Can the REAL Stephen Ireland please stand up?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Can the REAL Stephen Ireland please stand up?

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 pm

[youtube]1HRph2r9wqI[/youtube]

What the fuck happened to this lad?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Re: Can the REAL Stephen Ireland please stand up?

Postby eastlandsblue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:47 pm

being played on the right doesnt help, hes a creative midfielder. We'd see the real Stevie if he played bhind the front 2
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Geo123 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Could this not have gone into the Ireland and Given thread or the Ireland to Rags thread! Or do we need a new thread on the same player everyday
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Geo123 wrote:Could this not have gone into the Ireland and Given thread or the Ireland to Rags thread! Or do we need a new thread on the same player everyday

No it couldn't.

I tried it but always got an error message that said "I am sorry but this post really needs its own thread".
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Dazzacity » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Yep, needed its own thread..

We need this Ireland to start playing again!!
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Stephen Ireland has no adaptability to his game. He cannot do a job in any other position other than his preferred attacking midfield role.

Unless he plays in that position, its a waste of time him being on the pitch at all. Ireland struggled badly under Sven's 4-4-2 system. Mancini is playing the same system hence the downturn in form.

He was also poor under Hughes though this season. This was because we played 4-3-3 and Tevez does the Ireland role in the 4-3-3 system.

Bascially, he's screwed at our club at the mo due to the current formations and his lack of adaptability to playing right midfield or centre midfield.

He also needs to cut out the one-touch football. It's like he thinks there is a rule that you are not allowed to touch it more than once.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm

imagine:

--------NDJ-----
SWP--------Johnson
-------Ireland-----
--RSC/Ade---Tev

we'd see the best of stevie there imo, however i don't think there is a chance Mancio will play that setup.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I really want Stevie to find his form more than anything

Remember that interview he did pledging the rest of his career to us

Just want the lad to do well.
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Crossie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Some of it is position and role, that led to confidence going missing.

Did you see the effort in his run for the 2nd goal against Everton? We is that Steven Ireland? He knew making that run would end in a goal. One of the UEFA cup games against one of the German teams where he played an 80 yard 1-2 was pure Ireland.

I wish we could play the diamond and tell Tevez to run the channels and wings rather than falling in behind Adebayor.

We need Ireland in form and confident to be a more complete team. Mancini hasnt seen the Ireland Hughes saw. I just pray we dont sell him
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Vhero » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Noticed in most of them goals he does a lot of running on the ball. Lately he seems to be just passing it off straight away like he's lost all his confidence. I noticed this in the Portsmouth match every-time he got the ball he would instantly pass it out. Of course one led to a cracking goal but the points still there. He seems to have lost confidence for whatever reason OR another theory he bulked up again mid season so maybe he did a Micah? Though the confidence seems more plausible.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:08 pm

If we had a settled team with ireland given a run in the side, I have no doubt her would start to pick out the exceptional passes just like the Adebayor one against Porstmouth. The problem is not Ireland, its the system and the unsettled nature of continually playing people out of position that is starting to be our downfall. We got away with it early doors, now its just laughable.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby petrov » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:10 pm

i'll personally drive the cunt to old trafford myself...... (well it worked last time.....)

Stevie will come good again. He's a good player.
petrov
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:14 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Stephen Ireland has no adaptability to his game. He cannot do a job in any other position other than his preferred attacking midfield role.

Unless he plays in that position, its a waste of time him being on the pitch at all. Ireland struggled badly under Sven's 4-4-2 system. Mancini is playing the same system hence the downturn in form.

He was also poor under Hughes though this season. This was because we played 4-3-3 and Tevez does the Ireland role in the 4-3-3 system.

Bascially, he's screwed at our club at the mo due to the current formations and his lack of adaptability to playing right midfield or centre midfield.

He also needs to cut out the one-touch football. It's like he thinks there is a rule that you are not allowed to touch it more than once.

Cant believe you say that MRM thats how top class players should be playing all the time. Dont dwell on the ball keep it moving and keep moving youself. He would look better than fabregas if he played in the arsenal team as they know how to pass the ball and move. Players like barry and de jong just slow the play down. We have too many players who like to play the ball backwards and sideways. There is only stephen ireland and id say tevez who can pass the ball forward without giving it away.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm

I refer the OP to the reply I gave in several other Ireland threads in the last 48 hours....
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 pm

I don't know what's happened. I do wish people would give him a bit more time though.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:05 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:I don't know what's happened. I do wish people would give him a bit more time though.

WE WERE OVERRUN IN MIDFIELD - AGAIN.
I THINK A SPELL IN THE RESERVES IS THE RUN THAT HE NEEDS........THIS MONTH IS FUCKING CRUCIAL TO WHERE WE WILL END UP AND PLAYERS THAT HAVE NOT CUT IT OVER THE LAST MONTH OR SO NEED TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE MAIN STARTING 11.

HAVING SAID THAT SUPERMAN IS NOT ON HIS OWN...BARRY CAN JOIN HIM.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:21 pm

We've sacrificed some of the free flowing football in some games this season because our defenders aren't good enough to cope without extra protection, so the whole team has to be more mindful of defensive duties. We still lost stupid goals so now we've gone further down that route. That, allied to a drop in energy levels has affected Ireland more than most. Perhaps Vieira may help push him on.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:11 am

the lad has got a brilliant football brain. the pass to bridge for example on saturday when he played him through was absolute perfection. thats where he should be, not on the fucking wing. i think he is integral and right now id start sacrificing barry and putting ireland in that attacking midfield role.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:36 am

I'm getting pretty sick of people getting on our players' backs on here to be honest.

We are all fucking frustrated at the moment but some of you are acting like prize tools. Ireland will come good in a settled side, Given is not shit (albeit not perfect), Boyata is a fucking kid with 5 games top flight experience.

I'd love to see how some of you would react if your work was publically critiqued in the same way
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 am

ant london wrote:I'm getting pretty sick of people getting on our players' backs on here to be honest.

We are all fucking frustrated at the moment but some of you are acting like prize tools. Ireland will come good in a settled side, Given is not shit (albeit not perfect), Boyata is a fucking kid with 5 games top flight experience.

I'd love to see how some of you would react if your work was publically critiqued in the same way

For them wages every fucking week mate I would shrug it off! I'm sure he doesn't have trouble sleeping on 70k a week or whatever he is on. That will pay for whatever you need to "relax" :p.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum