Carry on Carlos, says friendly rival Ade

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Carry on Carlos, says friendly rival Ade

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Emmanuel Adebayor is happy to see strike partner Carlos Tevez take the lion's share of City's goals if the glory goes to Roberto Mancini's team in May.

The Togo skipper, who has netted in all three of his comeback games, fell behind in-form leading scorer Tevez when he missed a month due to the African Nations Cup tragedy.

But Manu insisted that the little Argentine took the spot kick against Bolton on Tuesday night after Adam Johnson had bamboozled defender Paul Robinson into a reckless challenge.

Tevez duly blasted his 19th goal of the campaign to pave the way to a 2-0 victory that lifted the Blues to the same points as fourth-place Liverpool with a game in hand.

Adey said: "I'm not trying to catch him - if Carlos can win the Golden Boot then I'll be more than happy for him. He's working hard, he's a good player and at the end of the day what is important is that the team achieve things.

"We are all here to bring our skills together to achieve things and make our dreams happen. That's why I left him the penalty against Bolton. I asked him, 'do you want to take it?' and he told me 'yes', so I gave it to him straight away."

Manu hit four in the first five games of the season but his brilliant volley against Bolton to clinch the points was only his ninth goal of the season, albeit in 16 League games.

He said: "If he can score 30 goals and I only score a few, I'll be more than happy. Because if Carlos and his goals help us to win things, I'll be very happy for us all.

"We still have a chance to be at Wembley in the FA Cup and are in the running for fourth place in the Premier League. We will keep going and enjoy ourselves. We want to keep that dream."

mcfc.co.uk
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Carry on Carlos, says friendly rival Ade

Postby Goataldo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Ooh matron!
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Return to The Maine Football forum