WHEN you bumped into a premier league player

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WHEN you bumped into a premier league player

Postby Fish111 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:04 am

Delivering some gear to the aircraft shop in a building somewhere in Manchester Airport (where all the plane-spotting geeks go) and Van Nistleroy, Fletcher & Scholes got in the same lift. They had an away game in Europe somwhere. Ignorant bunch of fuckers they were.

Had a great night with Trevor Sinclair & David Dunn in the Fantasy Bar some time ago as well. Both smoke like feckin chimneys and we had a laugh winding Dunn up saying Fergie was outside asking about him and he believed us!! He couldn't put his fag out quick enough. Not the sharpest knife in the draw that lad. Ended up sitting & drinking with them well into the early hours, top lads.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:24 am

Fish111 wrote:Delivering some gear to the aircraft shop in a building somewhere in Manchester Airport (where all the plane-spotting geeks go) and Van Nistleroy, Fletcher & Scholes got in the same lift. They had an away game in Europe somwhere. Ignorant bunch of fuckers they were.

Had a great night with Trevor Sinclair & David Dunn in the Fantasy Bar some time ago as well. Both smoke like feckin chimneys and we had a laugh winding Dunn up saying Fergie was outside asking about him and he believed us!! He couldn't put his fag out quick enough. Not the sharpest knife in the draw that lad. Ended up sitting & drinking with them well into the early hours, top lads.

Is David Dunn a City fan mate? I heard he was and actually comes watching us a bit, but my mate who's a Rovers fan is sure that he's always supported Blackburn.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Alex Sapphire » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:30 am

MaseCTID wrote:
Fish111 wrote:Delivering some gear to the aircraft shop in a building somewhere in Manchester Airport (where all the plane-spotting geeks go) and Van Nistleroy, Fletcher & Scholes got in the same lift. They had an away game in Europe somwhere. Ignorant bunch of fuckers they were.

Is David Dunn a City fan mate? I heard he was and actually comes watching us a bit, but my mate who's a Rovers fan is sure that he's always supported Blackburn.

I think he's a blue. I followed him to the ground recently
Nice lambo with a number which was a lot like D DUNN, but no idea how
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueinBosnia » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:Nice lambo with a number which was a lot like D DUNN, but no idea how

D8 UNN, with an illegal yellow plug in the '8', and illegal spacing.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:

I think he's a blue. I followed him to the ground recently
Nice lambo with a number which was a lot like D DUNN, but no idea how

This about Dunn just jogged my memory

Did a mortgage for David Dunn and his Mrs at the time, Sammy Winward from emmerdale.

Also did one for Matt Jansen. He was a lovely guy, but his father in law works as his agent and is an absolute fucking twat. Feel sorry for Matt with what happened, but glad that the old cunt's fucking gravy train has stopped.

Dropped my mates bird off at her house one night, and she asks us both if we fancy a brew. Walked in the very nice house and Garry Flitcroft was sat on the setee, it was his sister. Was a really nice guy, we had a good laugh with him, and met him a number of times after that on nights out
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 pm

City1970 wrote:
The weirdest ones was meeting David Platt, In bari, in Italy, (whom he was playing for at the time), as he was walking near the sea front, not long after he had joined them. At the time i was in the navy, and I was with a bunch of mates, and he was quite friendly, especially when i said I lived in Crewe, even offering tickets for the next Bari home match, pointed out my best mate and i went the same school as his wife (she was 2 years above me at Shavington School), and my mate had given her one in the chicken shed at school (i was very pissed). At school she was what we call very "User friendly".
The other weird one was at Butlins in either 1979 or 1980, in Phwelli. They had a Football training school set up, and who was running it, none other than Colin Bell. He spent most of the time chatting to my dad (who he had known at City), instead of actually training the kids.

So let me get this straight. You meet feller walking on his own in distant country who you regocnize. You go on to him, let him know that you know who he is and tell him that you know a guy who has porked his missus back in the day?

How to make friends and be succesfull!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:39 pm

pepsi_dave wrote:
Was out for a stag do the other month in town, and we were in the Living rooms when the whole villa squad who had just lost a blackburn arrived, one of our lads was a massive villa fan and apparently has some links within the club, seemed to get on quite well the likes of reo coker, carew, and gardener, but unsurprising of all, must be that agbonlahor is, as he appears on TV, miserable, arrogant, no, VERY arrogant, cocky, stuck up his own arse, looking down his nose at everyone, and just seemed like a generaly twat, totally ignored this bloke who was with us, despite the other players appearing to know him well enough to have a laugh and joke with him.

Maybe that's what Joey was trying to tell him??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:53 am

I used to work in moon under the water and piccadilly wetherspoons a few years ago and was always in and around town. I met my gf in town near where the big wheel is now and was walking up to market street. I looked over to the left hand side of the road and i saw someone i reconised i said to my gf "that looks like sibierski" she said "who" so i said "a player that plays for city" she said "oh right".

I ran across the road to catch up to him he was near selfridges and stopped him and said "are you sibierski" he said "yeah" so i wished him good luck with the season and told him i was season ticket holder with city. I told him where i sat an he said hell look out for me when he scores lol

Thing i remember most how tall he was im only 5"7 so not hard but when i tapped him on the arm he was like a rock must train in the gym alot on the weights.

Also working in the moon under the water i was 2 doors away from the living room and i saw most of the blackburn team when dickov was playing for them and went over to say hello in my wetherspoons uniform and wished him the best in the future. I asked him if he wanted to put a shift in at the moon and help me close up as he works hard on the pitch and he declined saying he was relaxing. So he dont work his ass off that much dont you all be fooled!
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City1970 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:36 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
City1970 wrote:
The weirdest ones was meeting David Platt, In bari, in Italy, (whom he was playing for at the time), as he was walking near the sea front, not long after he had joined them. At the time i was in the navy, and I was with a bunch of mates, and he was quite friendly, especially when i said I lived in Crewe, even offering tickets for the next Bari home match, pointed out my best mate and i went the same school as his wife (she was 2 years above me at Shavington School), and my mate had given her one in the chicken shed at school (i was very pissed). At school she was what we call very "User friendly".
The other weird one was at Butlins in either 1979 or 1980, in Phwelli. They had a Football training school set up, and who was running it, none other than Colin Bell. He spent most of the time chatting to my dad (who he had known at City), instead of actually training the kids.

So let me get this straight. You meet feller walking on his own in distant country who you regocnize. You go on to him, let him know that you know who he is and tell him that you know a guy who has porked his missus back in the day?

How to make friends and be succesfull!

If I remember rightly, I think he came over to us, I think cos one of the lads I was with had an england top or a U****d top on. Most of it was pretty hazy as i was really hammered. We spoke about Crewe, as I had met him a couple of times there, and seen him in a few states in the local watering holes, and thats when it slipped out about his missus.
I used to feel bad about it, but now I have seen him on Sky slagging us off all the time, i wished I had told him some more.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby CityGer » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:59 am

Don't know if scottish premier league footallers count but I met Ronald De Boer, Frank De Boer, Artur Numan and Michel Mols in TGI's in Glasgow. Artur Numan was a gent and couldn't have been more forthcoming as was Mols, the De Boers were quiet but nice enough. The most striking thing was Mols' misses who has to be the least attractive footbllers wife ever. Met a lot of the Rangers 9 in a row squad and the current side at the time through Andy Goram who I used to play Cricket with just after he returned from his spell at the swamp.

SaId hello to Frank Lampard and his Dad at COMS just before the uefa cup final. Sat next to George Burley (likes a drink), Jan Wouters (stunning and very friendly wife who kept asking me for a cig) and Dick Advoaat at hampdump once.

Most were all really pleasant. The only cunt sportsman I've met is Ricky Ponting but that's O/T
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby HeyMark » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:26 am

CityGer wrote:Don't know if scottish premier league footallers count but I met Ronald De Boer, Frank De Boer, Artur Numan and Michel Mols in TGI's in Glasgow. Artur Numan was a gent and couldn't have been more forthcoming as was Mols, the De Boers were quiet but nice enough. The most striking thing was Mols' misses who has to be the least attractive footbllers wife ever. Met a lot of the Rangers 9 in a row squad and the current side at the time through Andy Goram who I used to play Cricket with just after he returned from his spell at the swamp.

SaId hello to Frank Lampard and his Dad at COMS just before the uefa cup final. Sat next to George Burley (likes a drink), Jan Wouters (stunning and very friendly wife who kept asking me for a cig) and Dick Advoaat at hampdump once.

Most were all really pleasant. The only cunt sportsman I've met is Ricky Ponting but that's O/T

Tell the story
HeyMark
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum