Says it all really.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Says it all really.

Postby Lee_R » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:52 am

This is actually how I feel about the lad.. time for us to flip it off and move on, we are more than this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: Says it all really.

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 am

Lee_R wrote:This is actually how I feel about the lad.. time for us to flip it off and move on, we are more than this.

Definitely better that he stays there, and we get Neymar in exchange. Nobody in Europe will buy him anyway, those few who could afford him won't want him, so we better make an exchange deal and get Neymar, maybe he will be of a different mould than Robinho.

On a side note, I've seen the video of his goal and while it is a good back-heel, he was left completely alone few steps from goal, which would never happen in Europe, and the whole team move was given a lot of time and space to develop, again something that won't happen here. How can he be happy to play in such a low standard legaue, I don't know.

As back-heels go, this is way more difficult imho as Okaka has the defender right on top of him, but he still scored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGL02WXCb8

Then there is one from our current manager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GA1O3HWB6s

And one from Mancini (the brazilian player) in the Roman derby some seasons ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY74nKUj ... re=related

All of them are imho much better than Robinho's exactly because all of them are done with defenders marking the player who does it, thus making the backheel much more difficult.

Europe is where real football is, Robson.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:08 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Lee_R wrote:This is actually how I feel about the lad.. time for us to flip it off and move on, we are more than this.

Definitely better that he stays there, and we get Neymar in exchange. Nobody in Europe will buy him anyway, those few who could afford him won't want him, so we better make an exchange deal and get Neymar, maybe he will be of a different mould than Robinho.

On a side note, I've seen the video of his goal and while it is a good back-heel, he was left completely alone few steps from goal, which would never happen in Europe, and the whole team move was given a lot of time and space to develop, again something that won't happen here. How can he be happy to play in such a low standard legaue, I don't know.

As back-heels go, this is way more difficult imho as Okaka has the defender right on top of him, but he still scored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGL02WXCb8

Then there is one from our current manager:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GA1O3HWB6s

And one from Mancini (the brazilian player) in the Roman derby some seasons ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY74nKUj ... re=related

All of them are imho much better than Robinho's exactly because all of them are done with defenders marking the player who does it, thus making the backheel much more difficult.

Europe is where real football is, Robson.

Excuse me for being a little bit pessimistic about Robi's goal but the defending was so poor that somehow I had the feeling the defence had been 'bought' for that goal, they were really poor and shoddy. not even running. Perhaps they thought he was offside ( the pass was only just a backpass).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:21 am

zuricity wrote:Excuse me for being a little bit pessimistic about Robi's goal but the defending was so poor that somehow I had the feeling the defence had been 'bought' for that goal, they were really poor and shoddy. not even running. Perhaps they thought he was offside ( the pass was only just a backpass).

Nah, mate, they weren't bought imho. It's the standard defending of the Brazilian league, everytime I've seen videos of goals scored in that league the defences have always looked very, very poor. I've to say I thought he was offside too for a moment though, then realize he was behind the ball so he was onside.
CityFanFromRome

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 am

Is it me being dense or does anyone else not understand what that last line is all about???

As part of the Robinho loan deal, City acquired a first option on forward Neymar and 20-year-old playmaker Paulo Henrique Ganso, who both impressed against Sao Paulo.

Neymar’s agent Wagner Ribeiro, who previously represented Robinho, is understood to have already informally spoken to Chelsea and Real Madrid about a move when the time is right, but Santos insiders expect City to make a move after the World Cup.

Although the £44m buy-out clause in his contract is prohibitive, the price can soon tumble if an extended deal for Robinho is up for grabs. Perhaps then Robinho can get comfortable as the King of the Pharmacies.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 am

ant london wrote:Is it me being dense or does anyone else not understand what that last line is all about???

Although the £44m buy-out clause in his contract is prohibitive, the price can soon tumble if an extended deal for Robinho is up for grabs. Perhaps then Robinho can get comfortable as the King of the Pharmacies.

I think it refers to both Pele and robinho's nicknames (The King for Pele, The King of Stepovers for Robson) and to the fact that Pele's image has been used for advertising over a pharmacy.
CityFanFromRome

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
ant london wrote:Is it me being dense or does anyone else not understand what that last line is all about???

I think it refers to both Pele and robinho's nicknames (The King for Pele, The King of Stepovers for Robson) and to the fact that Pele's image has been used for advertising over a pharmacy.

Yep, that's what it's referring to but no doubt the other will start to apply as he chucks his career down the toilet..

I posted on another thread that the defending looked worse than just shite to me & when you read the details about how much sponsorship has come in because of Robinho, I don't think the brown envelope can be easily dismissed. There's shite defending & there's letting someone score & it looked suspiciously like the latter.

His comments/lies about coaches in Europe sending out forwards 'just to run' say it all really. It's ok for Messi, Henry, Zidane, Bergkamp etc but his creativity can't shine? In reality he means 'when I give the ball away I expect to loaf around until I get it back'. Learn to score from free kicks then & have an impact like Ronaldinhio did you lazy little shite!

Unfortunately, from what I've seen, Neymar looks like a not as good version of Robinho but perhaps his attitude is better?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Unfortunately, from what I've seen, Neymar looks like a not as good version of Robinho but perhaps his attitude is better?

customary youtube video here ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRPgBg5QYo
CityFanFromRome

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:08 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

customary youtube video here ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kRPgBg5QYo

Yep, very similar to Robinho. Small, tricky, lightweight, no evidence of being able to win a game with a free kick etc. How do we know he's any better than Nery Castillo for instance?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby pears12 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am

yeah Robinho always seemed half-arsed to me like flashes of brilliance now and then and some good goals but when it came time to get stuck in a defend like life depended on it he disappeared. For a while it looked like he wanted to put in a shift as a winger but then other-times you saw he wasn't even out there..as for European coaches just telling players to run and run all day it is just flat out a lie. I mean look at Barcelona there whole game is based upon passing and running at defenders it not hoof and run after the ball.

I think Robinho got put off that English defenders actually marked him and put tackles in when it clear that scoring is only part of game worth doing in Brazilian. If Europe is such a bad place to play football just don't come back
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby psut1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Did Pele not recently say Robi was not that good just showed promise when he was young yet now he is the second bleedin coming
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Svensational wrote:Robinho was never up for it says Bowen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 505602.stm

Nice one to put the boot in the Mark, however it begs the question, if he wasnt upto it why did the Taffia keep picking him. There a numerous players in our squad who could have given a better account of themselves even if played out of position on the left.

I have always been suspicious that for a large chunk of last season Hughes was TOLD to play Robinho, and Bowen saying this (athough sounds like a bit of sour grapes it has a ring of truth to it) reveals that either there were instructions he had to play, or our management were crassly stupid.

Although I didnt like them, I'm sure Hughes & co aint stupid, which leaves one other option............................

Which is a truly frightening prospect
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:15 pm

johnpb78 wrote:

Nice one to put the boot in the Mark, however it begs the question, if he wasnt upto it why did the Taffia keep picking him.

And the answer from the same interview: "We always felt he could possibly blossom and get used to the Premier League but he wasn't really up to the week in week out challenges."

Seems fairly clear to me.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Nice one to put the boot in the Mark, however it begs the question, if he wasnt upto it why did the Taffia keep picking him.

And the answer from the same interview: "We always felt he could possibly blossom and get used to the Premier League but he wasn't really up to the week in week out challenges."

And how long do you give it before you are pissing in the wind?

It took Mancini about 4 weeks.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:33 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Who the fuck are you trying to kid with that comment?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

Who the fuck are you trying to kid with that comment?

Que?

Which bit do you disagree with, Hughes pissing in the wind since xmas 08, or Robinho leaving 4 weeks after Mancini arrived in order to play more games before the world cup?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:51 pm

I was no fan of Hughes, but when a new owner comes in with a gift wrapped present of Britain's most expensive signing, it's a bit difficult to say thanks, but no thanks. Mancini on the other hand has been picked by the owners, for however long, and was therefore in a stronger position to say he's a waste of space.

Mancini also talked Robinho up when he first arrived and he still didn't put in a performance, so good riddance. Thanks for the memories and the YouTube clips, but week in and out, you weren't up to it. As he seems to dislike European football so much, perhaps he'd like to give up the European wages as well? Thought not.

I really enjoyed seeing him when he was up for it pre-Christmas last season and his chip against Arsenal was one of the best goals I have seen from a City player, but I hope he never disgraces the City shirt again.

Looking forward to the World Cup and getting to watch de Jong, Zabaleta or Richards show him what they thought of his performances.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:56 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Which bit do you disagree with, Hughes pissing in the wind since xmas 08, or Robinho leaving 4 weeks after Mancini arrived in order to play more games before the world cup?

Otherwise Mancini had told him he would play every other game but lets not have facts get in the way of yet another tedious attempt to discredit the previous management.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
Que?

Otherwise Mancini had told him he would play every other game but lets not have facts get in the way of yet another tedious attempt to discredit the previous management.

You have missed the point completely. I was to some extent actually defending Hughes with my original post, as I felt right from the very start there was another agenda with Robinho. I can't accept that Hughes was so stupid as to play Robinho week after excruciating week, especially after he did his disappearing act unless there was another agenda at play. You only have to look at the sponsorship all over Robinho on Sunday to work out what that could have been.

It wouldnt have been the first time we played someone purely for commercial reasons.

However, you chose to point out that the management felt that Robinho would come good eventually. If true, then that is as damning indictment of Hughes' tenure as you can get, because in the last calendar year he was fucking dreadful, not weeks, not months, not even a few months, a full year - and it was an embarrassment he kept getting picked, now if he wasnt being leaned on which is my preferred theory and gives some credit to Hughes, Hughes WAS pissing in the wind and hoping for the best - you can't have it both ways.

Mancini seems to have addressed the problem immediately. As you say, he told the little spoiled shit he would only get a game every other week, because he doesn't believe the player deserves a place on merit, a view shared and supported by what appears to be the vast majority on here.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue2 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:34 pm

Robinho - highly skilled but a prima donna whimp - get fuclin rid permanently.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum