Happy?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Happy With Yesterdays Performance?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes : 67

Re: Happy?

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:19 pm

john68 wrote:I can't remember when taggart ever set up a team not to lose rather than win. I don't follow them that closely and you could well be correct.

League Cup semi 1st leg.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I have a problem with people around here? I argue with people who I assume can take it (Original Dub, And London, John68 etc) and even better, deliver it back. But it's not me mouthing off about knowing ten times more than you about anything or telling you to stick to FC Barcelona.

And it's always nice to hear when people tell me what I do and don't mean. I've tried to avoid ARGUING about Hughes and I don't care two shits about him anymore. Other than the next time he pops up at Stoke or Hull I'll be delighted to be freely able to call him rag bastard again.

Yes I'm talking about Mancini, who happens to be our current manager, does that surprise you? And all this bullshit about "hidden agendas" gets right on my tits. I feel I'm one of the people who have ALWAYS been open about my opinions. I didn't like Hughes, I like Mancini. I'm self confessed "Mancini licker". I've never hidden any of that have I?

So stop spouting shite from the sidelines.

you are begging for it, so...;)

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:20 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I have a problem with people around here? I argue with people who I assume can take it (Original Dub, And London, John68 etc) and even better, deliver it back. But it's not me mouthing off about knowing ten times more than you about anything or telling you to stick to FC Barcelona.

And it's always nice to hear when people tell me what I do and don't mean. I've tried to avoid ARGUING about Hughes and I don't care two shits about him anymore. Other than the next time he pops up at Stoke or Hull I'll be delighted to be freely able to call him rag bastard again.

Yes I'm talking about Mancini, who happens to be our current manager, does that surprise you? And all this bullshit about "hidden agendas" gets right on my tits. I feel I'm one of the people who have ALWAYS been open about my opinions. I didn't like Hughes, I like Mancini. I'm self confessed "Mancini licker". I've never hidden any of that have I?

I reckon it was the other geezer, Bright something, who was begging for that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
john68 wrote:I can't remember when taggart ever set up a team not to lose rather than win. I don't follow them that closely and you could well be correct.

League Cup semi 1st leg.

Sorry mate but judging by the way they set about us in those final minutes and the way we were scrambling to clear the ball, only to see it chucked straight back us. The amount of pressure they put on us was incredible.
Credit to the blues for keeping the rags out but the rags were not set up for anything other than a win.
So glad they failed though.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:27 pm

brite blu sky wrote: obstinancy gets pretty boring after a while.

sorry that wasn't really football related was it.

... or maybe it is relevant to todays entertainment debate?
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

are you trying to say you didn't like it? liar.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 pm

john68 wrote:

League Cup semi 1st leg.

Sorry mate but judging by the way they set about us in those final minutes and the way we were scrambling to clear the ball, only to see it chucked straight back us. The amount of pressure they put on us was incredible.
Credit to the blues for keeping the rags out but the rags were not set up for anything other than a win.
So glad they failed though.

Interestingly Mancini declared that Vieira would have made a difference in these games ( ok he was refering to the 2nd leg ).
But if you see that the main thing PV is going to offer the team is composure, then it would be safe to say that he may well help us in games where our composure is blown and we are hoofing it out, for it to come straight back in.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

It was semi-OK but has been done so many times. I would've like something more insulting.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:47 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

It was semi-OK but has been done so many times. I would've like something more insulting.

i have to agree. not my best effort. it was lazy. i setup with 3 defensive mids and couldn't really make a tactical substitution that would have created more space for the quality i truly have at my disposal. I wasn't good value for money on the day. Look, hats off to you for really getting stuck in...you treated this like a Cup final, and i couldn't match your energy. Etc.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:06 pm

As the merchant of DOOM, should you be allowed on a HAPPY thread?

Go on...move...shift...gerroff...skedaddle...'oppit...Find your own "MISERABLE" thread and leave us happies alone.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum