MCFC vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MCFC vs Bolton Wanderers Match Thread

Postby gillie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:55 pm

I am happy with the 3 points but our performance was dire play like that against dippers and spuds and they will rip us a new one and thats a fact.We are too slow to break out of defence even when we are on top the first six minutes tonight we had 69% posession and created very little coz it took about 6 passes to get over the halfway line we are too slow at the moment.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:00 pm

I enjoyed that.
Thought they all played quite well except for PV.
Adam was great.
Compared to the last few games I thought that had moments of entertainment.
Ade's goal was brill.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:08 pm

It wasn't the greatest performance but 3 points is 3 points.

We looked unbalanced for most of the game when just had one winger on the pitch. When SWP came on, the shape of the side had more balance and Bolton had to contend with 2 wingers attacking them. Hopefully Mancini noticed this and will ensure we have 2 wide players playing in the future.

Great debut for Johnson.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:10 pm

OWEN COYLE post match interview
Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge

Your team are a fucking bunch of thugs and long ball cloggers, FUCKOFF

ALSO SKY CAN FUCKOFF

We go 1-0 up and all they can talk about is Mancini has never drawn and Bolton have only got one point all season after going behind, every comment is them praying and trying to tempt fate against us. Andy gray is a wanker, crying all game for a penalty for bolton.

FUCKOFF GRAY your a CUNT, IAIN DARKE is a clueless twat that knows fuckall apart from whats written on the piece of paper in front of him, clueless CUNT. RICHARD KEYS is just a cock sucking bellend who should fuckoff and live in the jungle with the rest of his chimpanzee mates, he is a PROPER CUNT.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:OWEN COYLE post match interview
Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge Blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge

ALSO SKY CAN FUCKOFF

We go 1-0 up and all they can talk about is Mancini has never drawn and Bolton have only got one point all season after going behind, every comment is them praying and trying to tempt fate against us. Andy gray is a wanker, crying all game for a penalty for bolton.

FUCKOFF GRAY your a CUNT, IAIN DARKE is a clueless twat that knows fuckall apart from whats written on the piece of paper in front of him, clueless CUNT. RICHARD KEYS is just a cock sucking bellend who should fuckoff and live in the jungle with the rest of his chimpanzee mates, he is a PROPER CUNT.

VERY GOOD RANT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby david yearsley » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ALSO SKY CAN FUCKOFF

VERY GOOD RANT.

Indeed - it was almost CARLESQUE ;p
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby walmai » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Just what Dr West Ham ordered. Perfect.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:21 pm

ALSO SKY CAN FUCKOFF

Depends if it synchs correctly but turning the Sky sound off and putting Key 103 on is far better on the ears.. cant listen to Sky commentary... or any of the English channels for that matter
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:22 pm

ALSO SKY CAN FUCKOFF

andy Gray has moaned about us for as long as I can remember. Hates us guts.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby halnone » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:24 pm

the 3 pts is all that matters
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:26 pm

That was fantastic football. Every decision the manager made was spot on. Fantastic entertainment. Top four here we come. Vieira and Nige will terrify the Prem.Really. I promise.Alright, I didn't watch it. I was asleep after ten minutes and when I woke up we had won. SoI bet that was fan tastic football, etc
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:That was fantastic football. Every decision the manager made was spot on. Fantastic entertainment. Top four here we come. Vieira and Nige will terrify the Prem.Really. I promise.Alright, I didn't watch it. I was asleep after ten minutes and when I woke up we had won. SoI bet that was fan tastic football, etc

It's a shame mate, you missed Ade's terrific goal ;)

Seriously though...not great football, too much pressure from Bolton, but... MCFC 2 Bolton 0 at full tim, 3 points gained, job done, and that's what really matters.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Overall, we started off well, dropped too deep after about 20 which gave them hope, scored a penalty then didn't really look like losing afterwards.

The set-up is what we have to get used to until Mancio gets either his own players in, or he gets the current players playing how he wants. Personally, I don't understand the caution but it was a far better game than Pompey and Hull and maybe we can move on from this with a lot of positives. Remember, we need to beat Stoke on the way to Wembley!

PS. It was good to read from the start and see how things developed. Just like being at the match ha ha
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 pm

i thought we were shite for long periods of the game. however, we did enough to get past a pretty spirited and by no means lacking in quality bulltown side.

having said that if we play like that against spuds or scouse1, we will get murdered.
The Man In Blue

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Shit boring tactics again, but we got the 3 points so I'm happy with that. We'll get murdered bu half-decent opposition though if we don't start to improve dramatically.

Just like to add I thought Zabaleta was brilliant tonight but maybe not getting the praise he deserves cos all the shine is on Johnson.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:16 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Shit boring tactics again, but we got the 3 points so I'm happy with that. We'll get murdered bu half-decent opposition though if we don't start to improve dramatically.

Just like to add I thought Zabaleta was brilliant tonight but maybe not getting the praise he deserves cos all the shine is on Johnson.

Thought Zaba had a good game as well, but then again I though Bridge had a very good game, but he got brought off again and Bazza had to cover 4 different positions.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 am

Just watching the play-back and seen that Robinson took SWP out which he got a yellow. I'm sure it was him who handled it just outside the area off Ade where the ref gave nothing. Usually I would care but this was what I thought happened at the time and thought he'd see a red and a free-kick in a very good position, yet Gray and Co (the boxing commentator) keep quiet, change the subject and there is no replay (which Sky ALWAYS do).

Absolute bollox and for me, goes to show real intent by the Sky Mafia that is ru[strike]i[/strike]nning football!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:41 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Just watching the play-back and seen that Robinson took SWP out which he got a yellow. I'm sure it was him who handled it just outside the area off Ade where the ref gave nothing. Usually I would care but this was what I thought happened at the time and thought he'd see a red and a free-kick in a very good position, yet Gray and Co (the boxing commentator) keep quiet, change the subject and there is no replay (which Sky ALWAYS do).

Absolute bollox and for me, goes to show real intent by the Sky Mafia that is ru[strike]i[/strike]nning football!

about 20 mins in gray says" manchester city not really threatening, as i say the crowd are quit(you can clearly hear 'cum on city' over him talking) i think there still a bit anxious from...a bit nervy as i say a bit hungover from that defeat against united"

Him and sky are tossers
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:59 am

Although not the inspired performance I was hoping for, I thought we went halfway to getting out of the recent rut tonight. Bolton were much much better than Portsmouth & we needed to be 50% better to beat them, which although fairly dull, we were.

It may be enough to beat Stoke, perhaps even away but we still need a lot more if we're to worry Spurs & Liverpool. We potentially have that available though & showed occasional glimmers of football tonight. Also if we can get RSC into the squad, Johnson is just the bloke to feed him like Bentley did, which gives us a really dangerous plan B that we've never had before, that no opponent has had chance to look at & work out a defence against.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dingus McDouchey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:36 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:That was fantastic football. Every decision the manager made was spot on. Fantastic entertainment. Top four here we come. Vieira and Nige will terrify the Prem.Really. I promise.Alright, I didn't watch it. I was asleep after ten minutes and when I woke up we had won. SoI bet that was fan tastic football, etc

just watch the tevez penalty. it sums the game up very well.
we put in a pretty poor effort, but it was enough to get us over the goaline.
Berbatov wins golden boot, spends following season on the bench while his team loses title on goal difference. Well played, Fergie.
Dingus McDouchey
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum