Trippier the Tyke

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Trippier the Tyke

Postby ant london » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:34 pm

for a month

excellent news, I'd like him to stay there for the rest of the season with an option for us to recall if necessary if I'm perfectly honest. He'll get games there and that's what he needs if he's to get chance to prove himself

Kieran Tripper has begun a month's loan with Championship play-off hopefuls Barnsley, who have a key match at rivals Middlesbrough tonight.

The versatile right-sided player, 19, has yet to make his senior competitive debut for City but impressed in the prestige friendly against Barcelona at the Nou Camp in August.

Tripper, who played a key role in the 2007-08 FA Youth Cup-winning team, has been capped by England at Under-18 and Under-19 level.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Re: Trippier the Tyke

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:37 pm

I thought he looked pretty woeful in the youth world cup last year. Hopefully he'll get some good experience in competitive matches but I am worried that his development isn't at the point where we can just send him out for game time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:50 pm

When watching the FA youth cup winning team play I said that Trippier and Weiss will be first team players for us. However, since then he has not developed much at all and I'm thinking he may just reach Championship level ala Ched Evans.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:03 pm

I think it's what he needs. His brother is playing for Oldham so I thought he might go there, saying that though they both play right back. And he's already said he'd play for Bury but they couldn't afford his wages. So I guess it's what he wanted himself.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Vhero » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:05 pm

All these youngsters coming through at the wrong time for the club really as we don't have the time to give them first team action. Boyata was lucky due to circumstance.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:14 pm

Agree that he's nowhere near lived up to the promise he showed in the Youth team where he looked a tremendous prospect imo poss as a midfielder. What I found disturbing was the donkeylike performance of all our youngsters bar Nimely in the England team. They couldn't pass water. Nerves or England coaching methods? Hardly any have performed since.

Watching him v Liverpool reserves, whilst the rest of City's team were trying to pass & move, Trippier was taking a step back & hoofing the ball down the channel like he'd been possessed by David Moyes. He used to pass & move with the best & was a really intelligent footbaler so why is he suddenly the odd one out? Is it all our England lads who've gone backwards?

He really needs something so hopefully this will get him playing again. Otherwise he's had it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bobadji » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:39 pm

I quite like Trippier and thought he could make it at a decent level. I haven't seen him since the world youth cup were the whole England team was awful, but hopefully he does decent at Barnsley.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Mark Robins praised Kieran Trippier's performance after the on-loan teenager made his Barnsley debut against Middlesbrough.

Trippier was signed on a month's loan from Manchester City ahead of Tuesday's 2-1 defeat at Boro and started the match at right-back.

He was replaced late in the second half by Iain Hume as Barnsley pushed for an equaliser, but Robins was happy with the 19-year-old's display.

"I thought Keiran came in and had an outstanding debut," Robins told the club's official website.

"I thought he did really well in what was a below-par first-half performance."

The England youth international was brought in by the Tykes due to a suspension to Ryan Shotton, and injuries to Bobby Hassell and Rob Kozluk.

Trippier has yet to make a competitive appearance for City, but he was a member of the England squad at last year's Under-20 World Cup.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby stockportblue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Best thing for him.Watching the under 18s last year I would have made him the player with the best chance of playing at first team level.As other people have said he doesnt seem to have developed much this year when playing for England or our reserves.From the Barnsley match report playing in the championship looks to have given him the boost he obviously needed.

ps Donal Mcdermott was man of the match for Scunthorpe on saturday
stockportblue
Danny Mills' Wages

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: stephen ireland

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:52 pm

stockportblue wrote:Best thing for him.Watching the under 18s last year I would have made him the player with the best chance of playing at first team level.As other people have said he doesnt seem to have developed much this year when playing for England or our reserves.From the Barnsley match report playing in the championship looks to have given him the boost he obviously needed.

ps Donal Mcdermott was man of the match for Scunthorpe on saturday

I would agree with that. very much in the thinking for an early first team chance and then went off the boil.This should be great for him.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum