Copa del Rey semi -final

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Copa del Rey semi -final

Postby david yearsley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Thought I would keep you all abreast of the 2nd leg of Racing - Atletico for the right to meet Sevilla, probably in the Mestalla, Valencia

Well 4-0 up from first leg it looked a formality but in "typical"(and you thought that only applied to City!) Atletico style we conceded an own goal after two minutes to give the Cantabrians a sniff . Valera then made up for his gaffe by scoring in the right end to give us the away goal and seal the tie . Atletico now lead 2-1 so as it stands Racing need to win 7-2 - think it´s safe to say

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTIIII !!! Fuclin cup final No 1 of 2 hopefully - can´t fuclin wait till April!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Re: Copa del Rey semi -final

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:21 pm

david yearsley wrote:Thought I would keep you all abreast of the 2nd leg of Racing - Atletico for the right to meet Sevilla, probably in the Mestalla, Valencia

Well 4-0 up from first leg it looked a formality but in "typical"(and you thought that only applied to City!) Atletico style we conceded an own goal after two minutes to give the Cantabrians a sniff . Valera then made up for his gaffe by scoring in the right end to give us the away goal and seal the tie . Atletico now lead 2-1 so as it stands Racing need to win 7-2 - think it´s safe to say

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTIIII !!! Fuclin cup final No 1 of 2 hopefully - can´t fuclin wait till April!

Well done Athletico made up for yer mate have a great day at the mestalla.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:27 pm

Nice one lad.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby david yearsley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:28 pm

gillie wrote:
david yearsley wrote:Thought I would keep you all abreast of the 2nd leg of Racing - Atletico for the right to meet Sevilla, probably in the Mestalla, Valencia

By no means guaranteed a ticket mate though I do have contacts here through Alicante branch - might go up anyway to sample the atmosphere
Racing down to 10 for a vicious elbow - Asuncao is a player I wouldn´t mind at City - outstanding DM along with Tiago
david yearsley

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:40 pm

david yearsley wrote:
gillie wrote:

By no means guaranteed a ticket mate though I do have contacts here through Alicante branch - might go up anyway to sample the atmosphere
Racing down to 10 for a vicious elbow - Asuncao is a player I wouldn´t mind at City - outstanding DM along with Tiago

David i think the general concensus is that we have too many DMs and we need an attacking one lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby david yearsley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:52 pm

gillie wrote:
david yearsley wrote:
gillie wrote:

David i think the general concensus is that we have too many DMs and we need an attacking one lol.

Yeah thats true but as we were after Big Mac and depending on how Vieira does he would be worth a shout
Anyway back to the match and in "typical " Atletico style we´ve let Santander score twice in the last two minutes to make it 3-2 on the night - keeper fucled up - Agg 6-3 - Should be a cracking final and a great occasion - Prince Felipe , the kings son and heir is a big Atletico fan so I wonder if he´ll have his colours on !!
david yearsley

Postby gillie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:29 pm

david yearsley wrote:
gillie wrote:
david yearsley wrote:
gillie wrote:

Yeah thats true but as we were after Big Mac and depending on how Vieira does he would be worth a shout
Anyway back to the match and in "typical " Atletico style we´ve let Santander score twice in the last two minutes to make it 3-2 on the night - keeper fucled up - Agg 6-3 - Should be a cracking final and a great occasion - Prince Felipe , the kings son and heir is a big Atletico fan so I wonder if he´ll have his colours on !!

Enjoy mate and once again well done.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:11 am

Good luck for the final mate, hope Atletico goes to win it, I've always had a soft spot for them (although my fav Spanish team is Barça, lol).
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:22 am

I'm looking forward to Sevilla game. The first leg was a cracker.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby david yearsley » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:00 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:Good luck for the final mate, hope Atletico goes to win it, I've always had a soft spot for them (although my fav Spanish team is Barça, lol).

It´s a given that Atletico and Barca are "amigos para siempre" ... and the missus is Barca too but she´ll be "rojiblanco" come the final!!
david yearsley

Return to The Maine Football forum