MCFC vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MCFC vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

FFS how many free headers has knight had tonight?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Eat that all you moaners. We are inches away from top four and people are talking about 'Italian Stuart Pearce'. Embarrassing.

its been a fucking dreadful performance. had this been hughes in charge you'd be going absolutely mental!

top finish ade lad.

what the fuck has Hughes got to do with anything? i'm happy if we win even if we have Adolf fucking Hitler in charge. We just weren't winning games like this under Hughes.

Bit of a change to challenging for tenth spot.

you are calling everyone moaners but when he was in charge, when performances like this happened you were the biggest moaner on this site! this has been truly dire for the most part.

I moan when we drop points. You can't argue with results.

But I think it's quite clear now why I made the jokes about Hughester City, right? People can't even enjoy City wins anymore because we don't have a rag in charge. That's truly fucking sad state of affairs.

Personally I think that the day you stop enjoying seeing City who is time to call it a day. What's the point otherwise?

How are you still a fan then?
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby shawzy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Mike J wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Eat that all you moaners. We are inches away from top four and people are talking about 'Italian Stuart Pearce'. Embarrassing.

its been a fucking dreadful performance. had this been hughes in charge you'd be going absolutely mental!

top finish ade lad.

what the fuck has Hughes got to do with anything? i'm happy if we win even if we have Adolf fucking Hitler in charge. We just weren't winning games like this under Hughes.

Mh wud of won this game easily.Our MF is is a negative shambles.Big changes to be made when when we play any of the top 4 cuz were gonna get murdered otherwise...
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Slim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:FFS how many free headers has knight had tonight?

He was a monster tonight, they can't ALL just stand around and wait for us to win the game.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:42 pm

We're turning winning ugly into an art form, but 3 points is 3 points - I guess. Above Spuds now. Let's see what tomorrow night brings.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby xavi6 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Job done, even if it was a bit shit

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby david yearsley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Mike J wrote:
Mike J wrote:

top finish ade lad.

you are calling everyone moaners but when he was in charge, when performances like this happened you were the biggest moaner on this site! this has been truly dire for the most part.

But I think it's quite clear now why I made the jokes about Hughester City, right? People can't even enjoy City wins anymore because we don't have a rag in charge. That's truly fucking sad state of affairs.

Personally I think that the day you stop enjoying seeing City win is time to call it a day. What's the point otherwise?

You´ve got to admit though tonight was purgatory at times - I´m a happy chappie for all that
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Crossie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm

3 points clean sheet, I think ppl are just worried that we do not look convincing. Seems we are changing our style and still getting use to it. We have been set up as a counter attacking side for many years now, looks like thats changing.

Maybe we need to, who knows.

Johnson was the man tonight.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm

we should beat teams like bolton easy, but thats football and we won, but we need to do better and ffs all our players stop going into our pen area when other teams have a corner
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Esky » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Pompey salvage a last minute goal against 9 man Sunderland - Aruna Dindane of all people realising that he's meant to score when he has an open net.
Esky

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Important win! Important 3 points! Happy with that but we're still not playing well. We've not played well since the semi at the swamp and that is worrying!

Pluses = Johnson - looked a real talent, deserved MOM. Ran the Bolton defence ragged. Vieira, didnt play awfully well but good to see him get 90 minutes. Clean sheet. Good to see Lescott back on the pitch.

Negatives. Never got going. Very defensive line up at home against a poor side. Very disappointing team performance again. Pedestrian pace. Too often too slow on the break. Toure going off injured. SWP not really doing enough to show why he should be starting.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Mike J » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Mike J wrote:
Mike J wrote:

top finish ade lad.

Personally I think that the day you stop enjoying seeing City win is time to call it a day. What's the point otherwise?

im happy with the win but if performances and team selection dont improve then there is absolutely no chance we will break that top 4.
Mike J

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Watching two of the mods argue on here is like watching your mum and dad argue when you're a kid. You just know that you'll be the brunt of all that pent up anger at some point in the not too distant future

: (
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Patrick » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:48 pm

A great 3 points

But nothing like "a top 4 side"

Lets hope its the catalyst that starts the confidence we have seen from our players
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Fucking hell how tall is Zack Knight anyway? 3 meters???
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Bluez » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Crossie wrote:3 points clean sheet, I think ppl are just worried that we do not look convincing. Seems we are changing our style and still getting use to it. We have been set up as a counter attacking side for many years now, looks like thats changing.

Maybe we need to, who knows.

Johnson was the man tonight.

Probably the best assessment I've seen. The style is changing, we have loads of possession, but lots of sideways and backwards passing. Which at times can be a bit painful to watch. I lost count of the number of times I was screaming for a forward pass. We looked much better with SWP and AJ on the wings and I would like to see a bit more of that.

I guess they are printing up the "it's just like watching Italy" Shirts.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

Lovely 3 points and a clean sheet even though it was generally another dire performance. The worry is that we have put in performances like this away from home and it has just meant defeat so the game has to be upped for the next away game.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Bit of a change to challenging for tenth spot.[/quote]
you are calling everyone moaners but when he was in charge, when performances like this happened you were the biggest moaner on this site! this has been truly dire for the most part.[/quote]

Personally I think that the day you stop enjoying seeing City win is time to call it a day. What's the point otherwise?[/quote]

You´ve got to admit though tonight was purgatory at times - I´m a happy chappie for all that[/quote]

of course the performance left lot to be desired for and there's room for improvement but there were also sparkling individual efforts and a clean sheet.

I'm very happy. It just seems that there are lot of people who aren't.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Lovely 3 points and a clean sheet even though it was generally another dire performance. The worry is that we have put in performances like this away from home and it has just meant defeat so the game has to be upped for the next away game.

good summary.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby david yearsley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:54 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:what the fuck has Hughes got to do with anything? i'm happy if we win even if we have Adolf fucking Hitler in charge. We just weren't winning games like this under Hughes.

you are calling everyone moaners but when he was in charge, when performances like this happened you were the biggest moaner on this site! this has been truly dire for the most part.[/quote]

Personally I think that the day you stop enjoying seeing City win is time to call it a day. What's the point otherwise?[/quote]

You´ve got to admit though tonight was purgatory at times - I´m a happy chappie for all that[/quote]

of course the performance left lot to be desired for and there's room for improvement but there were also sparkling individual efforts and a clean sheet.

I'm very happy. It just seems that there are lot of people who aren't.[/quote]

Problem is mate with games like that my age is slowly catching up with my post count ;0
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum