Sitting on the 3rd Tier

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sitting on the 3rd Tier

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 am

I know a few of you on here have seasoncards up their and I've got 1 question for you.....

How the fuck do you put up with it?

Its like a fucking star wars convention up there. Geek paradise. Everytime I shouted, sang, or swore, every fucker in my vacinity was looking at me. Everyone had a posh accent. 2 lads next to me were getting excited about us getting a goal kick. and were buzzing when Given neraly fucked up.
If the only way I could watch City was to sit up there week in week out, I'd turn it down.

Boring, boring, nerds.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Re: Sitting on the 3rd Tier

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:29 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I know a few of you on here have seasoncards up their and I've got 1 question for you.....

Its like a fucking star wars convention up there. Geek paradise. Everytime I shouted, sang, or swore, every fucker in my vacinity was looking at me. Everyone had a posh accent. 2 lads next to me were getting excited about us getting a goal kick. and were buzzing when Given neraly fucked up.
If the only way I could watch City was to sit up there week in week out, I'd turn it down.

Boring, boring, nerds.

Thanks we cant all be Mr Charisma
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:33 am

I always thought having a 3rd tier was a bad thing due to the effect on atmosphere but reading that perhaps it performs a useful service keeping all the clueless, prawn sandwich eaters & geeks away from the rest of us?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:35 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I know a few of you on here have seasoncards up their and I've got 1 question for you.....

Boring, boring, nerds.

Obviously not tarring all with the same brush, but fuck me. I nearly lost the plot at one guy who just sat there shaking his head at me everytime I said summat.
Its a frigging library up there.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:35 am

Thanks Ted
This is great for my self esteem.

Alex Sapphire

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I always thought having a 3rd tier was a bad thing due to the effect on atmosphere but reading that perhaps it performs a useful service keeping all the clueless, prawn sandwich eaters & geeks away from the rest of us?

good point ted.
Alex, move seats. You're not one of them xxx
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

Boring, boring, nerds.

Obviously not tarring all with the same brush, but fuck me. I nearly lost the plot at one guy who just sat there shaking his head at me everytime I said summat.

coincdence?
http://www.mancityfans.net/mcfnet/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=30325

you can sing and shout and swear near me anytime

Alex Sapphire

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:44 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

Boring, boring, nerds.

coincdence?

haha I knew you'd mention that.
To be fair a lot of people were moaning around me. one guy kept calling people a "twit" (who the fuck uses that word anymore??? fuck me) but I think it must have been a spot with regular SC holders that were shocked at a newbi coming with a big gob. Fact is though, what I love about going the football is that I can normally go, get pissed, get quality me time, and shout and swear as much as I want without being out of place. Up on the third tier doesn't allow that. Its gash.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Scatman » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:

Boring, boring, nerds.

coincdence?

haha I knew you'd mention that.
To be fair a lot of people were moaning around me. one guy kept calling people a "twit" (who the fuck uses that word anymore??? fuck me) but I think it must have been a spot with regular SC holders that were shocked at a newbi coming with a big gob. Fact is though, what I love about going the football is that I can normally go, get pissed, get quality me time, and shout and swear as much as I want without being out of place. Up on the third tier doesn't allow that. Its gash.

Too right. There's not many places you can call someone you've never met a twat or a cnut at the the top of your voice without being frowned at. They shouldn't be creating such places in football grounds and not calling them the family stand
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am

I sometimes use the word 'twit'. I find it's a good description for someone who hasn't got what it takes to be a twat.

Gary Lineker for instance.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:52 am

Bingo Lewis wrote: one guy kept calling people a "twit" (who the fuck uses that word anymore??? fuck me

foul mouthed twerp

I've been on the third a couple of times and it's not my cup of tea but I've taken my auntie up there, she's got a bit of a physical disability and she's only little and not mad for being jostled so being at the front of the third gives her a nice view etc.

The atmosphere is non existent for me and I'm too vocal and tourettey to be accomodated up there generally. Horses for courses tho but me, I like it a bit more rumbustious
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 am

ant london wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote: one guy kept calling people a "twit" (who the fuck uses that word anymore??? fuck me

foul mouthed twerp

I've been on the third a couple of times and it's not my cup of tea but I've taken my auntie up there, she's got a bit of a physical disability and she's only little and not mad for being jostled so being at the front of the third gives her a nice view etc.

The atmosphere is non existent for me and I'm too vocal and tourettey to be accomodated up there generally. Horses for courses tho but me, I like it a bit more rumbustious

ant's aunt. That's got a ring to it.
So she can barely walk so you trail her up to the top of the spirals. You in her will?

In defense of the top of the Colin Bell...
the view's good

Alex Sapphire

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:00 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:ant's aunt. That's got a ring to it.
So she can barely walk so you trail her up to the top of the spirals. You in her will?

the view's good

She can walk fine, mostly I think it's all attention seeking (....and in case she's reading this as I think she likes a bit of ManCityFans.Net.....that was a joke!)

I think that due to the perpetual mocking of her lack of height throughout my life I have managed to write myself out of her will.....non-PC comedy comes at a price!

It is a great view up there though, that is its redeeming feature (my aunt did also like my tale that it should and could have been called the Bell End, she was a big fan of The King)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:03 am

Svensational wrote:Ive only ever sat up there once when I couldnt get a ticket.

Bingo, I though you had a season ticket in the South stand?

Couldn't get the cash together in time. Will have it back next season.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:02 pm

I'd strongly recommend the 2nd Tier of the South Stand for anyone who wants a combination of atmosphere and the ability to really watch the game from above.

I've been in the 3rd Tier twice and hated it.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:04 pm

btajim wrote:I'd strongly recommend the 2nd Tier of the South Stand for anyone who wants a combination of atmosphere and the ability to really watch the game from above.

you see I don't like watching footy from behind the goals. Rugby maybe, but not the beautiful game.

Alex Sapphire

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
btajim wrote:I'd strongly recommend the 2nd Tier of the South Stand for anyone who wants a combination of atmosphere and the ability to really watch the game from above.

you see I don't like watching footy from behind the goals. Rugby maybe, but not the beautiful game.

I hate Rugby. Exclusive egg chasing for the Middle Classes.

Different people like different parts of the Ground. I originally watched Football from a Terrace behind the Goal (Hereford United's Meadow End - where Ronnie Radford scored that belter against Newcastle) and it's stuck. Atmosphere, people my own age... The South Stand is ideal for me.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
ant london wrote:

foul mouthed twerp

the view's good

Theres a lift upto it so we dont have to mingle with you lot.
I like it up there.
The thugs stay down there please
Rag_hater

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
ant london wrote:

foul mouthed twerp

the view's good

Theres a lift upto it so we dont have to mingle with you lot.
I like it up there.
The proper blokes stay down there please

no worries.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:52 pm

I've only ever sat in the 3rd tier twice and like you say Bingo the atmosphere is shit I normally sit in 106 in the south stand.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum