Vieira

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Vieira

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:05 am

mancini still seems to think he is absolutely class. i reckon he will be around longer than 6 months.

i certainly hope not, he was poor.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:14 am

Wooders wrote:PV you mean? Confused me for a bit there

If that's for me, then yes it was PV. I can see how you thought I was talking about Didi !!
And I agree with yr earlier post, PV did look a bit rusty but that will improve with more play time. Although he didn't play a brilliant
match, he did enough for me to expect better from him in future matches. Obviously not 100% fit, so I was surprised that RM
kept him on for the whole match. Expected him to make room for SWP but apparently RM changed his mind quickly and thought that Barry at LB was a very bad idea !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:could I be forgiven for thinking that his main contributions were some lovely (and some not so) "long balls"?

you would, but it wasn't just paddy V - they'd obviously been instructed to play the midfield deep and fire longballs up to tevez and Adey
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:31 am

Wooders wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:could I be forgiven for thinking that his main contributions were some lovely (and some not so) "long balls"?

you would, but it wasn't just paddy V - they'd obviously been instructed to play the midfield deep and fire longballs up to tevez and Adey

fuck, don't tell Antii.
He hates us playing with three defensive mids and relying on the long ball.
Nearly as much as he hates players who put a foot in.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Martinez » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 am

Can't believe some think he was the best one of our "sitting three", at 50-60 minutes I was begging for Bobby to take him off, SWP on and switch to a 4-4-2. I thougt he was really poor, I expected him to be slow and a bit rusty on the ball but I also expected him to put himself about, get some tackles in and keep the ball better. Instead he kept losing the ball and pull out of tackles, actually thought it got worse and worse.

Can't take away that pass, though, it was a cruuucial goal in this crucial game.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I'm holding no judgements on him as it was his debut.
Thought he lost the ball too much through trying silly turns etc, but Vieira is a true pro and will adjust just like Hamann did and just spray the ball about instead of thinking he's still a 21 year old athlete. He had moments which made me think, "yeah, good shit", but he wasn't as dominent in the air as I thought he would be. 6/10

No, I noticed that but sometimes it was against Davies & the CB's often couldn't get near him either. He did crop up right at the death to protect the far post though & that may have been the difference between him & the rest of our midfielders who would be either ball-watching or unable to stop the equaliser.

Hamann Mk2 is the way to go for him imo.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:40 am

Martinez wrote:Can't believe some think he was the best one of our "sitting three", at 50-60 minutes I was begging for Bobby to take him off, SWP on and switch to a 4-4-2. I thougt he was really poor, I expected him to be slow and a bit rusty on the ball but I also expected him to put himself about, get some tackles in and keep the ball better. Instead he kept losing the ball and pull out of tackles, actually thought it got worse and worse.

Can't take away that pass, though, it was a cruuucial goal in this crucial game.

his performance was "a Rummenigge"
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 am

This fella Douglas Higginbottom seems to be watchin the same game as me. i dont hold out any hope for Patrick if we need to play Nige BEHIND him. That midfield will get totally mullered by even half decent teams who can move the ball quickly. Watchin Patrick was like watchin me. You could hear his joints creaking,lolStill it wont matter cos no one will be watchin anyway,lol.Feel quite sprightly today after a good kip yesterday evening.Football is a funny game. All Hughes had to do was get someone in to help with coachin the defence and he would have succeeded.Mancini did that in an instant but now tries to turn us into a series A team. Check the crowds in series A. Everyone lost interest in events on the pitch years ago.So, if mancini continues in this vein, we could go back to waivin bananas at each other. Now that was fun.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:CLASS PLAYERS ARE ALWAYS CAPABLE OF THE SUBLIME ..AS WAS EVIDENT WITH VIERAS (BETTER THAN IRELANDS) PASS TO ADE.

BUT IM SORRY - THE GUY IS TOO SLOW FOR THE PREM AND IS A LIABILITY IMO.
BAD SIGNING FOR OUR TEAM BASED ON TONIGHTS PERFORMANCE.

I disagree with your first point, I don't think it was a better ball than Ireland's, because as the commentators said at the time, it was a dead straight ball that should have been picked up - maybe someone can youtube the two and you'll see the difference in quality... Ade had a lot more to do in controlling Vieira's assist than he had to with Ireland's and that's where the real class was last night - Ade's control and finish.

I agree with your second point, I think he looks pedestrian, although its hard to know because we're so fucking defensive and have absolutely no blend in midfield.

Hopefully he'll come good if we play more fluent football.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:45 am

Beside the pass the rest of the game I thought he was worse than average to be kind to him.
Rag_hater

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 am

I think he did reasonably well. Slow start and made a few mistakes that better sides would punish City with - but he came on stronger in the second half and was the credit for Adebayor's stunning strike.

Fully agree with comments about Barry, Vieira and De Jong being one defensively minded midfielder too many for a winnable Home Match.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Looks like big Paddy V's move has paid off and he will be going to South Africa - Domenech seems to quite like us as well.

http://www.football-italia.net/feb10m.html?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum