prem and Europe for us, but the fact that he never stops trying and has been available a lot more than people thought he would is the icing on the cake.

All good points (answered by other people, not IBH).... but I was specifically interested in why Bellamy, after 12 months at the club, has already done enough to be a LEGEND.....

Summerbee, Bell, Doyle, Tuert, Corrigan, Whitey, Dickov etc... those are City legends. Why is Bellamy now on the same level? What has he done?
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

Can you explain how ?

All good points (answered by other people, not IBH).... but I was specifically interested in why Bellamy, after 12 months at the club, has already done enough to be a LEGEND.....

Summerbee, Bell, Doyle, Tuert, Corrigan, Whitey, Dickov etc... those are City legends. Why is Bellamy now on the same level? What has he done?

Some players can become legends in some eyes very quickly on. Ali Bernarbia? Who in all realism was a success in Div 1 and very average in the prem.

Its the work ethic mixed with pure talent and passion for the city cause. I think he will be fondly remembered here forever and that is enough to be a legend in some eyes.
Original Dub

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Some players can become legends in some eyes very quickly on. Ali Bernarbia? Who in all realism was a success in Div 1 and very average in the prem.

Its the work ethic mixed with pure talent and passion for the city cause. I think he will be fondly remembered here forever and that is enough to be a legend in some eyes.

OK fair enough. I just feel it is way over the top to be describing Bellamy as a legend for city. He hasn't earned that title in my opinion. BTW I'm not anti-Bellamy, never have been. But a legend ?
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum