Ireland blames poor form on Hughes

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ireland blames poor form on Hughes

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:01 pm

dikdik wrote:
We played our best away 45 minutes with him at the tip of a diamond formation in our 3 -0 win at Wolves.

I'm sorry mate but that's simply not true. He started there, he was shite, we struggled, he struggled, so Mancini stuck him on the right & we improved.

That's the problem everyone is ignoring; when he has played in his 'preferred' position, so far, he's been average or worse there too. He needs to start playing better, pure & simple.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Seems the lad's had a change of heart and where once you praised him for his public support if Hughes now you bury him

You're a fickle lot :)

You very rarely ever post without insinuating some sort of agenda or connection with hughes.

I'm only saying this one more time, because I've put it in several threads already:

He praised hughes and proclaimed how happy he was throughout last season, in the summer and going into this season. He has clearly been played out of position and has now said he found it frustrating.

Some folk are making it out like he is saying he's delighted and then turns around the next day and says he's very unhappy.

Its horse shit. The only problem with stevie ireland is that he obviously is lost as a holding mid or on the right or left. He is an outstanding playmaker who got City POTY and was nominated for YPOTY in the premier league whilst playing in that position.

Its quite simple really.

So bob mate, leave the hughes thing alone, its getting boring as fuck. You insinuated it was a "Hughes vs Mancini" debate that was actually going on in my "hamburg or U***d" thread. What a load of bollox, that was about special nights in our recent history.

Let it go.

Hughes was a useless cunt

Sans insinuation enough?

And as the topic thread is about Ireland talking about Hughes its kind of difficult not to bring Hughes into the equation. Its not as if I started the bloody thread. I can't even start threads. I assume there is some sort of test before you can start a thread. No doubt involving rolled up trouser legs, jars of lube and an oddly shaped beetroot.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:27 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Seems the lad's had a change of heart and where once you praised him for his public support if Hughes now you bury him

You very rarely ever post without insinuating some sort of agenda or connection with hughes.

I'm only saying this one more time, because I've put it in several threads already:

He praised hughes and proclaimed how happy he was throughout last season, in the summer and going into this season. He has clearly been played out of position and has now said he found it frustrating.

Some folk are making it out like he is saying he's delighted and then turns around the next day and says he's very unhappy.

Its horse shit. The only problem with stevie ireland is that he obviously is lost as a holding mid or on the right or left. He is an outstanding playmaker who got City POTY and was nominated for YPOTY in the premier league whilst playing in that position.

Its quite simple really.

So bob mate, leave the hughes thing alone, its getting boring as fuck. You insinuated it was a "Hughes vs Mancini" debate that was actually going on in my "hamburg or U***d" thread. What a load of bollox, that was about special nights in our recent history.

Let it go.

Sans insinuation enough?

And as the topic thread is about Ireland talking about Hughes its kind of difficult not to bring Hughes into the equation. Its not as if I started the bloody thread. I can't even start threads. I assume there is some sort of test before you can start a thread. No doubt involving rolled up trouser legs, jars of lube and an oddly shaped beetroot.

Maybe so, but the "Hamburg vs United" thread wasn't about hughes either, nor were countless other threads.

You make it clear you hated hughes and have listed some reasons as to why. One of those reasons was "he can't manage a football team", so forgive me for not taking you too serious on the matter.

also, you haven't said a negative word about mancini's management. So either he's perfect or you just like bitching constantly about the last guy?
Original Dub

Postby mr_nool » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:The biggest problem for/with Ireland is that he doesn't really work with Tevez. They play too similarly and want to occupy the same space. With the form Tevez has been in, Ireland will have to accept to either play out of position or be benched.

Or just adapt. Paul Scholes didn't have any problem with Tevez & Rooney both coming deep so neither should Ireland. Play football, create, score, tackle.

Of course. Accept and adapt is probably what I should've written. But adapting isn't just a question about being willing to. It's also a question about having the ability to.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Steve » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Oh my God people are so fickle. It's like last season never even happened. Stevie showed he was a superb player (as did Robinho, but another time I think) This season has been disrupted by injuries and we all know it takes at least a few games for a player to get up to his level of performance. Even more so when playing alongside completely different players. Stevie is an unbelievable player. He is top drawer, I can't believe he's being slagged off. At the moment he doesn't have a place in the team, and tactically Mancini hasn't one for him. If Mancini wants 3 midfielders who care more about their defensive duties, then Stevie is going to miss out more offen. I can't believe people are slagging Ireland off that, it's not his fault.

Ireland has engaged in a conversation, in which he has portrayed his thoughts. Unfortunately what he said has been printed, and now he's a cunt.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
mr_nool wrote:The biggest problem for/with Ireland is that he doesn't really work with Tevez. They play too similarly and want to occupy the same space. With the form Tevez has been in, Ireland will have to accept to either play out of position or be benched.

Or just adapt. Paul Scholes didn't have any problem with Tevez & Rooney both coming deep so neither should Ireland. Play football, create, score, tackle.

Of course. Accept and adapt is probably what I should've written. But adapting isn't just a question about being willing to. It's also a question about having the ability to.

By the looks of things he isn't good at adapting. And I'm sure its not for the want of trying. I think its pretty clear he is a fantastic playmaker who can throw in a good tackle here and there when needed but will never hold the midfield or grace the wing.

Paul Scholes is one of the worst tacklers I've seen in the prem. He was at his best in Stevie's position.

Play him there or sell him.
Original Dub

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Original Dub wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Its quite simple really.

Let it go.

Sans insinuation enough?

Maybe so, but the "Hamburg vs U***d" thread wasn't about hughes either, nor were countless other threads.

You make it clear you hated hughes and have listed some reasons as to why. One of those reasons was "he can't manage a football team", so forgive me for not taking you too serious on the matter.

also, you haven't said a negative word about mancini's management. So either he's perfect or you just like bitching constantly about the last guy?

Clearly you missed my two seperate references to being so pissed after the Hull game that I avoided all things City related for 48 hours until it cleared my system. Admittedly because I avoided places like this and didn't vent my annoyance you cannot have known that I was steaming about Mancini and that if he wants to keep his bloody job he needs to start grafting a winning, competative mentality onto these players toot suite.

So no he ain't perfect but equally I am can see that he has brought a better organisation and discipline to the team. Whether this can translate to a top 4 finish given the time he has had with the squad I do not know but it is academic because if he doesn't make it work then I think he will be gone in the summer.

At least Mancini has spared us volume II of 'The Bumper Book of Football Excuses' by Mark Hughes or 'why I needed 3 seasons, a billion quid and at least 3 new squads before I can think about mounting a challange for a top 4 spot'. It was due to be issued in Jan '10 alongside Stephen Ireland's 'Mark Hughes - The Best Man for the Job'.

I have a number you can ring if you want to order a copy
BobKowalski

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Irelands thoughts are revealing about the player himself rather than anything else if you ask me. What I find worrying about this is that he is having a go at the last manager for playing him anywhere but his best position. Isn't exactly the same happening now so isn't he basically having ago at Mancini as well?
Maybe that's why he is looking for a transfer according to one rag.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby eastlandsblue » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:17 pm

If we lose him, ( which we might ) they're will be alot of sad fans on this site and other forums. 3 managers are showing an interest Wenger Benitez and Taggert, now i wonder why? could it be because he's shit, or maybe because he has the potental to be world class.

Stephan Ireland is a creative midfielder and one of the best in the premier league, he should have won PFA young player of the year last year, and was robbed IMO. Anyone who thinks we would be better of without him is fulking delusional, and clueless for that matter.

If he's played in his prefered role behind the strikers we will witout a doubt see the player we had last year. If he ends up at another club, then we will definately be worse off, weakened, and one of our closest rivals will be stronger for it. Macini should stop pissing about and play players in their prefered roles, and we might just start playing better football
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 pm

No that won't be neccessary, but thanks for the number. So you only came on here to vent about hughes, but when you feel Mancini has fucked up, you keep it to yourself? Right so...

"I'm a manager not a magician" After loss to Everton
"If we play like we did in the second half, we'll make top four" After losing to HULL!

I'm all for every city manager being a success and I'm all for getting behind him, but it pisses me off slightly when I see people carry on like hughes hadn't a clue when all Mancini done was prove we can beat the lesser teams and lose to any half decent one.

You see organisation, I see fear, negativity and boring boring football.

So while Mancini might be more to your liking, he has done fuck all SO FAR to warrant him being the bollox and hughes not having a clue.

We have not progressed YET. Some folk are jumoing up and down like we have, when we've only played two decent teams and lost three times.

I've pasted this in the Mancini thread because I don't want it to ruin the Stevie thread....
Original Dub

Postby Vhero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Wow its amazing ain't it? He had his best season under Hughes and it's Hughes fault he was playing bad? Yeah makes fucking perfect sense Stevie. How about you learn to play in more than 1 position then start talking?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:35 pm

Vhero wrote:Wow its amazing ain't it? He had his best season under Hughes and it's Hughes fault he was playing bad? Yeah makes fucking perfect sense Stevie. How about you learn to play in more than 1 position then start talking?

Maybe he's talking about two different seasons and different positions? Is there a chance he might be? Some folk excel at one task and are a bit shit at others.

Like you mate - Its best leave you in charge of streams ;)
Original Dub

Postby BobKowalski » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:No that won't be neccessary, but thanks for the number. So you only came on here to vent about hughes, but when you feel Mancini has fucked up, you keep it to yourself? Right so...

"If we play like we did in the second half, we'll make top four" After losing to HULL!

I'm all for every city manager being a success and I'm all for getting behind him, but it pisses me off slightly when I see people carry on like hughes hadn't a clue when all Mancini done was prove we can beat the lesser teams and lose to any half decent one.

So while Mancini might be more to your liking, he has done fuck all SO FAR to warrant him being the bollox and hughes not having a clue.

We have not progressed YET. Some folk are jumoing up and down like we have, when we've only played two decent teams and lost three times.

Yeah I sulked after Hull. Not proud but its a fact.

And whilst we are on the 'ooh I hate Hughes' bollocks when are you going to quit hiding and come out and say you think Mancini is a cunt? Better than protesting that you back the manager (yeah right) and then bitch and snipe non stop. Come on man up. You know it makes sense :)
BobKowalski

Postby Vhero » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Vhero wrote:Wow its amazing ain't it? He had his best season under Hughes and it's Hughes fault he was playing bad? Yeah makes fucking perfect sense Stevie. How about you learn to play in more than 1 position then start talking?

Maybe he's talking about two different seasons and different positions? Is there a chance he might be? Some folk excel at one task and are a bit shit at others.

Fair enough mate but he can blame Hughes as much as he wants but he's not been much better under Mancini to be fair.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Original Dub wrote:No that won't be neccessary, but thanks for the number. So you only came on here to vent about hughes, but when you feel Mancini has fucked up, you keep it to yourself? Right so...

Yeah I sulked after Hull. Not proud but its a fact.

And whilst we are on the 'ooh I hate Hughes' bollocks when are you going to quit hiding and come out and say you think Mancini is a cunt? Better than protesting that you back the manager (yeah right) and then bitch and snipe non stop. Come on man up. You know it makes sense :)

I'll reply in the mancini thread.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't give a fuck whether he liked Hughes or not but it does worry me that he doesn't seem to know.

HILARIOUS.....
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:03 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Irelands thoughts are revealing about the player himself rather than anything else if you ask me. What I find worrying about this is that he is having a go at the last manager for playing him anywhere but his best position. Isn't exactly the same happening now so isn't he basically having ago at Mancini as well?
Maybe that's why he is looking for a transfer according to one rag.

I think you sum it up correctly there Doug.

I would add that i would hope Mancini will take him to one side and tell him to prove his worth on the training field and on the pitch when he plays. Interestingly enough on the same day this 'crap' from Ireland hits the press. There's an article about Kompany where he is saying basically "I'll play where the boss tells me to play" , because he wants to play !

Now Kompany's problem is far more of a headache for Mancini, who last week seemed to confirm Toure's status as captain. If only because to play Kompany he must drop Toure, if he is to play Lescott in there , or Lescott etc.

To drop Teves, who is scoring freely would be a shame to give Ireland his chance at his 'preferred' position. However I could imagine Ireland replacing Barry, if only for his speed.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bluez » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Vhero wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Fair enough mate but he can blame Hughes as much as he wants but he's not been much better under Mancini to be fair.

Mancini has only played him once is his favourite position and we won 3-0. One potential problem is that he is OK on the wing or deep (he can actually tackle), but after seeing what he can do OK isn't enough. But if we want him to be great he has to be behind the strikers getting into the box, look at the compilation and see how much of it is based around the box. Mancini likes his midfielders to be protecting the back four, which makes it more difficult to get into the box.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Ireland has been out of sorts but is good enough to build the team around, personally would try a 4-3-2-1 with him and tevez behind ade and barry dejong and vieira as middle 3 as that would give us a solid midfield but can actually link up with attack but on the downside we would have no width unless the fullbacks overlapped.

We need to find a way of playing Carlos and Stevie as it could make the difference between 4th and 5th imo.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:40 pm

Wait, this isn't another story where the headline over-antagonises the story is it? I've been fooled by those before.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum