The man city team to push for the top four

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The man city team to push for the top four

Postby Mr Miyagi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Either we don't stand a whore's chance in hell of making fourth or we have some right fucking drama queens on this board.

If you want to get personal.... I presume this in your OP was a piece of self-deprecating humour was it? Pot. Kettle. Black.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Either we don't stand a whore's chance in hell of making fourth or we have some right fucking drama queens on this board.

If you want to get personal.... I presume this in your OP was a piece of self-deprecating humour was it? Pot. Kettle. Black.

Its just as pet hate of mine when someone wades into a thread and sarcastically moans or patronises the OP.

Maybe I took you up wrong, sorry if I did :))
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 pm

Ronan what is wrong with someone having an opinnion mate?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:so are we not allowed to have an opinion when a player has a shocker now?

Absolutely but we are having regular moanfests even when we win these days. I can't say I'm not guilty of it sometimes as well but not ALL of our players can be as shite as you'd think reading this board over past few years really.

I think most of our players, at their best, are better than a lot of our competitors players but they've been patchy form-wise as individuals & as a team. As I'm always saying though it takes time to mould them into a top team & get them to gel in all areas. During the course of this season, imo, I've seen some of the best football I can ever remember & also some great individual performances, mixed in with periods of garbage, so imo they can do it but need to do it more often.

I recon we could still do with a few 'A' list players to turn this squad into a future PL winning one though.

there's no doubt about it mate, we need one or two truely great players for a title challenge, along with the whole team becoming a unit.
Its up to the manager and coaching staff, along with the money men of course to ensure this happens.

The part we play as fans though is to support the players while they gel and not over react when players go through bad patches. There's a difference in venting anger towards a player in the offical match thread or aftermath, that's not an over-reaction, that's a reaction. Over reaction is campaigning to prove you were right about a player not being good enough and trying to gather support in that regard. Its happened over and over and sometimes there's three seperate threads going about how certain players need to be played in the reseves or sold.

My overall point is that I think its easy to call for change here and change there "because we've got the money to do it", when sometimes what's needed is continuity and perseverance across the board. That way a weak link will become glaringly obvious and that weak link will be replaced. But they can't ALL be weak links and liabilities.

It kind of crosses into LookMum's thread- how much does it cost to win the title? Its a tough one to answer but I bet 9 times out of 10 dropping and changing players with great regularity will take a lot longer and cost a lot more before you win a title.

Thing is, there's much more threads slating players than praising them, yet we could be fourth very soon (please God), so it doesn't make sense that the nearly all of the players above are under such scrutiny. We may have bought a load of individuals in one go, and although one or two will under perform here and there, the team is what is actually being made here and unless its the same person that is solely at fault on a regular basis, we should be just getting behind them rather than dedicating threads to put them down and go OTT.

I'm sure this site can mirror the general consensus of the match attending folk on most subjects, so if most of us are openly unsure about a variety of players, then is it the same in the stadium? Are the fans approaching games "unsure" about the team and waiting for their particular scapegoat to fuck up to say "I told you so"?

I'm not sure, but its a strange set up to have lately and we're all guilty of it I suppose...

I think on the whole most of the fans in the ground are pretty supportive of most of the players but there's always a few (probably off here!) who are very short tempered & prone to outbursts of abuse against players & managers. Usually they eventually home in one player during a season & unfortunately they sometimes get a little gang of twats who join in, then the witch hunt starts.

Lescott was the one they were aiming for earlier in the season but he ruined their fun by playing well. On the whole it's not been too bad this season, where I'm sat. Even Hughes didn't really get more than the odd comment. It was bubbling under the other night amongst the gits though, they definitely smelt blood before Ade scored.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:15 pm

gillie wrote:Ronan what is wrong with someone having an opinnion mate?.

Give us a break Gillie wil you, I expected better from you...

I'm not saying folk shouldn't have an opinion, but starting a thread to say a player isn't good enough for the team, when its a different player every week is crazy.

Poor performances will be slated but trying to find a scapegoat every week through new threads is a bit fickle and spoilt, but that's just my opinion Gillie...

And what's wrong with someone having an opinion, right? ;)
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:Ronan what is wrong with someone having an opinnion mate?.

Give us a break Gillie wil you, I expected better from you...

I'm not saying folk shouldn't have an opinion, but starting a thread to say a player isn't good enough for the team, when its a different player every week is crazy.

Poor performances will be slated but trying to find a scapegoat every week through new threads is a bit fickle and spoilt, but that's just my opinion Gillie...

And what's wrong with someone having an opinion, right? ;)

Sorry mate i misinterpreted you op i thought you were having a go coz people where not too happy with the current performances re:players if you know what i mean.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby dazby » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:27 am

Stuff this, I'm going to the ballet.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby john68 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:18 am

Dub,
I am of the opinion that you have an opinion and it is your right to express your opinion because this board is all about having an opinion to express.
However, though you are of one opinion, you are also of the opinion that your opinion is correct and that others should not post their opinion if their opinion is not the same opinion as your opinion....which is bollox.
Ohthers who have a different opinion to your opinion have every right to express that opinion even if their opinion does not match your opinion.
In my opinion my opinion is the correct opinion but I would not criticise someone elses opinion to criticise my opinion if they thought their opinion was correct.
Well, that's my opinion.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:19 am

john68 wrote:Dub,
I am of the opinion that you have an opinion and it is your right to express your opinion because this board is all about having an opinion to express.
However, though you are of one opinion, you are also of the opinion that your opinion is correct and that others should not post their opinion if their opinion is not the same opinion as your opinion....which is bollox.
Ohthers who have a different opinion to your opinion have every right to express that opinion even if their opinion does not match your opinion.
In my opinion my opinion is the correct opinion but I would not criticise someone elses opinion to criticise my opinion if they thought their opinion was correct.
Well, that's my opinion.

I feel dizzy now.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:29 am

john68 wrote:Dub,
Well, that's my opinion.

Its all about opinions then? :)

It must be the way I post, because you're the third or fourth person who has interpreted my OP to mean you are never allowed have an opinion unless it matches mine, and it baffles me slightly.

The object of the post was because over the last few months each of these players has had threads started about them saying they are not good enough for this level. Not that they felt they have underperformed, that they are NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

So my point was that they can't all not be good enough because we will be fourth if win our games in hand, so as a team they quite clearly are!

I've criticised players as well after a match (eeeeees norrrrrrrrrmal no?), of course I have. I haven't started campaigns against them though and over reacted by saying they should be sold or playing reserve football and I wanted to see what the thinking was behind it. So to those of you I offended I apologise, I just think as fans we over react more than others and I wanted to see if folk reckoned it was because we have money to throw at a problem that might require patience and perseverence.

Do you think as fans we over react because we know we have the money to throw at a problem, where as other teams might be a little more patient and as a result be slower to want a player replaced permanently?
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:For the last few months there have been several threads about what players need to be dropped or sold or just aren't good enough.

Given: dodgey and a liability back. Causes defensive errors
Toure: Over rated and kompany is a better player. Give him the armband quickly.
Lescott: Everything from a donkey to a waste of money.
Richards: A fucking joke - the weakest link in the team
Bridge: Another liability, too slow and scared to tackle. Swap for Sylvinho. Actually, no forget that. Buy someone new.
SWP: Constantly runs into dead ends and gives the ball away more than anyone else
Barry: Too slow and needs to be dropped because he needs an operation or something
Ireland: Makes excuses and can't adapt to any other role besides playmaker. Shut keep his fucking mouth shut. Stay on the bench
De Jong: Lets the midfield bypass him and should fuck off back to where he came from
Vieira: Too old and slow to command a midfield like he used to.
Johnson: The dogs bollox, will be on the plane to South Africa and star for England
Tevez: Rich man's Paul Dickov and comparable to Vassell.... although is scoring a lot of goals and could now help out in our push.
Bellamy: Was brilliant but hasn't done fuck all for a few games now so needs a rest
Ade: Will he ever find the form he had before suspension? Is only scoring a goal a game lately so maybe he needs a rest.
Kompany: Class defender who should be made captain asap. Will help us push for fourth. Could be the next Vieira in midfield.
RSC: We'll never see him play for us because he's always crocked. Can't help at all.
Petrov: Doesn't tackle and should only be used in easy home games (but not Bolton)

So in summary, our push for fourth depends pretty much on Adam Johnson, Petrov at home in easy games, Bellamy when he's had his rest and Tevez with the odd help out from Ade. Oh and Kompany to hover between being the best defender we have to becoming the next Vieira and all while leading this team to glory.

Ridiculous WUM

Yeah that's it all right. Who's it aimed at?

OR maybe its a perspective thread....

Fucking knob.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, dreadging up past moans is just stirring shit. There is too much unecessary confrontation on this board.

Then using profanity towards people for not agreeing?

Time waster..
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:41 pm

sandman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
sandman wrote:
Original Dub wrote:For the last few months there have been several threads about what players need to be dropped or sold or just aren't good enough.

Bridge: Another liability, too slow and scared to tackle. Swap for Sylvinho. Actually, no forget that. Buy someone new.
SWP: Constantly runs into dead ends and gives the ball away more than anyone else
Barry: Too slow and needs to be dropped because he needs an operation or something
Ireland: Makes excuses and can't adapt to any other role besides playmaker. Shut keep his fucking mouth shut. Stay on the bench
De Jong: Lets the midfield bypass him and should fuck off back to where he came from
Johnson: The dogs bollox, will be on the plane to South Africa and star for England
Tevez: Rich man's Paul Dickov and comparable to Vassell.... although is scoring a lot of goals and could now help out in our push.
Bellamy: Was brilliant but hasn't done fuck all for a few games now so needs a rest
Ade: Will he ever find the form he had before suspension? Is only scoring a goal a game lately so maybe he needs a rest.
Kompany: Class defender who should be made captain asap. Will help us push for fourth. Could be the next Vieira in midfield.
RSC: We'll never see him play for us because he's always crocked. Can't help at all.
Petrov: Doesn't tackle and should only be used in easy home games (but not Bolton)

So in summary, our push for fourth depends pretty much on Adam Johnson, Petrov at home in easy games, Bellamy when he's had his rest and Tevez with the odd help out from Ade. Oh and Kompany to hover between being the best defender we have to becoming the next Vieira and all while leading this team to glory.

Ridiculous WUM

Yeah that's it all right. Who's it aimed at?

OR maybe its a perspective thread....

Fucking knob.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, dreadging up past moans is just stirring shit. There is too much unecessary confrontation on this board.

Then using profanity towards people for not agreeing?

Time waster..

I didn't use profanity towards your good self for not agreeing, I used profanity towards your good self for calling me a ridiculous wind up merchant. You clearly misunderstood the whole point of the thread, contributed nothing towards it other than to throw stick at me.

And then you call me a time waster. Good job you contribute so much towards the board, now I feel really bad for taking away some of the time that you could have otherwise used on something informative or thought provoking, like you usually do.

If "There is too much unecessary confrontion on this board" then don't jump into a thread and call someone a WUM.

It tends to cause confrontation.
Original Dub

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Some people are very passionate and say things during match threads which are over the top, sometimes just for abit of humour, or a release of frustration.

However in the grand scheme of things, all our players are good, and we love them all as soon as they have a blue shirt on.

It's a forum, freedom of speech, there#s a foe button if you don't want to see what some people put, isnt that right Edge?!
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby saulman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:36 pm

Brilliant post, Dub. Well said, fella.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:15 pm

Crossie wrote:Some people are very passionate and say things during match threads which are over the top, sometimes just for abit of humour, or a release of frustration.

However in the grand scheme of things, all our players are good, and we love them all as soon as they have a blue shirt on.

It's a forum, freedom of speech, there#s a foe button if you don't want to see what some people put, isnt that right Edge?!

Yep and I have often criticised players in the match thread Crossie.

But as I've said numerous times in this thread, its the threads started every week stating at one time or another that the above players aren't good enough and need to be replaced.

My point is that obviously this is not the case and probably only true in one or two cases, which leads me to believe it is dramatising of the highest orde when people START NEW THREADS campaigning for a player to be replaced.

That's all, no wind up. No agenda.

Just an observation that perhaps when you add serious money to the equation, you can subtract patience and perseverance.
Original Dub

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:20 pm

So you are have a bitch at people bitching?

Where would it end?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:26 pm

Slim wrote:So you are have a bitch at people bitching?

Where would it end?

Deep breath....

No I'm not - I'm saying I feel individual threads dedicated to different players being replaced every week are over dramatic, because its quite clear so far that this group of players ARE good enough for the push for fourth, so certainly 90% of these threads are completely unwarranted IMO.

I'm also curious to find out the reason for this.

I believe having so much money means some fans are less likely to get behind the players we already have.

What do you think?
Original Dub

Postby sandman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:10 pm

I think we have a massively talanted squad with many players who dont fulfil their potential consistantly, I feel that those of us who pay a small fortune to watch half arsed performances from varying areas of the pitch have the right to moan. If they all played to their best 97% of the time then I honestly believe we'd be pushing the top two for the title.

I also think we play poor in the cold, I'll be in about 4 layers today so I feel for the players, but then they'll have to run to keep warm!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Slim wrote:So you are have a bitch at people bitching?

Where would it end?

Deep breath....

No I'm not - I'm saying I feel individual threads dedicated to different players being replaced every week are over dramatic, because its quite clear so far that this group of players ARE good enough for the push for fourth, so certainly 90% of these threads are completely unwarranted IMO.

I'm also curious to find out the reason for this.

I believe having so much money means some fans are less likely to get behind the players we already have.

What do you think?

I think Lee has it right, we discuss everything on here good or bad and I think if a certain poster has something against a player, ie. piccs v petrov, vhero v ireland, ibh v richards, then you take their opinion with a pinch of salt. Richards is one of my favourite players and while it stings to say he had a shit game(whenever, there are a few to pick from), I think good posters are quite willing to call a spade a spade. And if players are wandering on here looking at what the masses think then I would hope clicking on the thread means they can take what goodies lie within.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum