Enjoying the Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What Are You Looking for In Watching City

HURRAH and clap-clap-clap. I'm always happy, me. Regardless of what happens on the pitch. It's City after all.
6%
Winning first and foremost. That's what football is all about. If I want to be entertained, I go to bleeding ballet.
36%
I want manager to play the same way I see the game. I'm tactical mastermind and so should our manager be.
7%
I want to see blood and grit. And 4-4-2. Shankly once said that football is simple game made complicated by people who should know better. That man knew the score.
19%
I want to see Joga Bonito. Style, flair and skill. I want to be entertained and see quality individual performances as well as team performances. Results are secondary but of course I always hope for win.
27%
I just follow City out of habit and I'm not sure I've cared either way for a long time.
4%

Total votes : 67

Re: Enjoying the Game

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:26 pm

perhaps some hope there yes.. although i get a bit concerned with ' a bit more attacking than Jose' .

One point to make is assuming we do ok and Bobby stays.. what will be the effect of the Prem on Mancini's thinking.
I would doubt he would be just thinking to reproduce what worked in Serie A in the Prem. He will surely be wanting to learn as much as imposing his will.

I really hope he tries something a bit different in the FA cup.. hopefully to put Ireland at the top of the diamond from kick off and see how that goes, if it doesnt work then at least he has tried it and the fans will be a bit happier for having tried their fav option.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby King Kev » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:33 pm

Fish111 wrote:4-4-2 Blood & grit for me. Shankly was right about people over-complicating the game.
Agreed.

Interesting to see that we only have one happy-clapper on here!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:41 pm

Look it up in a dictionary....yer lazy git...do you expect an old man to do your work for you?

Or ask Gillie....he's been on a maths course and is now educated....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:49 pm

King Kev wrote:
Fish111 wrote:4-4-2 Blood & grit for me. Shankly was right about people over-complicating the game.
Agreed.

Interesting to see that we only have one happy-clapper on here!

THATS PATRICK..HE,S ALWAYS FUCKING HAPPY THE CUNT...POUND TO A PENNY HE VOTED THAT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 pm

john68 wrote:So we do have hope that if Mancini gets top 4 this season and remains in charge, he will use the pre season to change things round and introduce a more positive strategy for next season.
I would settle for that.
I would trade a niggardly approach this season for glory as long as we had a more positive appraoch next.

I'd say yes judging from his time at Inter. Who knows what he thinks though, we will just have to wait and see what happens, lol.

Anyway I'd settle for that too. At the moment getting CL is the priority and how we do that doesn't matter much imho. With that done, though, we will have to start planning the next step, challenging for the title, and that necessarily needs a better brand of football, even if not necessarily Barça-like.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:51 pm

john68 wrote:So we do have hope that if Mancini gets top 4 this season and remains in charge, he will use the pre season to change things round and introduce a more positive strategy for next season.
I would settle for that.
I would trade a niggardly approach this season for glory as long as we had a more positive appraoch next.

I worry that he gets us past the post to 4th, then we are stuck with the shit for another 3 years out of a sense of gratitude.

THAT, whilst maybe ungrateful is a truly dreadful thought, and I really could see myself stopping at home, as I did under Pearce. Call me fickle, but I might as well go shopping with the Mrs and watch match of the day than waste a couple of grand a year on that shite.

Is it true that Italy has the highest rate of suicide in Italy amongst adult males? I get it now!!!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john68 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
I would settle for that.

I'd say yes judging from his time at Inter. Who knows what he thinks though, we will just have to wait and see what happens, lol.

Anyway I'd settle for that too. At the moment getting CL is the priority and how we do that doesn't matter much imho. With that done, though, we will have to start planning the next step, challenging for the title, and that necessarily needs a better brand of football, even if not necessarily Barça-like.

Winning the league will certainly take a better brand of football. There are times when hitting on the break will not suffice. There will be games that will need taking by the scruff of the neck and battering down.
We need to be capable of doing that.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dazzacity » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Svensational wrote:Theres no option for

"Results are priority, but a bit of entertainment wouldnt go a miss"

That would be my vote, thanks.

Same.. I guess it would take the fun away from the thread if there was that option. Or is playing attractive football and gettin a result too much to ask??
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
I would settle for that.

I worry that he gets us past the post to 4th, then we are stuck with the shit for another 3 years out of a sense of gratitude.

THAT, whilst maybe ungrateful is a truly dreadful thought, and I really could see myself stopping at home, as I did under Pearce. Call me fickle, but I might as well go shopping with the Mrs and watch match of the day than waste a couple of grand a year on that shite.

Is it true that Italy has the highest rate of suicide in Italy amongst adult males? I get it now!!!

that would be my fear.. we scrape 4th..then dont change it next season and lose Stevie Ireland in the process.

but it is only a fear.. and i dont think that will happen at all. slowly but surely the players we have will get it and the academy posse will learn adapt and fit in thier style of play with Bobby's system.

amen
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:11 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
I would settle for that.

that would be my fear.. we scrape 4th..then dont change it next season and lose Stevie Ireland in the process.

but it is only a fear.. and i dont think that will happen at all. slowly but surely the players we have will get it and the academy posse will learn adapt and fit in thier style of play with Bobby's system.

amen

Not much use of all the players get it, but you still have Arsenal United and Chelsea attacking you for 95 minutes. It would be like watching rope-a-dope every week
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Is there a 'I want good football, good players, good tactics, good atmosphere, and a win at the end of it would be nice' option?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby simon12 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:56 pm

What about play like Brazil murder the rags twice and win loads of trophies option...if not what sven said/typed.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby BlueSince72 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:32 pm

My option is not there:

I obviously want city to win more than anything BUT the football on offer recently has been fucking awful...worse than the dark days of Peter Reid!!

If we are going to defend so deep why the fuck are players not being allowed to cross the half way line when we have got the ball...it's called counter-attacking Mr Mancini!! Go and have glass of expensive wine with Sir Baconface cos that twat is the fucking master of it!!
BlueSince72
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Whassat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Results always matters, even if the play is dire. Watching the like of the Swedish national football team and City you always cheer for a win ... or goal ...

The beatiful game is nice to look at tho, like barca in their best moments.
Whassat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City, AIK
My favourite player is: The magician

Postby dazby » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 am

Where's the "If I want to win I'll go to the ballet but if I want to be entertained I'll watch City" option? Very sadly lacking in this strange poll.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:59 am

dazby wrote:Where's the "If I want to win I'll go to the ballet but if I want to be entertained I'll watch City" option? Very sadly lacking in this strange poll.

there's a taylormade option for you and you're still moaning?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:11 am

Like the majority of people on here and probably most in the world who enjoy the 'beautiful game', for me winning is the most important thing, but I like football to be played 'properly', as a beautiful sport, with flair, pace, skill and passion.
There is no option in this poll for me to select. The options are a clear attempt at wind up.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Like the majority of people on here and probably most in the world who enjoy the 'beautiful game', for me winning is the most important thing, but I like football to be played 'properly', as a beautiful sport, with flair, pace, skill and passion.
There is no option in this poll for me to select. The options are a clear attempt at wind up.

you are not too clever are you? Or completely unable to read.

But just for the arguments sake, is your post anything but 'a clear attempt for a wind up'?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Good Times » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 am

one nil to the boys in blue, one nil to the boys in blue

That'll do me for the rest of this season. Next season is a different matter.

Remember when the Arse were known as boring for their knack of grinding out "i'd rather watch paint dry" 1-0 wins back in the day? I'll settle for that for the next 14 games
[center]Image[/center]
Good Times
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum