Happy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Happy With Yesterdays Performance?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes : 67

Re: Happy?

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:49 am

Vhero wrote:I am happy we got 3 points in the bank and they never once really looked like scoring now if we could only take that on the road.

fail
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 am

I don't like longball football.
I don't like 3 defensive midfielders who are supposedly midfield generals giving the ball away and seemingly having no idea where the other one will be
I don't like having Tevez and Ade isolated at the top of the pitch - they need more fluidity from midfield
I am not convinced by Toure
Given is playing really badly at the moment, he can't seem to organise the defense, its a criticism of him that is gathering pace in the press, whether this is affecting him I don't know

Positives
Johnson had a really great debut game (obviously) I hope he can keep it up
Lescott looked very sharp when he came on last night, just like he did before he got injured - I would try him and Komps on Sat if he is up to a full game
Ade looks really up for scoring goals
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 am

ant london wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote: Some people put more emphasis on being entertained and there's nothing wrong with that. I'd always take crap performance and win than cavaliar performance or draw or loss though.

I think many of the City crowd place quite some emphasis on being entertained.....see the decline in attendances under Stuart Pearce if you need further evidence of that.

You are actually allowed to criticise City under Mancini you know mate. Just because you campaigned long and hard for Roberto and he is your chosen one, you are still allowed to see faults. In fact I'd put a lot more store in your opinions if you did so.

At the moment you are coming across as some kind of fucking Moonie who is incapable of seeing the blatantly obvious as you seek to validate the fact that you were right and that Mancini is indeed the man for the job. It's ok mate, we're supporting him, we are not going to start a Mancini OUT campaign....you chose well but we were fucking pap last night.....that you can't see that or refuse to acknowledge it is, frankly, laughable

No.

I said it that I'm not happy with last nights performance overall but it got us win and that's all I care for. I was fucking fuming after the Hull game as I thought we were tactically and mentally all wrong. Although there were enough people on here to point that out so I didn't really bother to participate or even read the board that much. Basically because I spent whole sunday and monday pissed off about the Hull game.

Regarding me wanting Mancini (even before Hughes was appointed) you are right, and if he turns out to be as poor as Hughes or even worse I will have to take in on cheek. But I have genuine trust that he will turn out to be the man for us.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby john@staustell » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am

We scored 2 and they scored none. I'm happy. Some of the play seemed strangely disjointed, but we do have a lot of new or ring-rusty players at the moment.

If we play like absolute shite and win every remaining game this season 1-0 i'll be very, very happy.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:09 am

Fish111 wrote:
ant london wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Performances haven't been great but how many experts say the sign of a good team is when they win without playing well. Given where we are in the league at the moment i would have snapped your hands off if you had offered me that at the beginning of the season. 5th with a game in hand & 5 points off 3rd will do me. Some big games coming up though which will define our season imo.

Dear Mr Fish

I recommend a new fangled craze....it's called "reading". Give it a go and then let us know what your answer is..... ;-)

"Im not talking about the result. This is just based only on our performance yesterday.

Whos happy to play like that for the rest of the season?"

Being a right smart-arse this morning aren't we ant? I would be more than happy playing like that if we keep getting the results to get us into a CL spot. imo you cannot seperate the performances and results as they go hand in hand. We played shit last night but we won, not pretty i know but the three points are in the bag and that's all that matters. If we play like that against Chelsea, liverpool & Villa and get 7 points i'll be more than happy.

Agree with you. Liverpool played shit on saturday and won Do you think they care ?

I'm glad we got the three points last night even if it was a crap penalty that got us on the way.

Too often we've played flowing football and lost.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:10 am

you can't say you don't care about how we perform when we win and then say you were fuming at the tactics when we lose, you can't have it both ways!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Blue2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 am

I like winning, therefore I am happy.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby 13021J » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 am

No I am not happy, the tactics we played for the majority of last nights game were simply terrible.

Against Blackburn I thought we had the correct balance Iif not the correct personnel):

---------NDJ-------Barry
Petrov--------------------Bellamy
---------------Tevez
----------------Benji

Two centre mids with a cautious outlook, allowing the wingers to flood forward. Tevez dropping deep to collect the ball when necessary. This was exciting fast paced football with some great passing DESPITE the absence of SWP, Ade and A Johnson.

Last night the balance was completely wrong with the 'deadly diamond'.
1) You buy one of England's best young wingers and play him....wait for it....behind the front two?
2) You play 3 DM's at home aginst Bolton, but worse than that you play them so that Barry ends up on the left wing and Vieira on the right wing?
3) You play NDJ in an obsolete role in fron tof the back four. This is not his fault, but for the first 60 mins the only contribution he made was to try and compete with Davies in the air.
4) You play just one of the four high quality wingers we have.

The result is that we cannot string a pass together, we have no width (that provided by the fullbacks is insufficient), the lack of width means that we have to go back to the keeper at nearly every opportunity.

The 3 DM were almost falling over wach other at times.

Yes he changed it after 65mins (?) and we looked much better, Tevez in the middle collecting the ball, two wingers stretching the defence to make room for Ade's goal but this would have been too late against a half decent side.

No I am not happy.
13021J
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Tevez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:58 am

ant london wrote: Toure was poor, I was glad he got injured.

It was a good post until then mate, please tell me you don't genuinely believe what you just wrote?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 am

johnpb78 wrote:
ant london wrote: Toure was poor, I was glad he got injured.

It was a good post until then mate, please tell me you don't genuinely believe what you just wrote?

haha I wasn't happy he got injured. I didn't think he was very good though

So yes, and no
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Beeks » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 am

I seriously considered a new topic on this but...

HAVE YOU SEEN WHERE WE ARE IN THE TABLE?!

Seriously...some people are just never happy...if it wasn't so comical it would be depressing
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:09 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I seriously considered a new topic on this but...

HAVE YOU SEEN WHERE WE ARE IN THE TABLE?!

Seriously...some people are just never happy...if it wasn't so comical it would be depressing

fuck me, another cunt who can't read...... ;-)

the question was not

- are you happy with the result....

nor was it

- are you happy where we are in the table.

People are not questioning the fact that a win is a win, nor are they complaining about the fact that we are fifth with a game in hand and looking excellent value for 4th.

The question was put to us as

"Im not talking about the result. This is just based only on our performance yesterday.

Whos happy to play like that for the rest of the season?"
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

if we played like that all season and still won id be happy and astonished. it will not happen though. i could not believe it when i saw the lineup. we packed the team with defensive midfielders and i was convinced at one point they were going to score, we sat so deep and yet we were not countering them.

against a better team i think we would of got our arse handed to us.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 am

I'm not happy but last night was a big improvement on the last two performances. I hope we now push on from here & that the football we're playing is simply a reaction to all the changes & the cup defeats & will get better & better.

If that's not the case & this kind of football is going to be the norm though, then I'd prefer to change the manager for next season as I don't get any pleasure from it, win or lose.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I'm not happy but last night was a big improvement on the last two performances. I hope we now push on from here & that the football we're playing is simply a reaction to all the changes & the cup defeats & will get better & better.

If that's not the case & this kind of football is going to be the norm though, then I'd prefer to change the manager for next season as I don't get any pleasure from it, win or lose.

steady ted, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
We're only out of one cup, and only lost one cup game so far
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:15 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I'm not happy but last night was a big improvement on the last two performances. I hope we now push on from here & that the football we're playing is simply a reaction to all the changes & the cup defeats & will get better & better.

steady ted, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
We're only out of one cup, and only lost one cup game so far

Haha.
Well a victory Saturday could be just the thing to get the football flowing again; it would give us another attainable trophy target & get the buzz back amongst players & fans.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:29 am

No i am not happy with performances like that and all this "if we play like that for the rest of the season and win games 1-0 bollox".It's simple really if we continue to play like we did last night we will lose a lot fuckin more than we win.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:21 am

My thoughts exactly
Original Dub

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:38 am

Have to be happy with 3 points and a reasonably comfortable win.. I think mancini has alot on his plate with having to adapt to the English game and trying things out to get the right players playing in the right role. Im sure he will get things to click soon enough...I have confidence in this with the way he is quick to change things during a game..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:55 am

I was very happy with last nights game.If we play like that for the rest of the season it will be fine by me.The only week links for me last night were PV and maybe Shay.The rest were 7 or 8 out of 10 for me.
Rag_hater

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum