Ade "goals are all special now"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Ade "goals are all special now"

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor volleyed a brilliant clinching goal in the 2-0 victory over Bolton then opened his heart about surviving the terrorist outrage on Togo's team coach in Angola.

The striker has scored in all his three games since returning to City after three people died in the ambush at the African Nations Cup last month but is still haunted by his ordeal.

Suspended in September after a controversial win over his old team Arsenal, Manu said: "It took a while to get that out of my head, but after Angola I'm just happy to be on a football pitch.

"When it happened on January 8, a Friday, around 2pm, I told myself that I might never be on a football pitch again, that I might never score goals any more. But God took a hand.

"Some people passed away, and you have to be playing for them now - every time you put the shirt on, you have to be scoring for them. You have to enjoy it.

"I could have been buried somewhere. I love scoring goals but whenever I do now, I say 'yes, you are scoring goals - you could be in a coffin now, you could be in Paradise, I don't know.' It's very hard."

Adey took time off to be with his family but has returned in fine form to boost City's strike power in the chase for fourth place, held by Liverpool who have played a game more.

Celebrating his ninth goal in 16 League games this season, he added: "The most important thing is to keep trying to win games. I think we are doing it well, we have a lot of good players.

"After what happened at Hull it was very important for us to win tonight, so I'm very happy.

"At home we are playing quite well. But we have to focus on our game away from home and work on that. If we do, we can be dangerous for any team in this league."

Manu is impressed too by his first weeks of working with new boss Roberto Mancini. He said: "He's Italian - they like working on tactics. I'm very pleased, he's doing the job well. He's told me to always be in front of the posts, and I'll keep doing my job."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Ade "goals are all special now"

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Manu is impressed too by his first weeks of working with new boss Roberto Mancini. He said: "He's Italian - they like working on tactics. I'm very pleased, he's doing the job well. He's told me to always be in front of the posts, and I'll keep doing my job."

Ade is a slow learner then :-P
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:56 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:

Definitely. He was more on the flanks than into the box last night.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:

Definitely. He was more on the flanks than into the box last night.

He was in front of goal when it mattered though. With a striker I think you need some variation in your game and it never does any harm to drag the centre-half out of the middle to create space for the midfielders making forward ru... hang on.

Ah.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:26 pm

It's pointless having Ade and Carlos stood out on the wing and then Johnson putting in a perfect cross. He needs to push on the last defender more, instead of going out wide imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum