next 6 games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

next 6 games

Postby blue wine » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:39 am

Stoke A W
scouse 1 H W
Chelski A D
spurs H W
Sunderland A W
Fulham A L

13pts will do me
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Re: next 6 games

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:45 am

You have us down to draw at Stamford and lose at Craven Cottage? May I ask why?

Anyways, that's a rough run of six games. We need 10 points from those games imo. Draws against Scousepool and Tottenham are must results.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:54 am

Svensational wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You have us down to draw at Stamford and lose at Craven Cottage? May I ask why?

Anyways, that's a rough run of six games. We need 10 points from those games imo. Draws against Scousepool and Tottenham are must results.

If we beat Liverpool and spurs at home, it would relieve the pain of being beaten away to Sunderland and Stoke definately.

HAHA

That aren't you locked on typical City mate. I have a feeling we'll do Stoke. Not so sure about Sunderland. The way our central defence plays, I don't like the idea of Bent in and around our box.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am

I honestly can't see us getting more than 7 or 8 points, but I'm MORE than happy to be proved wrong. Think we'll lose at Stoke and Chelsea and even if we win our 2 tough home games I'm not confident of a win at either Sunderland or Fulham
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 am

Svensational wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Svensational wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You have us down to draw at Stamford and lose at Craven Cottage? May I ask why?

If we beat Liverpool and spurs at home, it would relieve the pain of being beaten away to Sunderland and Stoke definately.

HAHA

That aren't you locked on typical City mate. I have a feeling we'll do Stoke. Not so sure about Sunderland. The way our central defence plays, I don't like the idea of Bent in and around our box.

You can see where im coming from though yeah? Especially after our last 2 league away games.

Yeah mate. We were shite against Everton and Hull was absolute shock to the system.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:35 am

blue wine wrote:Stoke A W
scouse 1 H W
Chelski A D
spurs H W
Sunderland A W
Fulham A L

13pts will do me

we should get 15 points atleast, beating scouse n spurs at home will basically give is a free run to 4th with both of them bhing having played more games, we'll probably play given 9 defensive midfielders and tevez though and end up fucking it up
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:38 am

ashton287 wrote:
blue wine wrote:Stoke A W
scouse 1 H W
Chelski A D
spurs H W
Sunderland A W
Fulham A L

13pts will do me

we should get 15 points atleast, beating scouse n spurs at home will basically give is a free run to 4th with both of them bhing having played more games, we'll probably play given 9 defensive midfielders and tevez though and end up fucking it up

You are going to be really really really disappointed after those 6 games. I can assure you that. There's not a chance in hell we'd get 15 points out of 18.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

Great to see the optimism/belief is still rampant. I wonder how many points we will get IF we play as well/badly in these games as we have in the last 4?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great to see the optimism/belief is still rampant. I wonder how many points we will get IF we play as well/badly in these games as we have in the last 4?

Exactly my point
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:54 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Great to see the optimism/belief is still rampant. I wonder how many points we will get IF we play as well/badly in these games as we have in the last 4?

18, of course ;)

Seriously though, I'm most worried about Stoke and Sunderland away, and maybe Fulham too. The games against Chelsea, Pool and Spurs, strangely, don't worry me as much because I believe we will raise our game because of the opposition (for Spurs, the fact they tonked us 3-0 might play a part too, if our players have any kind of pride).
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:57 am

craigmcfc wrote:

Exactly my point

Yes, but we surely will improve from here on. New factors:
1. Lescott and Bridge are back and playing well.
2. We now have AJ who can change any game. VP is not a bad additon also. RSC close to comeback.
3. Ade has regained his apetite for scoring and doing it the spectacular way, not just tap ins.
4. Zabba's form in the last match (may it last) and Micah is always there to take over.

In addition the 2 games in hand will give us a cushion even if psychological.The 2 home matches against Scouse and Spuds are must wins. They are both 6 pointers !
I'm optomistic.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:12 am

well earlier in the season we got 11 points from games against these teams.
As we have home advantage against Spuds and Scouse we may get more than the 1 we got from those 2 games.
Fulham we can beat
Chelsea at theirs is a tall order.
So anything more than 15 will be an improvement.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby avoidconfusion » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 am

Considering how shit our performances have been in the last few games:

Stoke A D
scouse 1 H D
Chelski A L
spurs H D
Sunderland A W
Fulham A D

7 points.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:17 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:well earlier in the season we got 11 points from games against these teams.
As we have home advantage against Spuds and Scouse we may get more than the 1 we got from those 2 games.
Fulham we can beat
Chelsea at theirs is a tall order.
So anything more than 15 will be an improvement.

Wouldn't 12 points actually be improvement?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:20 am

This is true, especially at the rate we're going. I did some homework last night, loooking at how many points would typically get you fourth place in a twenty team Premier League. Since the first one in 1994/95, the highest total has been 76 points (Liverpool in 07/08), the lowest has been 60 points (Liverpool in 04/05) and the average has been 67 points. If we carry on at our current rate of knots, we're due to hit 70 points (only ever surpassed in 01/02, 07/08 and 08/09), so with the two games in hand we have I'd say that draws against Villa, Spurs and Liverpool would be fine if we keep picking up points elsewhere. The only concern is that these three fixtures are all at home so we'd have to pick it up a bit away from home. I'm still tipping us to grab 4th place, but I think we'll do it by a maximum 3-point margin and it might well go down to the last week. Fingers crossed.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Somerset Blue » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:02 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Anyways, that's a rough run of six games. We need 10 points from those games imo. Draws against Scousepool and Tottenham are must results.

I'd be disappointed if we only got 2 points from Scousers and Spuds - I think we will raise our game. Although anything from Chelski will be a bonus.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:18 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Anyways, that's a rough run of six games. We need 10 points from those games imo. Draws against Scousepool and Tottenham are must results.

I'd be disappointed if we only got 2 points from Scousers and Spuds - I think we will raise our game. Although anything from Chelski will be a bonus.

Yeah but what he's getting at is right - we'd be better off with a draw from both than a win and a defeat, such are our respective positions in the table. We have the initiative with the games in hand. Obviously 4 or 6 points would be better but we need at least a point from each match.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Svensational wrote:

HAHA

There's surely a puerile laugh to be had here somewhere.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:59 pm

11pts from that 6 would be exactly the same form we have had up to now so far this season.

So taking 12pts would be an improvement yes. It would be the kind of overall results that would grab us 4th if that average carried on till june.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Typical City » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:30 am

It's game by game time now. Get a win at stoke, playing the fast, quick thinkers, a must on the counter behind a robust CDM and then bring on the bins. That's the big one cause they are the main rivals for fourth.
Typical City
Robinho's Step Over

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum