WHEN you bumped into a premier league player

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

WHEN you bumped into a premier league player

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:18 pm

I did actually bump into one a few years ago literally, and i'd fucking love to bump into him again

Michael Brown going for a piss in the living room about 3/4 years ago. I said "sorry mate" without realising who it was, only to be told "fuck off you prick. He ended up on the floor in the ensuing scuffle, and best bit was, the shithouse screamed "dont hit my face". Cunt.

Irritatingly, best contact I had was in the bogs in Royals a good while ago, haing a laugh with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs after the 3-3 draw with Barcelona. Rag cunts, but they were good lads, took the stick on the chin and carried on the banter and got the beers in after. They obviously pitied me.

Also Steven Gerrard, can't praise him highly enough for the photo with my boy - top lad
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Re: WHEN you bumped into a premier league player

Postby Tony P » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:30 pm

I'm glad you mentioned this. I met Giggs once and the cunt was really nice.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:12 am

Trod on Dennis Tueart's injured toe when I was a kid.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:14 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Trod on Dennis Tueart's injured toe when I was a kid.

Hope you apologised
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 am

johnpb78 wrote:

Hope you apologised

I mumbled something of that nature I think as he gave a sharp intake of breath & hurried away.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:23 am

I had dinner on the next table to Nicolas Anelka and Sylvain Distin in the Living Room a good few years back, Saturday night after a match at Maine Road, was with my gf who'd also been to the match and ended up talking to them both for a couple of hours and both were charming fellas.

Met Gary McAllister and Jamie (and Louise) Redknapp at the same venue but at a party upstairs (Heskey was there too but didn't talk to him). McAllister is fookin MASSIVE.....well tall

Titus Bramble...trying it on with a girl I was seeing when I was in Newcastle and I was in the loo

Robbie Savage in Panacea last year.....very tanned, terrible terrible dress sense

John Terry (and his then bird, now wife) staying in the same hotel in Dubai during World Cup 2002, watched a couple of matches together in the bar, both slating the abovementioned Emile Heskey vs Denmark....just before he scored!

And Mido most recently

Oh and Nat Lofthouse a couple of years ago at some charity dinner a friend's mum organised....lovely old fella
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 am

ant london wrote:I had dinner on the next table to Nicolas Anelka and Sylvain Distin in the Living Room a good few years back, Saturday night after a match at Maine Road, was with my gf who'd also been to the match and ended up talking to them both for a couple of hours and both were charming fellas.

Met Gary McAllister and Jamie (and Louise) Redknapp at the same venue but at a party upstairs (Heskey was there too but didn't talk to him). McAllister is fookin MASSIVE.....well tall

Titus Bramble...trying it on with a girl I was seeing when I was in Newcastle and I was in the loo

Robbie Savage in Panacea last year.....very tanned, terrible terrible dress sense

John Terry (and his then bird, now wife) staying in the same hotel in Dubai during World Cup 2002, watched a couple of matches together in the bar, both slating the abovementioned Emile Heskey vs Denmark....just before he scored!

And Mido most recently

Oh and Nat Lofthouse a couple of years ago at some charity dinner a friend's mum organised....lovely old fella

but none of them fell over right? :-)
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby King Kev » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:30 am

johnpb78 wrote:I did actually bump into one a few years ago literally, and i'd fucking love to bump into him again

Michael Brown going for a piss in the living room about 3/4 years ago. I said "sorry mate" without realising who it was, only to be told "fuck off you prick. He ended up on the floor in the ensuing scuffle, and best bit was, the shithouse screamed "dont hit my face". Cunt.

Irritatingly, best contact I had was in the bogs in Royals a good while ago, haing a laugh with Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs after the 3-3 draw with Barcelona. Rag cunts, but they were good lads, took the stick on the chin and carried on the banter and got the beers in after. They obviously pitied me.

Also Steven Gerrard, can't praise him highly enough for the photo with my boy - top lad

Do you just hang around toilets looking for footballers??
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:36 am

And that's where it all went wrong for City. Oh what could've been....
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:34 am

Living in Dubai, the chances of bumping into EPL players are not great, even though a lot of them do spend time here. I think John
Terry is expected any day now.
However it did happen to me while having dinner one night a few years ago and who happended to be sitting a few tables away.
None other than Garry Neville (of all people !).
I mentioned it to my wife and she said, why don't you go and say Hi. My response was, no fucking way.
To johnpb78
I was wondering what Michael Brown was doing in yr living room until a few posts later, it became clear that The Living Room is actually a restaurant .LOL.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Michael Brookes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:34 am

Sweep in Babygrand far too many times than I like to remember! spoke to him a few times when a drunken mess and i'll infer from the fact that he hasnt told me to piss off that hes not all that bad!
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:00 am

Petrov in PC World
Berkovic, Bernabia, Tiatto and D Etuhu in the gym (Dickson was surprised I knew him the day after his debut)
Paulo Wanchope in the hot tub (that was Mrs Sapphire)
Beckscum in M&S (the store, not the club)
Vidic in Tesco
Friedel in Starbucks
Richard Wright collecting a chinese (i think he'd let in 4 that day)
They're all over the place
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:57 am

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:I did actually bump into one a few years ago literally, and i'd fucking love to bump into him again

Do you just hang around toilets looking for footballers??

Yep, i'd let them bum me for £10k as well!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am

Oh forgot, was behind Posh & Becks in the 10 items or less queue at Tesco's in Prestwich years ago too

And, saw Lee Sharpe in Discotheque Royale years and years and years ago......don't think that was exactly a rare sighting tho!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:51 am

Just Kevin Davies in a waterpark in Majorca for me, he was there with his 2 kids. My lad wanted to get his autograph but I left him in peace
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 am

Met the Goat on my 18th birthday and he was a lovely bloke, just as you'd imagine. Otherwise, seen loads of the players around - Berkovic in Kendal's, Tiatto at City, Wiekens at Manchester Airport.

As for non-city, David May often drinks in the pubs around our way and my old man knows Chris Lucketti really well.

Oh yeah - on the way back from the 4-3 derby our supporters' bus was going down that road past the West Stand (or whatever it's called) at the swamp (towards the Trafford Centre) and Wes Brown went past. Unfortunately, he was gone before we had the chance to give him any shit. We were just settling back into our seats when Macheda pulls up alongside in the passenger seat of a Ford Focus being driven by a middle-aged woman (his mum?). When everyone started banging on the window, he looked up, smiled and waved. When he realised we were all abusing him (probably at the moment he realised were were screaming "fuck ooooooooofffff!" and not "Federico!", he laughed and started flashing us "4-3" on his hands. He took it in good spirits actually and it was pretty funny.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Surrey Sky Blue » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 am

Showed Joe Cole two houses in Weybridge (nice guy bit thick!)

Petre Cech walks past my office 2 - 3 times a week pushing his kid in their buggy nice guy said hello a few times. Also had his wife in the office picking up some details on a house while he waited outside with his labrador when he first moved to the area.

Petre Crouch lives in Weybridge and see him and Clancey mooching around the town and also had a brief chat with him in a cue in Waitrose. She is MINT with or without make up FACT!
Hark now hear, The City sing, United ran away, And we will fight for ever more, Because of Derby day.
Surrey Sky Blue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Shorter working days
My favourite player is: Zabba!!

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:43 am

god I've met loads.
Sat with Kinky, Curley and Kit Symons in a box at the nynex (remember that?) watching Manchester Storm ice hockey. My old man used to get tickets for my school all the time when he was Junior Blues secretary. I went with School then my dad came and got me at half time and took me up to the box where they were sat. Think I embarrased him a bit coz I was screaming at me school mate so they could see I was sat with Kinky. Loved it. We all went and met the storm players aswell that night. top night.
Old man again took me into the blue room at maine road, where the players had a beer after the game. Met Quinny, Phelan, Fitzroy Simpson, Brian Laws (?????? think we played Forest), loads of others but can't remember that night coz I was really little.
Tony Coton is my Dad's mate. He gave me some signed Sondico gloves for christmas.
Did my work experience from school in the offices at City in 99. Worked with Sara Billington who was David Bernstein's PA. Had to do office junior duties for all the execs ie Ali Mac, Bernard Halford ie. Spent a day Helping Mike Summerbee arrange some community work. Best of all I was ringing round every football club doing research on something, when the chairman walked in the office. Shat meself. He spent the whole day working on the desk next to mine. He even (and nobody believes me on this, but I swear to god its true) let me pick what shirt we would play in next season. had a choice of three and I picked this one;
it was our first season with EIDOS and I also met Lara Croft. Mr Bernstein was class. A proper nice bloke.
Also spent a day on the switchboard in reception. All the players came into the office for some reason so I met Terry Cook, Andy Morrison, Whitley, Dickov, Goater. More again but can't remember. I remember buzzing off Morrison's convertible BMW M3.

Been lucky really that my Dad had contacts at City as a kid coz I was the envy of all my mates getting to meet players.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby steve isle of man » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Played in the end-of-season fans eleven a side on the Eastlands pitch last year and met P.Barnes, A.May, Buzzer and a few others. Seen Michael Brown at the ground. Andy Morrison was in our section at the Barcelona opening-day game. All the Everton lads having their Christmas dinner in Jesmond Newcastle (Steve Watson's idea)? Shearer, Albert and all that gang knocking around Jesmond's bars. Bartez and that model around Manchester centre. Martin Peters in a charity match I played in. NObbie Stiles (a distant relly). Peter NOble (had sports stall in Burnley market). Alan Stubbs - on a flight to Malaga (Easyjet!). Bozo Zenden (on a flight from Athens to Amsterdam). Nobby Solano (friend of a friend - family man/nobbing king depending on where u caught him).
steve isle of man
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels

Postby Steve » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:31 pm

I had my occassion with Shaun and Joe Cole in a club. Del Horno was out too with his massive feet.

I also allegedly saw Sylvain Distin somewhere naughty.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum