Read The Goat - Bolton 9/2/2010

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Read The Goat - Bolton 9/2/2010

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:08 pm

I have to admit I hadn't really considered anything but three points away to Hull City on Saterday and of the four league defeats we've had this season, for me, this was by far the most disappointing.

The 4-3 defeat at United was unfortunate and the 3-0 reverse at Spurs was a bad night at the office for our boys. Everton played out of there skins and deserved there 2-0 win, but though Hull played well, I thought we'd have more than enough to beat them on the day.

While I can accept defeats to United, Spurs and Everton because they are good, well-established Premier League sides, Hull are always going to struggle and I expected us to win comfortably. Every team has disappointing results during the course of the season, but if we're serious about a top four finish, this has to be the last time we lose to a side beneath us in the table.

We are lucky that we have a chance to get straight back to winning ways with tonight's game against Bolton Wanderers. Like Portsmouth in our last home game, Owen Coyle is in charge and Bolton's performances have improved in recent weeks.

From what I saw of their game against Fulham, they could - and probably should - have won on the day. They have some decent players in their side but I can't see us playing quite as badly two games in a row and i'm expecting us to win this one and right now, i'd take 1-0.

Tonight could see Patrick Vieira finally make his first start and like everyone else, i'll be fascinated to see how he does. I played against him often enough to know what an inspiration the guy can be and if he can start to pull the strings on the pitch for us tonight, I don't think we'll be seeing too many performances like the one at the KC Stadium again!

I'm looking forward to seeing Adam Johnson play, too. He's a great buy and I think he'll be a big hit with the City fans in the coming months. He's an old-fashioned sort of winger and I think Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz will benefit from his crosses at the season progresses.

The results didn't exactly go our way over the weekend and we have to win our two games in hand to get back in amongst the top four or five. Three points against Bolton will put us level on points on with Liverpool and if we can then go to Stoke in a week's time and win again, we'll go into the games with Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs in great heart.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Re: Read The Goat - Bolton 9/2/2010

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:18 pm

Cheers for that Goat, it was a good read.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Burt » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:39 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:I have to admit I hadn't really considered anything but three points away to Hull City on Saterday and of the four league defeats we've had this season, for me, this was by far the most disappointing.

The 4-3 defeat at U***d was unfortunate and the 3-0 reverse at Spurs was a bad night at the office for our boys. Everton played out of there skins and deserved there 2-0 win, but though Hull played well, I thought we'd have more than enough to beat them on the day.

While I can accept defeats to U***d, Spurs and Everton because they are good, well-established Premier League sides, Hull are always going to struggle and I expected us to win comfortably. Every team has disappointing results during the course of the season, but if we're serious about a top four finish, this has to be the last time we lose to a side beneath us in the table.

We are lucky that we have a chance to get straight back to winning ways with tonight's game against Bolton Wanderers. Like Portsmouth in our last home game, Owen Coyle is in charge and Bolton's performances have improved in recent weeks.

From what I saw of their game against Fulham, they could - and probably should - have won on the day. They have some decent players in their side but I can't see us playing quite as badly two games in a row and i'm expecting us to win this one and right now, i'd take 1-0.

Tonight could see Patrick Vieira finally make his first start and like everyone else, i'll be fascinated to see how he does. I played against him often enough to know what an inspiration the guy can be and if he can start to pull the strings on the pitch for us tonight, I don't think we'll be seeing too many performances like the one at the KC Stadium again!

I'm looking forward to seeing Adam Johnson play, too. He's a great buy and I think he'll be a big hit with the City fans in the coming months. He's an old-fashioned sort of winger and I think Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz will benefit from his crosses at the season progresses.

The results didn't exactly go our way over the weekend and we have to win our two games in hand to get back in amongst the top four or five. Three points against Bolton will put us level on points on with Liverpool and if we can then go to Stoke in a week's time and win again, we'll go into the games with Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs in great heart.

So are you an ex City player Goater?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:32 am

Burt wrote:
10.Goater_Legend wrote:I have to admit I hadn't really considered anything but three points away to Hull City on Saterday and of the four league defeats we've had this season, for me, this was by far the most disappointing.

The 4-3 defeat at U***d was unfortunate and the 3-0 reverse at Spurs was a bad night at the office for our boys. Everton played out of there skins and deserved there 2-0 win, but though Hull played well, I thought we'd have more than enough to beat them on the day.

While I can accept defeats to U***d, Spurs and Everton because they are good, well-established Premier League sides, Hull are always going to struggle and I expected us to win comfortably. Every team has disappointing results during the course of the season, but if we're serious about a top four finish, this has to be the last time we lose to a side beneath us in the table.

So are you an ex City player Goater?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHA, i'm just repeating what Shaun Goater wrote in his section of the match day programme, unless I am Shaun Goater!?! ;)
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bobadji » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 am

did you type all that? if so, appreciate it.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ned

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:37 am

bobadji wrote:did you type all that? if so, appreciate it.

Yeah and cheers mate, just paying homage to the great man by spreading his word.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 am

great stuff that 10 G Leg....thanks very much for taking the time
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli