Wednesday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:58 am

Stephen Ireland fears for his future at Manchester City
Ireland is concerned that his future lies elsewhere after being left out of the City team to face Bolton
Stephen Ireland, the Manchester City midfield player, fears that he could be forced to look for a new club amid concerns that he does not figure in Roberto Mancini’s long-term plans.
Ireland was dropped for City’s Barclays Premier League game at home to Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday night, Mancini opting instead to play Adam Johnson, a winger, at the tip of a midfield diamond on his first start for the club since a protracted £8 million move from Middlesbrough.
Although that is Ireland’s favoured position — one from which he scored most of his 13 goals last season en route to being named City’s Player of the Year — he has played there only once since Mancini arrived at the club in December, for 56 minutes in the 3-0 win away to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
That, coupled with the manager’s decision to deploy wide players, such as Johnson, in the role ahead of him and Mancini’s pursuit of two midfield players, Fernando Gago, 23, of Real Madrid, and McDonald Mariga, 22, now of Inter Milan, during the transfer window last month appear to have convinced Ireland that his days at City are numbered.
The 23-year-old hopes that Mancini will give him an extended run in his favoured role, but if the situation does not improve between now and the end of the season, Ireland may consider his options in the summer.
Manchester United have been linked with the player in the past, but it is hard to envisage City allowing him to join their fierce rivals.
He would not leave the club lightly and accepts that competition for places will be intense, but is unlikely to stay if it means fighting a losing battle.

Manchester United fan Terry Christian admits that he used to go to watch rivals Manchester City when he was younger. 'I had some great times at Maine Road. I'll always be a red but part of me has a fondness for City, a bit like a brother has for their little sister'. Sun

Manchester City youngster Kieran Trippier joins Barnsley on loan
Manchester City's highly-rated defender Kieran Trippier, 19, has joined Barnsley on a one-month loan deal.
The 19-year-old hasn't made his competitive debut yet, but impressed in the pre-season friendly against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.
Trippier has been capped by England at Under-18 and Under-19 level.
On the pitch, Manchester City moved into fifth place on Tuesday night with a 2-0 victory over Bolton.
Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor scored the goals for City.
Sheffield United have signed Arsenal centre defender Kyle Bartley, 18, on a three month loan deal.
United centre backs Chris Morgan, 32, and Marcel Seip, 27, are both sidelined with injuries. Mail

VIEIRA CAN KEEP ON RUNNING - MANCINI
Roberto Mancini can see no reason why Patrick Vieira should not play on for another three seasons.
Vieira set up Emmanuel Adebayor's excellent second in a 2-0 win for Manchester City against local rivals Bolton at Eastlands on Tuesday night that allowed them to join Liverpool in the hotly-contested battle for fourth spot.
It was the perfect response to jibes that the former Arsenal captain is over the hill and his reaction to a suggestion that he might need a rest following his first game in a month - a curt "am I that old?" - did not give the impression Vieira is happy with the chatter.
Mancini certainly does not feel there is even a grain of truth in the theories.
And having won a coveted Serie A title in Italy when he was 36, the City boss feels Vieira can follow his example.
"I played until I was 36 and I was still playing well," countered the Italian.
"I won the Scudetto at that age, so I see no reason why Patrick can't carry on as well.
"First of all I hope he can play another 15 games for us in the league this season because his performances are going to be very important."

WAG OF THE DAY
http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2 ... en-electra

TRANSFER BOLLOX
Chelsea's first summer target will be Barcelona's £30m-rated right-back Dani Alves. Daily Star

Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas has reached a verbal agreement with Barcelona to join the Catalan club from next season. Cadena Ser radio

Manchester United are on the hunt for Roma's 15-year-olds Valerio Verre and Filippo Cipriani. Daily Mail

Wigan and Sunderland will renew their interest in Paraguay international Cristian Riveros over the summer. The midfielder currently plays for Mexican side Cruz Azul. Daily Mail

Arsenal have beaten Liverpool to the signature of Marouane Chamakh. The Bordeaux striker is set to agree a five-year, £50,000-a-week deal with the Gunners.The Mirror

Serbian midfielder Milan Jovanovic has ignored interest from Manchester City and Birmingham and has agreed to join Liverpool this summer. The Mirror

Millwall are on the verge of signing Crawley Town forward Charles Ademeno in a bargain £120,000 deal. The Mirror

OTHER BOLLOX
Indian businessman Subrata Roy is to step up his pursuit of a takeover of Liverpool. Fellow Indian Mukesh Ambani is also a potential investor, despite issuing a denial on Tuesday.
Full story: The Times

West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola is facing the axe if his side fail to beat Birmingham on Wednesday. Daily Star

Arsenal defender William Gallas is set to quit Arsenal over a row about the length of his contract extension at the Gunners. The Mirror

Meanwhile, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has admitted that when it comes to signing the world's best players, the Gunners cannot afford the top stars. The Times

Queens Park Rangers' former majority shareholder Antonio Caliendo has asked the Football Association to investigate the sale of the club to Flavio Briatore. The Daily Telegraph

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says getting Spurs into the Champions League would be his greatest achievement as a manager. The Mirror

Bolton are seeking a second opinion in the case of Gary Cahill's blood clot - a condition that could end the defender's World Cup dream. The Mirror

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is scenting blood. He has described Arsenal as a "wounded animal" and believes the Reds will soon catch them up in the Premier League table. Daily Mail

Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has claimed that Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson tried to sell winger Cristiano Ronaldo to Barcelona and has also said the Scotsman "is no friend of Real Madrid." Spanish Eurosport

More later ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Wednesday's B*ll*x

Postby Vhero » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:34 am

Ireland misses one game and suddenly he's leaving?? They really have ran out of shit to write about us.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby gillie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:57 am

OI Christian shut the fuck up you condesending rag twat.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:03 am

Gerrard's right, Arsenal are definitely vulnerable but of course they can suddenly raise their game, become unstoppable & turn anyone over. Fancy the scousers to get something off them tonight though. Draw will suit me. We can catch Arsenal if we start playing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Return to The Maine Football forum