Says it all really.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Says it all really.

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Which bit do you disagree with, Hughes pissing in the wind since xmas 08, or Robinho leaving 4 weeks after Mancini arrived in order to play more games before the world cup?

Otherwise Mancini had told him he would play every other game but lets not have facts get in the way of yet another tedious attempt to discredit the previous management.

You have missed the point completely. I was to some extent actually defending Hughes with my original post, as I felt right from the very start there was another agenda with Robinho. I can't accept that Hughes was so stupid as to play Robinho week after excruciating week, especially after he did his disappearing act unless there was another agenda at play. You only have to look at the sponsorship all over Robinho on Sunday to work out what that could have been.

It wouldnt have been the first time we played someone purely for commercial reasons.

However, you chose to point out that the management felt that Robinho would come good eventually. If true, then that is as damning indictment of Hughes' tenure as you can get, because in the last calendar year, he was fucking dreadful - and it was an embarrassment he kept getting picked, now if he wasnt being leaned on which is my preferred theory and gives some credit to Hughes, Hughes WAS pissing in the wind and hoping for the best - you can't have it both ways.

Mancini seems to have addressed the problem immediately. As you say, he told the little spoiled shit he would only get a game every other week, because he doesn't believe the player deserves a place on merit, a view shared and supported by what appears to be the vast majority on here.

Defending Hughes my arse. Is that the same majority who slaughtered Hughes for 'not getting the best out of him' & were saying what a fantastic player he'd be in Mancini's Barcelona like system? That majority?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Which bit do you disagree with, Hughes pissing in the wind since xmas 08, or Robinho leaving 4 weeks after Mancini arrived in order to play more games before the world cup?

Otherwise Mancini had told him he would play every other game but lets not have facts get in the way of yet another tedious attempt to discredit the previous management.

You have missed the point completely. I was to some extent actually defending Hughes with my original post, as I felt right from the very start there was another agenda with Robinho. I can't accept that Hughes was so stupid as to play Robinho week after excruciating week, especially after he did his disappearing act unless there was another agenda at play. You only have to look at the sponsorship all over Robinho on Sunday to work out what that could have been.

It wouldnt have been the first time we played someone purely for commercial reasons.

However, you chose to point out that the management felt that Robinho would come good eventually. If true, then that is as damning indictment of Hughes' tenure as you can get, because in the last calendar year, he was fucking dreadful - and it was an embarrassment he kept getting picked, now if he wasnt being leaned on which is my preferred theory and gives some credit to Hughes, Hughes WAS pissing in the wind and hoping for the best - you can't have it both ways.

Mancini seems to have addressed the problem immediately. As you say, he told the little spoiled shit he would only get a game every other week, because he doesn't believe the player deserves a place on merit, a view shared and supported by what appears to be the vast majority on here.

Defending Hughes my arse. Is that the same majority who slaughtered Hughes for 'not getting the best out of him' & were saying what a fantastic player he'd be in Mancini's Barcelona like system? That majority?

Can't comment on that mate, I dont recall that.

I do recall this 14 page thread recently though, with a general consensus that he should leave, which would suggest that a big majority on here do support Mancini's view that Robbie doesnt deserve a place in the team.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=29795

I thought it was an unusually harmonious thread all things considered, possibly the one with the biggest consensus perversely since the day Robbie signed and we were all on cloud 9.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Mute point , I thik the previous management were very good at discrediting themselves without our help.

I think johnpb78 is quite right in his assessment. It looks like Mancini won't tolerate wasters and although I like Robinho, with the rubbish that he now appears to be spouting out is not doing himself any favours.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Mute point , I thik the previous management were very good at discrediting themselves without our help.

Strange you feel the need to offer so much of it then especially so long after they've gone.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Strange you feel the need to offer so much of it then especially so long after they've gone.

Not really Ted. I didn't care for Hughes and his cohorts ever.

However, It does seem odd that all of a sudden everyday in the Media either someone is having a go at Robinho, or they
are having a dig at the club. His comment about Mancini if true, wasn't actually that bad.

However, I do think that Mancini since arriving, appears to be very even handed with all the squad. He's not restricted anybody from the opportunity of playing ( so far !) and furthermore he's told the players what he expects to see on the pitch. It appears that Robinho isn't willing to work that way for Mancini.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Strange you feel the need to offer so much defence to a manager who was sacked so long after he has gone

Edit to say: If you look back through my posts since Hughes has gone, I dont think you will find me criticising him very often. I even went to far recently to say that I can look back quite fondly at the memories of early last season in particular as being a vital part of the journey we are now on.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Good to see we can still turn everything into a Clueless debate.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beeks » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Slim wrote:Good to see we can still turn everything into a Clueless debate.

Beat me to it...I never speak ill of the deceased
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Fucking bizarre this mate, I think I am caught up in a parrallel reality with Ted here, I have even lost the gist of what we are arguing about.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Aye but the burning question is, was clueless in charge, or is cluless in charge now? :)
Original Dub

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Aye but the burning question is, was clueless in charge, or is cluless in charge now? :)

This next 6 months is gonna be fucking horrendous on here if it all goes tits up.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:

But we can only judge Mancini over the course of a full season, after he has had a couple of transfer windows. Sorry, I know there was about 246 excuses you had for Clueless but they all sort of blended into a low pitch annoying hum after a while.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Slim wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

But we can only judge Mancini over the course of a full season, after he has had a couple of transfer windows. Sorry, I know there was about 246 excuses you had for Clueless but they all sort of blended into a low pitch annoying hum after a while.

so did your whinging about him being not good enough after a couple of months.

Kettle and pots.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:21 pm

You know what, I have decided that I want Hughes' attacking, Mancini's defending and Robbie's skilful grace!

Am I a fool for believing we can have it all? (No throwing Snickers now)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:You know what, I have decided that I want Hughes' attacking, Mancini's defending and Robbie's skilful grace!

Baconface is your man
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:20 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:You know what, I have decided that I want Hughes' attacking, Mancini's defending and Robbie's skilful grace!

Baconface is your man

You could be right, so who's the upcoming Brandy Nosed Baconfaced McTavish?

I've noticed Mancio is looking a bit red on the nose, does sound a little Scottish (well, none English anyway) and has an M and a C in his name!!! Mmmmmm, he could be the man afterall?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby eastlands-lostboy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:26 pm

He should be ashamed of himself. Latest from Mark Bowen is that "he was not up to the job"
My wife says " You only support City because they keep going down on you"
eastlands-lostboy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:07 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Strange you feel the need to offer so much defence to a manager who was sacked so long after he has gone

Edit to say: If you look back through my posts since Hughes has gone, I dont think you will find me criticising him very often. I even went to far recently to say that I can look back quite fondly at the memories of early last season in particular as being a vital part of the journey we are now on.

Didn't mean you.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum