Premier League Games (09/2/10 - 10/2/10)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Premier League Games (09/2/10 - 10/2/10)

Postby shawzy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 am

PMSL.. Those spud fans on that site are crazy.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby john68 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:08 am

DOPPED POINTS LEAGUE

Chelsea.....dropped 20pts
the rags....dropped 21pts

Arsenal.....dropped 26pts
CITY........dropped 28pts

Villa.........dropped 33pts
L'Pool.......dropped 34pts
Spurs.......dropped 35pts

What a great night...far better than we could have dreamed...and nani getting sent off....aaaaaaw!!!!!!! Taggart made me laugh when told nani missed the final, he said..."Huh! I didn't know that"...:-) He does now.

Well, we're still only 2pts off 3rd place and 5pts clear of Villa behind us.
Who said we couldn't make 4th....we're in the driving seat and they gotta take it off us.
Who said we couldn't make 3rd...just another little push and it's only 2 pts. We can do that.
Who said we couldn't make 2nd...7pts ain't that big a gap. The rags hhave their hands full with CL games and they still gotta play on our middin...Oh ye of little faith.
...and what about another wobble from Chelsea?....We're only 8 pts short and are they really as secure as they would like to think?

The great thing is that the media tonight spoke of Spurs ending their challenge. Liverpool's challenge having a stutter, Villa maybe not quite being good enough,,,but nobody...NOBODY even mentioned City...Just like 1968, we are the invisible team...NO PRESSURE AT ALL.
...we did it then we can do it now.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dazby » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:20 am

I love these posts John.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby HeyMark » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:51 am

Hahaha these spurs fans are more depressing than you lot!
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby john68 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 am

Cheers Dazzler.
WE CAN WIN THIS...Not saying we will but if I was Mancini, I'd die trying...and I wouldn't be aiming for 4th.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:24 am

john68 wrote:Cheers Dazzler.
WE CAN WIN THIS...Not saying we will but if I was Mancini, I'd die trying...and I wouldn't be aiming for 4th.

We need to play well for that though, and we aren't at the moment. While i've said in many threads that so far winning is the only thing that matters I can't see us winning against Chelsea away if we play like this, nor against Arsenal at Emirates, and that would be a big obstacle to any thought of winning the title.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

nothing has made me feel better about humankind today than popping in there for a peak. Fantastic stuff. I liked this one best.

We are a bunch of one dimensional ****s. Harry has slowly turned us into a long ball team and we have totally gone against the system that has served us so well.

I said the moment we signed Crouch that he will be a bad buy, reason being he will always be a reason to go long. If we had Keane and Defoe upfront we would have to play football.

JJ and Palacios are in dire form. Both can't pass or score. Hudd can't score. Mod can't shoot. Niko can't score. Crouch is useless. Pav is never given a chance. Defoe is not superman. Lennon is injured. Bentley is trying. Bale is the only one who looks a threat.

We are shocking.

So it's not just as.

That makes hilarious read though. Especially as all of them seem to be in agreement that Bale is brilliant player. He is actually very poor imo. Can't defend to save his life.

About last night, apart from Chelsea result that was better than I could dream of. I was watching Arse-Scousepool and was left for hoping for that one more goal for Arsenal but at least they've won. after last night we are back on the race for top 4 and things are looking up again.

Thing is with all the predictors and predictions..... people, including me, tend to overvalue good teams and undervalue poor teams. There are going to be many more surprises, especially considering the race for top 4, before season is over.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:05 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
john68 wrote:Cheers Dazzler.

We need to play well for that though, and we aren't at the moment. While i've said in many threads that so far winning is the only thing that matters I can't see us winning against Chelsea away if we play like this, nor against Arsenal at Emirates, and that would be a big obstacle to any thought of winning the title.

Yes , I see your point about not winning. However away against Chelsea and Arsenal, the key is to not lose. That way, against those teams we will have picked up 4 from 6 points and also they would have dropped two more points each. As Cloughie used to the say, the game is played with your head (brains) not your feet. Psychological battles. Everyone looks at the table now and say, yeah , but City have two games in hand. This is why the cup run is so important. The more these games in hand get shoved over to the end of the season, the better chance we have because going into the last three weeks of the season , most teams know pretty much where they are going to finish, only those teams directly involved in the Title , the last europa cup spot and the last relegation spot are usually sweating it out. The game against Everton, could become meaningless for them but critical to us. We defeated Stoke with a solid performance at home earlier and on our large pitch we should win again on Saturday. This must give the team confidence going to stoke on wednesday ( just hide the towels !) .

As john68 mentioned earlier. being 'hidden' in the media discussons about title challenges, sometimes being ignored works to the advantage of city. No media pressure at all.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:32 am

Great results last night. "if we win our two in hand" ... we'll be on the heels of Arsenal.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 am

mr_nool wrote:Great results last night. "if we win our two in hand" ... we'll be on the heels of Arsenal.

I actually (in line with John's Invisible City them) love the fact that yesterday before Arsenal won the media were talking about the Gunners "keeping their title bid alive". If we get the six points in hand we are 2 points off them and we are only talked about in terms of us "maybe" making top 4. Hilarious. I'm happy for us to play the grey man in all this though

EDIT: Just heard on the radio some bookie from BetFred confirming that was are now firm favourites for 4th, ahead of Liverpool, Spuds, Villa etc
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum