Joe Cole

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Cole

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:Did he ever agree a new contract with Chelsea?
I'd love to get him in as a right winger for us. Johnson on the left Cole on the right would terrify defences.
If he hasn't agreed a new contract I think the board need to get right on the job as I don't think Shauny is cutting it recently.
I was begging for him to come on last night, and all he did was disappoint when he did.

I disagree completely about SWP last night!!

He came on and he instantly scared the living shit out of Bolton - won several free kicks and tormented the defence into allowing space for us to enforce our passing game. He needs to start the next game IMO, with Jinky on the left.

I know it comes from his days at Boro but can we drop this "Jinky" moniker and come up with something - anything - else? It really is proper shit and has to be one of the ponciest nicknames ever given to a footballer, second only to "Giggsy".
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:00 pm

Well its all in opinion.
I feel in recent weeks Shaun has been pretty much ineffective.
Tell me I'm wrong, whatever, it's my opinion and I'm keeping it.
you can all lick my sweaty bollocks.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:02 pm

SWP came on and spent 5 mins on the right
5 minutes on the left
5 minutes up front
5 minutes in the middle of the park

I didnt have a clue where he was supposed to be playing, but he used the ball very effectively and gave Robinson a new arsehole to compliment the one that Johnson gave him in the first half.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
I'd love to get him in as a right winger for us. Johnson on the left Cole on the right would terrify defences.
If he hasn't agreed a new contract I think the board need to get right on the job as I don't think Shauny is cutting it recently.
I was begging for him to come on last night, and all he did was disappoint when he did.

He came on and he instantly scared the living shit out of Bolton - won several free kicks and tormented the defence into allowing space for us to enforce our passing game. He needs to start the next game IMO, with Jinky on the left.

I know it comes from his days at Boro but can we drop this "Jinky" moniker and come up with something - anything - else? It really is proper shit and has to be one of the ponciest nicknames ever given to a footballer, second only to "Giggsy".

Yeah, lets all try and think of a really cool nickname will we? Like Schlong, or two's or Mad Frank, or errrr.... no lets not.

Jinky is his nickname and it compliments his style of play, so that's what I'll call him.
Original Dub

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Joe Cole is a gifted Footballer who could turn in Match winning performances if he's used correctly - but I don't think he'd be the right signing for us. Although someone younger in his mould would be very welcome.

The idea of Cole coming here doesn't excite me. I think he'd frustrate too many people.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Yeah, lets all try and think of a really cool nickname will we? Like Schlong, or two's or Mad Frank, or errrr.... no lets not.

Jinky is his nickname and it compliments his style of play, so that's what I'll call him.

i believe it's officially Adson Jinkinho to be precise. Tricks, with all the fiber needed to pull off something serious when you bear down and have to grunt a little.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Alioune DVToure » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

How about "Johnson" or "AJ"? Doesn't have to be clever, it just has to not be shockingly crap. "JInky" is a toss nickname and I feel like a prat saying it. Johnson is fine, I'll leave "Jinky" to the eight-year-olds.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Beeks » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Colin Bells nickname was Nijinsky...not a million miles away with Jinky
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho