ADEBAYOR ANALYSIS THREAD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ADEBAYOR ANALYSIS THREAD

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:21 am

......what a fantastic take down and goal that was, I need to change my hero status!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:23 am

Good goal, I was actually screaming at him though when he tried to run into johnson instead of getting into the fucking box and remember hes the centre forward.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Geo123 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:25 am

I for one am getting very worried about the tevez ade partnership, they train together every day and yet don't seem to know each other exist on the field. Its fine against the weaker teams because there will be defensive laps and easy chances like tonight but bigger teams don't make these makes. Don't know how long the gaffer can turn a blind eye to this
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:40 am

Geo123 wrote:I for one am getting very worried about the tevez ade partnership, they train together every day and yet don't seem to know each other exist on the field. Its fine against the weaker teams because there will be defensive laps and easy chances like tonight but bigger teams don't make these makes. Don't know how long the gaffer can turn a blind eye to this

Agree. Adebayor scored a great goal. Almost offside ! He had been blown up for offside at least four times previously.

Apart from that that he did sweet fa. Teves runs around chasing the play down like crazy

I don't think it will work and I think that Teves will stay as a forward. Perhaps with Bellamy ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Sheikhermaker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 am

I found it pretty frustrating when Ade went on the overlap for Johnson on the right side when he should clearly be getting in the box. Somebody posted the other day that he and Tevez don't complement each other as one drops deep and the other works the flanks, watching that tonight I think you are bang on. That finish was sublime though, again.
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:54 am

zuricity wrote:
Geo123 wrote:I for one am getting very worried about the tevez ade partnership, they train together every day and yet don't seem to know each other exist on the field. Its fine against the weaker teams because there will be defensive laps and easy chances like tonight but bigger teams don't make these makes. Don't know how long the gaffer can turn a blind eye to this

Agree. Adebayor scored a great goal. Almost offside ! He had been blown up for offside at least four times previously.

Apart from that that he did sweet fa. Teves runs around chasing the play down like crazy

I don't think it will work and I think that Teves will stay as a forward. Perhaps with Bellamy ?

What? Bellers who will be lucky to play a 3rd of the games next season, by his own admission? Tevez has been great for us yes, but Ade has scored how may in how many; whilst coming back from a little thing in the ACN?

Seems we just need 11 players who can chase the play like crazy? Come on Zee, you're better than that!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:02 am

He's frustrating at times, makes the wrong choices at times but thank christ our defence doesn't have to stop him. Doing fine imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:53 am

the rawness of his emotion and talent lends themselves in equal parts to complete amazement and overwhelming frustration.

That goal today was one of the goals of the season in the prem so far, not just for City...it was fuclin fantastic. As someone else mentioned "that goal didn't belong in that match."

i love Ade. And my daughters love him too...they think he's really fun to watch. Who can argue with 11 and 9 year old girls? not i.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:41 am

Sheikhermaker wrote:I found it pretty frustrating when Ade went on the overlap for Johnson on the right side when he should clearly be getting in the box. Somebody posted the other day that he and Tevez don't complement each other as one drops deep and the other works the flanks, watching that tonight I think you are bang on. That finish was sublime though, again.

Yeah I noticed that few times too, he likes to drift on the flank but then there is no one in the box to get on the end of crosses. He should be told to stay in central position.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 am

only critisism is how much he wasn't in the position needed. Johnson was skinning people for fun on the wing only to find Ade (or tevez for that matter) overlapping him on the wing when they should have been in the box giving him an option to set up.
Thought he did well though and with a little better control / judgement he could have had a few tonight.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 am

I'm a big fan of Adebayor, goalscorers are paid to score, he does it week in week out.

It'd be nice if he had a "perfect" all round game but as long as the guy holds the ball up and notchs up the goals he's doing his job for me.

He did that last night so well done Ade. 3 in 3 keep it up :D
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 pm

He was the one Hughes summer signing that I wasn't sure about - but he's won me over. He did that within 2 or 3 Matches. I think it was just Arsenal Fans being bitter. The Guy is an absolute beast of a Goalscorer and will be the difference between draws and wins once he really finds his form.

I couldn't care less how lazy he might seem because he needn't do much more than get the ball in the final third and aim for the onion bag.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum