Training Thursday 11/2

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Thursday 11/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Noon was the scheduled start today and when I arrived at 11.45 the keepers were already at it ( well at least 3 of them were) and Mancini was walking around setting all the cones out exactly where he wanted them.Just 2 players jogging around with a physio ( Petrov and Bridge).

The rest of the players started to come out just after 12 as did the last 2 keepers ( Taylor and Given) and gradually they were all out and basically just hanging around chatting and knocking balls around in small groups. Mancini then gathered them all together for the usual pre session chat and it looked like expalained some of what he was going to do.Lescott came out late during this chat and even later were Boyata and Cunningham) As he was pointing around the pitch the cameras around me were clicking madly away.Mancini then did his usual jogging around the pitch with the players roughly in their positions working the team around the field in team shape.

Missing were Tevez,Johnson,Bellers,Nedum. It was actually quite strange seeing just 1 player in each of the wide positions while they were doing this.This jogging around followed by stretching went on for 10/15 minutes before they split into two groups , one went off to play head tennis whilst a midfield 6 stayed with Mancini to work on their roles.This part was all done around the centre circle and basically without a ball. After 5 or 10 minutes of this these 6 moved to join the rest for some head tennis. ( the 6 were NDJ/PV/PZ/Silv/SI/GB)

The head tennis was another 10 minutes or so away in the distance from me and the only noticeable thing was watching NDJ trying to get scissor kicks over to win a point. After this they switched to a game of 8 a side and a few disappeared inside , notably Micah and Silvinho. Micah did come back out later to work on 1 to 1 basis.The 8 a side was on a very small pitch area and seemed to be more to get them to properly stretch their legs than anything else. It lasted about 15 minutes before the majority finished and just 6 stayed out for some shooting practice down at my end, clearly designed to reward me for watching through a fairly bland session:)

The 6 shooting were JL/JG/SI/SWP/MP and RSC and it was a mixture of all sorts of finishing except free kicks.MP was the pick of the bunch but a few managed to find the field behind the goal to keep me occupied. Brian Kidd did mention to me in passing that it was a light session given the 2 games close together coming up and that Carlos missing was precautionary as he took a knock on his heel on Tuesday. Toure was involved today and I assume Johnson wasn't because he is ineligible for Saturday's game and might have been given a day extra off to sort out his moving a bit more.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 11/2

Postby cityPinoy_fc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:45 pm

hai the dougster strikes again BIG thanks man. keep up the good work :)
[center]What would happen if pacman meets ferguson?
WHO THE F*** ARE MAN UNITED!!!!![/center]
cityPinoy_fc
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby ant london » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Was that Adam Johnson missing?

Is Croque ready for some game time in your opinion

How did Ireland seem, in himself?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:07 pm

Great report as usual Doug!
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 pm

great report doug,

just wondering what you think of the intensity of the training, is there much there. there seems to be alot of positioning and work without the ball, but not much attacking with pace.
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Top report as always there Doug thanks mate.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:50 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:great report doug,

just wondering what you think of the intensity of the training, is there much there. there seems to be alot of positioning and work without the ball, but not much attacking with pace.

I am thinking it's time for me to do something to look at the differences in training not after 5 or 6 weeks so I will leave that answer till then.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:53 pm

ant london wrote:Was that Adam Johnson missing?

Yes it was AJ missing.
RSC wasnt exactly looking sharp in the very little football that was played but might be ready for a sub role if needed.
Ireland seemed fine to me but he is a complicated character as we know. At least when they lined up in the positions at the start he was at the head of the midfield.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dazlebluefrog » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:34 pm

cheers DH great to hear your reports as ever ,so AJ wasn't there so i suppose he'll be in the team for tuesdays "return "
did PV look any sharper ? he'll need a cple of games to get him back up to prem speed carn't remember the last time i saw him give so many balls away like on tuesday
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:39 pm

dazlebluefrog wrote:cheers DH great to hear your reports as ever ,so AJ wasn't there so i suppose he'll be in the team for tuesdays "return "
did PV look any sharper ? he'll need a cple of games to get him back up to prem speed carn't remember the last time i saw him give so many balls away like on tuesday

I am sure AJ will be back for the next league game. As for PV it's hard to say as they did so little with a ball! He did stay behind for some extra running and a few other exercises whilst the shooting practice was going on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby eastlandsblue » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:07 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
ant london wrote:Was that Adam Johnson missing?

Yes it was AJ missing.
RSC wasnt exactly looking sharp in the very little football that was played but might be ready for a sub role if needed.
Ireland seemed fine to me but he is a complicated character as we know. At least when they lined up in the positions at the start he was at the head of the midfield.

And thats where he belongs
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:50 am

Must brush up on my initials - PV, JG etc etc
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum