Joe Cole

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Joe Cole

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Did he ever agree a new contract with Chelsea?
I'd love to get him in as a right winger for us. Johnson on the left Cole on the right would terrify defences.
If he hasn't agreed a new contract I think the board need to get right on the job as I don't think Shauny is cutting it recently.
I was begging for him to come on last night, and all he did was disappoint when he did.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Re: Joe Cole

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:Did he ever agree a new contract with Chelsea?
I'd love to get him in as a right winger for us. Johnson on the left Cole on the right would terrify defences.
If he hasn't agreed a new contract I think the board need to get right on the job as I don't think Shauny is cutting it recently.
I was begging for him to come on last night, and all he did was disappoint when he did.

I disagree completely about SWP last night!!

He came on and he instantly scared the living shit out of Bolton - won several free kicks and tormented the defence into allowing space for us to enforce our passing game. He needs to start the next game IMO, with Jinky on the left.
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Theres no news on him signing a new contract at chelsea as far as i know, i do agree that we should try and get him he would be a top signing for us.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:

He came on and he instantly scared the living shit out of Bolton - won several free kicks and tormented the defence into allowing space for us to enforce our passing game. He needs to start the next game IMO, with Jinky on the left.

That was how i interpreted SWP's arrival last night.

We should defo get both him and Johnson out as wide as possible, allowing space for one holding midfielder (barry, Vieira, NDJ) and one attacking (ireland, ???). far too congested in the middle of the park last night
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:

thats what i thought. its daft that he has not been starting. always good to have a winger on that is willing to have a pop at the full back. him and johnson/ bellamy on the wings please bobby manc.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby M147WN » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Field glasses for B.Lewis 3rd tier! Just left of the nerds!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy!
M147WN
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:59 pm

I agree that if he's out of contract we should try agreeing a deal for him, he can play both on the right wing and as an attacking midfielder behind the strikers so he would give us different options during a game without having to do a sub.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby kennyboy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:02 pm

We got the new Joe Cole...Adam Johnson, played outstanding last night;)
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm

kennyboy wrote:We got the new Joe Cole...Adam Johnson, played outstanding last night;)

Wouldn't hurt to have the old one too for a couple season though ;)
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 pm

You know what, I've never rated Joe Cole that highly. He has got tricks but has never had enough end product for me. There are betters out there.

And considering he is professional Cockney, I doubt he'd leave London.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby walmai » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:12 pm

SWP is comfortably a better winger than Joe Cole.
Can believe you think otherwise, Ant.

Edit - he is not a cockney.
Nor am I, but it drives me nuts to hear him described as one.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:39 pm

according to the papers we're set to offer him more money than chelski and he will accept it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Nah, sorry. Not having it.
Shaun has suddenly picked up a terrible habit of doing Emile Heskey impressions on the pitch.
He's on the deck more than he's running. He keeps tripping over the ball, or leaving it behind him when he's dribbling.
Don't get me wrong, I love SWP to bits, but I'm thinking for the good of the squad, having SWP and Joe Cole fighting it out for RW spot will only do us good.

For the record I rate SWP above Cole as a winger too, but I can't help feel anxious about the majority of his performances this season.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:Nah, sorry. Not having it.
Shaun has suddenly picked up a terrible habit of doing Emile Heskey impressions on the pitch.
He's on the deck more than he's running. He keeps tripping over the ball, or leaving it behind him when he's dribbling.
Don't get me wrong, I love SWP to bits, but I'm thinking for the good of the squad, having SWP and Joe Cole fighting it out for RW spot will only do us good.

For the record I rate SWP above Cole as a winger too, but I can't help feel anxious about the majority of his performances this season.

I would agree with you on some of his performances, but you're well wide of the mark on last night's performance mate - he caused havoc with their defence from the word go and the reason he ended up on the deck two or three times was because they had to foul him to stop him.

I hope to god he starts on the right with Petrov on the left.
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:34 pm

My problem with SWP is he nearly ALWAYS tries to bite off more than he can chew. He constantly runs at defenders and trys to take the ball round them when there is he has open options. It frustrates the fuck out of me. Don't get me wrong when he pulls it off he looks fucking good doing it and he certainly has the skill to pull it off now and again but you just rue the chance that probably could have come off a decent pass to the striker that was lurking on the edge of the box unmarked or whatever. It's why we love him though because he goes for it and when he pulls it off we love him even more.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:

I would agree with you on some of his performances, but you're well wide of the mark on last night's performance mate - he caused havoc with their defence from the word go and the reason he ended up on the deck two or three times was because they had to foul him to stop him.

You could have put anyone you wanted on the right yesterday mate, it was the change in shape of the team that caused the havoc.

Shaun ran into dead end after dead end - for the umpteenth time this season
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beeks » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:41 pm

I have no idea what fucking planet you lot are on but until we signed AJ Shaun was the only fucker willing to run at defences...the fact that he loses the ball alot only means he's having a fucking go...at least he's not pissing off to Santos for a siesta

SHAUNY IN!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:45 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I have no idea what fucking planet you lot are on but until we signed AJ Shaun was the only fucker willing to run at defences...the fact that he loses the ball alot only means he's having a fucking go...at least he's not pissing off to Santos for a siesta

SHAUNY IN!

Couldn't agree more. I've lost will to live occasionally reading all the moaning about SWP. He takes the ball from our own half and more often than not manages to bring it to opposition box. He can go past player as well as anybody in the game. And if he loses the ball, he is immediately back up to try and win it back.

Usually these very same people moan in next topic about lack of effort!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

You could have put anyone you wanted on the right yesterday mate, it was the change in shape of the team that caused the havoc.

Shaun ran into dead end after dead end - for the umpteenth time this season

Nope.
Original Dub

Postby Mike J » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:55 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:I have no idea what fucking planet you lot are on but until we signed AJ Shaun was the only fucker willing to run at defences...the fact that he loses the ball alot only means he's having a fucking go...at least he's not pissing off to Santos for a siesta

SHAUNY IN!

exactly!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum