Kompany hails vital victory

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Kompany hails vital victory

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Vincent Kompany climbed off the treatment table to enhance his record at the heart of the Blues defence and then praised his teammates.

Anyone who saw the Belgian international limp out of the previous home match with Portsmouth with an industrial sized bandage around his thigh would have been amazed to see him back and as sprightly as ever in the 2-0 win over Bolton. It was the fifth time he has helped keep a clean sheet since playing at the back.

And after the Blues moved level on points with Liverpool with a game in hand 'Mr Versatile' described the success over Wanderers as a vital confidence boost.

“I am as surprised as anyone that I was fit to play but the treatment was good and although I maybe took a bit of a chance I wanted to help the team,” he declared.

“We had to bounce back after the defeat at Hull and we did that in a really professional way I thought.

"The last couple of home games we
have perhaps not won in style but we
have done it with conviction. Two-nil at
home is a convincing result and it
gives us confidence for the FA Cup"

“People who think we should be knocking big scores past sides fighting for their lives are misled and maybe should remember where the club was a couple of years ago.

“I think the fans should be fairly happy with the way things are going at the moment we are equal fourth with Liverpool and there has been another clean sheet for us and there is nothing much to complain about. Tonight was a very good result for us.”

City should have Micah Richards back for the Cup tie at the weekend after he missed out with a calf strain for the third game in succession but another absentee from last night’s contest Craig Bellamy will be struggling after boss Roberto Mancini said he faced five days out and would most likely return at Stoke in the league game.

Adam Johnson, man of the match on his home debut, is ineligible for the first match against Stoke this weekend having played against City in the third round tie at the Riverside.

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Return to The Maine Football forum